How can I tell if my SA 3250HD has firewire enabled? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been having trouble getting firewire setup on linux to use with MythTV. I have been following the firewire wiki on it but everything I try comes back as failed.

I was able to get into 3250HD Service Menu but even though i saw several mentions of IEEE 1394 I was unable to make heads or tails if any of the screens told me the port was enabled.

I called up Austin Time Warner about it and after getting the run around I got a tech who told me the ports are disabled and he was checking around how to get them enabled for me. Well he calls me back and tells me that after talking to the hire ups and a Scientific Atlanta rep that all the 3250HD boxes that Austin Time Warner has have the firewire port (IEEE 1394) enabled. He claims he tested it on some boxes in the office and verified this. However he told me there was nothing i could look at in the service menu to tell me this.

So now i have them claiming the port is enabled but nothing I do seems to work. One person in the MythTV-users IRC channel who has been helping me bets the ports on my boxes are still disabled. I need a way to either prove it is enabled or prove it is disabled.

I am open to the possibility of doing something under windows if it will get me definitive proof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I still haven't been able to figure out if it is enabled or not.
Reply Firewire 1394 Trade Association Q&A

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page