Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2006, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found this list of digital displays with Firewire input:

http://www.hdtvpub.com/productdb/tel...25&searched=do

I would like to know which of them can accept D-Theater signal through firewire input, since they can accept up to 1080i.

D-theater IEEE 1394 output is encrypted with 5C-DTCP, but it should be possible to view signal on such displays if they are DTCP compliant. Has anyone experienced this?

Or is the IEEE port only reserved for DV camcorders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemeccanica
I found this list of digital displays with Firewire input:

D-Theater IEEE 1394 output is encrypted with 5C-DTCP, but it should be possible to view signal on such displays if they are DTCP compliant. Has anyone experienced this?

Or is the IEEE port only reserved for DV camcorders?
I can say the Pio's and Sony's will do this, most likely they all would. My 30K's work fine with my Pio 4360, however the 30k's won't record the 4360's over the air HD tuner sigs on firewire. To get that working you need the newer HU5(?) model JVC. A friend got that feature working in that way, a new recorder. Other than the JVC (el al) D-VHS STB's not sure what else used firewire besides cameras?

Good luck picking one. :)

It is "WOW" TV!
Old 07-01-2006, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

I ahve the HM-DH5U; but I was interested to know about playing D-Thetaer tapes via firewire on digital displays, so D-thetaer films can be seen on your PIO ,via firewire this is a good result!!!! thank you very very much indeed for you answer
Old 07-01-2006, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I ahve the HM-DH5U; but I was interested to know about playing D-Thetaer tapes via firewire on digital displays, so D-thetaer films can be seen on your PIO ,via firewire this is a good result!!!! thank you very very much indeed for you answer
Your welcome, while I don't use the feature often due to using the set-up to dup tape, seems the Pio will auto switch to that input (#2 firewire) if it see's the 30K turned on, and you can control the 30K with the Pio remote, like all firewire set-ups, I guess. I use a old Sammy 165 OTA tuner for recording so having the on board Pio tuner was no big deal for me, until the Sammy quits working that is. Then I will also need the same recorder you have. :)

In reflection seems getting the DD or DTS audio out of the 30K's still require hooking up optical or digital line to the receiver. Not sure if that would be a issue for you and I really don't know much about the DH5U.

Have a good one.....

It is "WOW" TV!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 AM

The Sony SXRD's will. I have the KDSR60XBR1 and playback thru firewire all my D-Theater tapes from a JVC 40k and also dvhs recordings from a Mits 1100 with no problems at all. Pic quality seems less noisy thru this connection rather than component, although component is fine, too.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I also have the HM-DH5U, which is connected to a Sharp LC-37D90U via firewire. So far, all D-Theater tapes have played fine...

:)

日本語の学生
Old 07-08-2006, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

thank you very much indeed for all your answers