iLink to ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-16-2007, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a universal player that will only output multichannel audio from an SACD via an iLink output. I do not have any equipment with an iLink input and manufacturers of equipment I own that I've spoken to do not seem to think this will be coming.

What I need is something that will take the iLink output from the player and convert it either to 5.1 digital audio (via HDMI) or 5.1 analog audio much the same as I get from my HD-DVD and BluRay players. Does this exist or will it anytime soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-29-2007, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary16 View Post

I have a universal player that will only output multichannel audio from an SACD via an iLink output. I do not have any equipment with an iLink input and manufacturers of equipment I own that I've spoken to do not seem to think this will be coming.

What I need is something that will take the iLink output from the player and convert it either to 5.1 digital audio (via HDMI) or 5.1 analog audio much the same as I get from my HD-DVD and BluRay players. Does this exist or will it anytime soon?

Any luck finding an answer? I have a similar situation where I have an older Sony 34XBR2 CRT HDTV with only an ilink connector for its digital connection. I recently upgraded my receiver to an Onkyo NR-905 with hdmi 1.3 connectors and a Samsung BD-UP5000 with HDMI output. Would like to know if there is a way to convert or adapt the HDMI output of the player to the iLink input of the Sony 34XBR2 display? Anyone?

Words of wisdom, "The more you know, the more you know that you don't know."
post #3 of 6 Old 12-30-2007, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seems that all the new AV receivers have dropped the ilink connection. I have a Marantz DVD9600 and the new receivers have HDMI 1.3 Things change to quickly and we get stuck upgrading.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-31-2007, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The new Pioneer SC-lX90 flagship amp has HDMI1.3 and ILink but it is $6000 (Then again is an excellent unit and the Marantz 9600 is not cheap).
post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post

The new Pioneer SC-lX90 flagship amp has HDMI1.3 and ILink but it is $6000 (Then again is an excellent unit and the Marantz 9600 is not cheap).

My universal player is an Esoteric that retails for just under 10K and is a new model which is why I was surprised to find the ilink output as the only was to get the multichannel audio. Someone, somewhere, must make an adapter!!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary16 View Post

My universal player is an Esoteric that retails for just under 10K and is a new model which is why I was surprised to find the ilink output as the only was to get the multichannel audio. Someone, somewhere, must make an adapter!!

ILink is better for SACD, DVD-A and CD. The Esoterics user Flow Control which reduces jitter significantly (Ilink with flow control has lower jitter than SPDIF which has lower jitter than HDMI).

If you have the budget I would defnitely try the Esoteric with the new Pioneer (Should be completely compatible). Teac chose ILink for a reason.
Reply Firewire 1394 Trade Association Q&A

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page