AVS Forum banner

esata to firewire?

79K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  snaimpally 
#1 ·
Hi,

I own an imac and I'd like to buy the DS351 from Silverstone.

This external raid unit has only esata connector and my imac only has firewire/usb.

I tried to find an cable adapter with firewire 800 on one end and esata on the other end but google did not retrieve the desired results.

Do anyone of you have any suggestion?

Many thanks.

#4 ·
thanks for the update.

I finally changed my external drive for a combo, firewire, sata, usb.

however, the devide you suggest only output to firewire 400.

the gain over usb 2 through the converter must be marginal. have you compared the speed of both interfaces?

#7 ·
I have a related issue I am working on. I'd love your recommendations. I have an eSATA output on my laptop as well as USB 2.0, but I need to connect a recording interface which is a male Firewire 1394. So is there an adapter that can accomplish that? I purchased a Firewire/USB adapter, but it doesn't seem to be working. The software does not recognize that the interface is connected at all. Possibly a bum adapter, but maybe it wasn't ever going to work in the first place. Any thoughts?

I'm running Windows 7 and connecting to a Presonus Firebox, btw.

Thanks for your consideration,

Blycker

#10 ·
Ive got the same issue. Dell Lap with usb and sata. Personus firebox with firewire. I searched hard and have found only the cooldrive and spyderhub. Anybody figured it out? I have written to both companies for thier opinion. Sounds like it will work but will it ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.