Originally Posted by DavidEC HD-DVD owner looking for dual machine and have questions about the following as I already have the disc's
01) Beowulf (HD DVD) : sluggish loading time, occasional non-repeatable audio dropouts/glitches over HDMIDo these audio drop out only happen over HDMI and not Optical/Analog
I personally havent experienced the audio dropouts so I cant comment on those. From what I remember most of the members who were having them were connected via HDMI or spdif.
04) The Kingdom (HD DVD) : sluggish IME (U-control) menus
But the movie does play correct?
The movie plays fine for me...
08) Spiderman 3/Lost Season 3/Cars/Multiple titles (BD) : "jumpy" menu behavior, making selections difficult
What do you mean by 'Jumpy menu"?? does the movie play with out error once selected? And why do so many Ble-Ray disc's seem to have menu troubles???
The movies play fine...The jumpy menu means that if you make a selection it may "jump" a few selections of the sub menu. Its hard to explain unless youve experienced it.
10) Various (Warner HD DVD) : forced 60 fps coupled with audio dropouts on some Warner discs
I guess I don't understand the forced "fps" issue
Unless you are running at 24fps then this wouldnt matter to you..I still havent noticed the dropouts with Warner HD-DVDs, but some say they are there on the newer discs (Michael Clayton , Brave One, ect...), I have the Blu-ray versions and they played flawlessly....
11) The Matador (HD DVD) : Menu difficult to navigate, selections not visible
Sorry dont have the disc.
??) Does the HD-DVD's of ""Heroes"" & Star Trek play back correctly? as I have read messages both ways??
I dont remember any issues with watching Heroes...I havent seen any updates on ST:TOS, but from wht I remeber it was fixed with 1.2FW
--David"".. Tell me I just did not make a mistake.. as I just ordered a refurbished BD-UP5000 >for less than $400.00 shipped< ... wife was wanting a 'Blu-Ray' player for the "Disney Pirate" movies ..I was going to wait for a profile 2.0 machine..but the price looked right..""
The "mistake" is ones own perception....I personally dont think you made a mistake, but others may think you have...For less than 400$ shipped the player is a great deal...