Any news on a BH300? - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 156 Old 07-31-2008, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It would be interesting if the recently announced BD300 included an undocumented and unsupported compatibility with HDDVD discs. I don't see why they would do it, as it's another point of potential failure (not to mention the added cost), but it would be interesting, nonetheless...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by guste View Post

It would be interesting if the recently announced BD300 included an undocumented and unsupported compatibility with HDDVD discs. I don't see why they would do it, as it's another point of potential failure (not to mention the added cost), but it would be interesting, nonetheless...

Uh, if they were going to put that much effort into it, it would be documented. Kind of like hoping Toshiba's new upconverting DVD players would have an undocumented ability to play Blu-ray

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #153 of 156 Old 07-31-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

Uh, if they were going to put that much effort into it, it would be documented. Kind of like hoping Toshiba's new upconverting DVD players would have an undocumented ability to play Blu-ray

Well, I'm not 'hoping' either way... I'm in Canada, so the Netflix feature is useless to me, not to mention I already have the BH200 which does everything I want. I just thought it might be neat if it made it in. I said unsupported and undocumented, because who the hell wants to support a dead format?
post #154 of 156 Old 08-01-2008, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by guste View Post

It would be interesting if the recently announced BD300 included an undocumented and unsupported compatibility with HDDVD discs.

Geez, you had me really confused for a minute, cuz I didn't notice the "D" instead of the "H" this thread is about.

Guess there (truly) needn't be any more speculation about a possible BH300. Fine by me--I'm waiting & watching for the (inevitable?) closeout deals on the 200 model.
post #155 of 156 Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Guess the BD 300 does not use the Marvell QDeo chip that is on the BH 200. Many consider the qdeo to be amongst the best video processor chips, with Sigma designs being perhaps the weakest for DVD upconversion. So curious which direction LG went in terms of Video Processor here. But at a sub $500 price point I don't believe we will see the qdeo - which makes the BH 200 perhaps the best Blu ray player value IMO (unless you also have interest in Netflix)
post #156 of 156 Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page