Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have all of my gear now after CEVA was a bit late delivering the television this week. I have the 3808 conntected to the 650 LCD via the HDMI monitor output and the BH200 connected to an HDMI input. I assume that I will not experience a loss of picture quality by using the HDMI switching capabilities in the 3808...

I am getting a picture now (I Am Legend Bluray looks awesome btw) but I am still working on optimizing the picture and the audio. I am looking for some help optimizing the picture quality and audio from the BH200:

The Denon 3808CI has an I/P scaler function that I have turned off at the moment - I didn't think that was needed for this player but I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do?

Since the 650 Series supports 1080P/24 I assume I want that enabled on the BH200 but I don't see it as an option. I have the resolution on the player set to 1080P with Qdeo video mode and the manual seems to indicate that the player enables /24 automatically based on a handshake with the other components? Is there anything I have to do on the receiver side to support this (doesn't look like it)?

I have the player set to HDMI "PCM Multi-Ch" 192kHz for audio so that the 3808 will decode the audio . I am not seeing DolbyTrueHD or DTS Master audio show up on the display as of yet - is there another setting I should use to access the new audio codecs (I have the track selected on the disc)?

Any other things I should be looking at with this setup would also be helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

With the March or April firmware you can force 24Hz support. I understand set to Auto it doesn't always work.

PCM Multi-Ch will output TrueHD as Lossless PCM and DTS-HD as the DTS Core (1.5Mbps) as PCM (but not Lossless). That's why your Amp isn't picking up TrueHD/DTS-HD, as it's receiving PCM. As your Amp supports TrueHD/DTS-HD you want to set the BH200 to Primary Pass-Thru not PCM Mult-Ch.

PCM Multi-Ch converts everything to PCM and doesn't send it as Bitstream for your Amp to decode.

Quote:

I have the player set to HDMI "PCM Multi-Ch" 192kHz for audio so that the 3808 will decode the audio.

Wrong way round. With it set to PCM Multi-Ch it's the Player which does the decoding. Primary Pass-Thru lets the Amp do the decoding.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Bradavon - thanks for the reply.

HDMI pass through fixed it - awesome!

How do I force the 24Hz setting? I did the firmware update. Also, is there anything I need to do on the BH200/Receiver for deep color support?
post #4 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolton View Post

How do I force the 24Hz setting? I did the firmware update. Also, is there anything I need to do on the BH200/Receiver for deep color support?

For 1080/24 go to Home, setup, Other and set Film mode to On. Dont bother yourself about deep colour as no disc supports it.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Thanks efjay - I saw that option but wasn't sure what it was. 1080P/24 = Film Mode, makes sense
post #6 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolton View Post

Thanks efjay - I saw that option but wasn't sure what it was. 1080P/24 = Film Mode, makes sense

No problem, sit back and enjoy
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page