BH200 Firmware Help? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 05-14-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please forgive me if this has already been addressed before,but I need some help with upgrading both the driver and software on my BH200.
I've downloaded the files,unzipped with winzip,burned with Roxio 10,verified the bytes as accurate,but when put into my player the tv will show LG Disc,and the player panel will read either driver update or firmware update,but the screen showing upgrade progress will not come on.
It seems the player just stops.
Thank goodness I havent bricked the player,as I've tried numerous times with both discs.
Please...does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
I burned the region disc the same way and it worked.
Help PLEASE!....

I support Region-Free/OAR!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 PM

Well, I'm assuming if you've already done it with the region hack, you already know this, but just to double check ... make sure the file is at the root level of the disk. Couple of other things I can think of:

1. you are using seperate disks, right? (one for the driver, one for the firmware)
2. maybe try just the firmware via disk and then get the driver via the network update (ethernet).
3. finally ... are you using a CD? You might try DVD-R. I could never get it to work in my BH200 with a CD but when I burned it to DVD and popped it in, it worked perfectly.

Sorry; that's about all I can come up with. Good luck!

-C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikric View Post

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed before,but I need some help with upgrading both the driver and software on my BH200.
I've downloaded the files,unzipped with winzip,burned with Roxio 10,verified the bytes as accurate,but when put into my player the tv will show LG Disc,and the player panel will read either driver update or firmware update,but the screen showing upgrade progress will not come on.
It seems the player just stops.
Thank goodness I havent bricked the player,as I've tried numerous times with both discs.
Please...does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
I burned the region disc the same way and it worked.
Help PLEASE!....

post #3 of 11 Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Other than what Casey said, is Roxio set to? -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...9&postcount=84

It's instructions for the SD DVD Multiregion hack but most of it also apples to any data file you burn to a CD. I don't know if all of them are crucial but it will make sure you're burnt a standard CD. For example the LG BH200 may have issues reading multi-session CDs or unfinalised CDs.
post #4 of 11 Old 05-14-2008, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys,
And yep I burned each to a seperate disc.
Will try with DVD-R and see if that helps.
--Ok,got the firmware disc done,and it worked.
Now to do the loader disc,but as its late that will be tried tomarrow.
Thanks again Casey and Bradavon,I really appreciate the help,the thing was driving me nuts.

post #5 of 11 Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Hell, the beauty of the BH200 is that you don't even have to waste a blank CD. I would use a USB key/stick and call it a day.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-15-2008, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Personally I'd just a CD-RW or USB Stick. Still if CD-Rs/DVD-Rs work for you I wouldn't worry about it. They cost peanuts.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-15-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

It finally took a CD-RW that did the trick.
I didnt have a usb mem stick to try.
But all is now well,so again a big thanks to Casey and Bradavon!

post #8 of 11 Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikric View Post

It finally took a CD-RW that did the trick.
I didnt have a usb mem stick to try.
But all is now well,so again a big thanks to Casey and Bradavon!

Glad to hear you got it working! Isn't it odd how fickle modern technology is? Since all data is a string of 1's and 0's, how it is written to and read from a CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, etc. should be identical and everything should work perfectly. Should; but it doesn't. Go figure.

Hope you enjoy your BH200 as much as I have mine over the last couple of months!

-C.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-17-2008, 01:51 PM

I just got the B200 today and thought the firmware upgrade process was great, especially because I could use a USB stick. I didn't understand something, though: I had the latest version uzipped on the root of the USB (with verified size) and the player detected it, showed it was on 701 and upgraded from the USB. After the reboot, I now had the option to update from the Internet, so I tried it for fun, and the update screen showed it was still on 701, found another update, and after the reboot only then showed it was on 702.

I got the ZIP from the us.lge.com site following directions in the MiniFAQ thread, so it should have been the latest. Did I do something wrong with the process I used? (I tried another internet update, but this time it reported no newer update available.)

Long time member of sister site DBSTalk
post #10 of 11 Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew2k View Post

I just got the B200 today and thought the firmware upgrade process was great, especially because I could use a USB stick. I didn't understand something, though: I had the latest version uzipped on the root of the USB (with verified size) and the player detected it, showed it was on 701 and upgraded from the USB. After the reboot, I now had the option to update from the Internet, so I tried it for fun, and the update screen showed it was still on 701, found another update, and after the reboot only then showed it was on 702.

I got the ZIP from the us.lge.com site following directions in the MiniFAQ thread, so it should have been the latest. Did I do something wrong with the process I used? (I tried another internet update, but this time it reported no newer update available.)

701 is the driver for the HD DVD/Blu-Ray Drive. The firmware version you updated is displayed the line below that. You can only get the driver updates over the internet
post #11 of 11 Old 05-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Thanks Kurtis!

Long time member of sister site DBSTalk
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page