Originally Posted by DM2006RI
From my conversations with samsungmaster they're definitely doing firmware updates, the issue was always BD Live and whether or not that would happen....not whether or not the player would ever get updated again.
Sigh. It's *not* definite as conflicting info is out there. I'll repeat...
1. Customer Service apparently told some in this forum that no further updates will be made.
2. Customer Service told others that disc issues will continue to be fixed.
3. samsungmaster acknowledged that confusion is out there--see this post
. Clarification is forthcoming after the trip to Korea.
4. Playback issues have never really been addressed by LG in a timely manner, so point #2 doesn't mean much to me--LG should step up their pace of playback fixes, not merely continue their laggard pace.
5. I have repeatedly said it could be nothing more than Customer Service providing the wrong info.
We're all lucky that samsungmaster participates here. I look forward to hearing what samsungmaster finds out as I can't imagine that LG would walk away. Then again, LG's pace of providing playback updates does not engender confidence. In fact, they've done the opposite (removed January fixes in subsequent updates).
So again, thanks to samsungmaster for looking into this!