BH200 firmware watch... - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I replied to the email LG sent me on 11/10/08. I emailed all info and also a jpeg of my receipt on that day. This morning at 8am I got a call from LG. They were confirming the info I sent to them and said I should receive a $75 check from them in the next 2-3 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM2006RI View Post

From my conversations with samsungmaster they're definitely doing firmware updates, the issue was always BD Live and whether or not that would happen....not whether or not the player would ever get updated again.

Sigh. It's *not* definite as conflicting info is out there. I'll repeat...
1. Customer Service apparently told some in this forum that no further updates will be made.
2. Customer Service told others that disc issues will continue to be fixed.
3. samsungmaster acknowledged that confusion is out there--see this post. Clarification is forthcoming after the trip to Korea.
4. Playback issues have never really been addressed by LG in a timely manner, so point #2 doesn't mean much to me--LG should step up their pace of playback fixes, not merely continue their laggard pace.
5. I have repeatedly said it could be nothing more than Customer Service providing the wrong info.

We're all lucky that samsungmaster participates here. I look forward to hearing what samsungmaster finds out as I can't imagine that LG would walk away. Then again, LG's pace of providing playback updates does not engender confidence. In fact, they've done the opposite (removed January fixes in subsequent updates).

So again, thanks to samsungmaster for looking into this!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradavon View Post

How nice!

I cannot say I'm too surprised, even if it is annoying to hear that. That second sentence should say:

"As a consumer electronics leader, LG is committed to its "North American" customers and we are offering $75 cash back for any inconvenience this has caused."

I guess I should ask LG Belgium (where mine comes from) if they're doing the same. I doubt it.

US customers yes. Canadians apparantly not.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

..and many of us here in the States have installed the Canadian firmware without issue

US customers - have your cake - $75.00, and eat it to - BD 2.0 live
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilblue View Post

Sigh. It's *not* definite as conflicting info is out there. I'll repeat...
1. Customer Service apparently told some in this forum that no further updates will be made.
2. Customer Service told others that disc issues will continue to be fixed.
3. samsungmaster acknowledged that confusion is out there--see this post. Clarification is forthcoming after the trip to Korea.
4. Playback issues have never really been addressed by LG in a timely manner, so point #2 doesn't mean much to me--LG should step up their pace of playback fixes, not merely continue their laggard pace.
5. I have repeatedly said it could be nothing more than Customer Service providing the wrong info.

We're all lucky that samsungmaster participates here. I look forward to hearing what samsungmaster finds out as I can't imagine that LG would walk away. Then again, LG's pace of providing playback updates does not engender confidence. In fact, they've done the opposite (removed January fixes in subsequent updates).

So again, thanks to samsungmaster for looking into this!

Nobody is saying otherwise. And all I'm telling you is what samsungmaster indicated to me a couple of weeks ago when I PM'd him about the FOR YOUR EYES ONLY problem.

My point is there seems to be a lot of confusion over the "no" to BD Live now meaning there will be no updates at all. I seriously doubt it's the latter, though we'll just wait to see what Samsungmaster has to say.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I should mention my $75 check showed up today. I had talked directly to the customer service rep, who called me after my initial email from last month.

Hopefully everyone gets theirs soon
Old 11-17-2008, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Got a call from customer service today confirming that they have all my rebate info and I should be receiving my $75 check within 3 weeks. This was exactly one week from when I sent my email request.

The rep was very cordial and thanked me for making my purchase, as well as thanking me for my patience and understanding in this matter.

I asked if there were any planned fw updates in the near future other than BD-Live, while she wasn't specific, she said LG would continue to support it's customers who purchased the 200.

I still continue to hope we will see something soon???

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:13 PM

I got my $75.00 check today...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:43 PM

Got my check as well today....
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Why havn't I been contacted? This is nuts. Its totally random.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

Why havn't I been contacted? This is nuts. Its totally random.

You're not alone - I've heard zip so far, too. I'm just going to be a little more patient and wait through the week and then probably call vs the e-mail I sent.

Good luck.

!!Jonason!!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Don't wait for a multinational corp to get back to you. Call them.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Whats stopping me from just faxing them my info to the number some of the members here provided? I'll call them tomorrow and see whats going on.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Seems like they're doing these in some type of order, possibly "first come, first served" sequence???

If you haven't done so, I suggest emailing or faxing the required info and it seems you will receive a call from one of their CSRs to confirm receipt and tell you that you're check will arrive within 3 weeks.

Edit: It seems that they are responding within 1 week of receipt of your info by telephone as opposed to email. Maybe they want to make sure that they are not being scammed or something.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Well, today will make it one week exactly... so we shall see... so far, no calls.

"For deep bass, the listener is not really listening to the speaker, but rather, is listening to the room as it is being played by the speaker."
Juicy
Doggie Jabber
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caanda45 View Post

Interesting, according to LG Canada (just got off the phone to them) a firmware update is 3 weeks away that will address the spec 2.0 issues. He said that LG Canada and US are 2 separate entities and the software between the 2 machines are slightly different. Not sure I believe that, and that is why they are not offering the $75.00 rebate in Canada but giving us the fix.
So for you guys on here that know more than I do is this a line of BS? My spider senses say yes (it is a line of BS given to me!!!), but maybe just maybe it will come here in Canada? Can`t be very many players sold here vs. the US market.

Could possibly be a licensing issue of some sort...

"For deep bass, the listener is not really listening to the speaker, but rather, is listening to the room as it is being played by the speaker."
Juicy
Doggie Jabber
Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 AM

Well, I'm a Canadian and honestly, having BD-Live is not really important... consider it like a bonus ok but seriously, what's soooo hot with BD-Live? I used HD-DVD online feature couples of times and man, for all the hassle just to register and to finally ends-up to a webpage or a flash game look like that you could get quickly and easier on a computer, I don't give a f***

I would 10 times more have a reliable player that's does'nt drop audio or frames (I'm still lucky got only few overtime) and that could read every titles without any glitches (Zohan time bar) or that can't read at all (Madagascar 2). Thanks God, HD-DVD was so stable I never got anything wrong... only the wining BD format gives me hard time.

So far, my BH200 is running fine 99.5% of the time and I can't risk a BD-Live upgrade would screw it just like the June firmware introduced some drop-outs I did'nt got with the April one.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Got my check yesterday
Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 AM

OK, lets get back to the topic, please: Firmware watch.
When will we get the next firmware?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:56 AM

Update:

I got a confirmation from LG today that they are processing my request.

!!Jonason!!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Just wondering if anyone has requested $75 checks for more than one player? I bought two BH200s (one for myself, one for a gift) about 3 weeks ago, and would love to get a check for each one.

Has anyone contacted LG about getting checks for more than one machine?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:50 PM

I just posted in the 'BH200 Rebate for Canadians' thread here. I called LG Canada and spoke to Scott. It seems that LG will not be providing any BD-Live update, nor will they be giving rebate cheques to Canadians. They took no responsibilty for the global press release and said they were serparate from the US and even South Korea, so tough luck basically.

Awesome.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 PM

Hit the bitches where it counts, in the pocketbooks (avoiding their brand like the plague henceforward).
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenlantz View Post

Just wondering if anyone has requested $75 checks for more than one player? I bought two BH200s (one for myself, one for a gift) about 3 weeks ago, and would love to get a check for each one.

Has anyone contacted LG about getting checks for more than one machine?

I bought 3 BH200's from a local best buy about 2 weeks ago. Last week I called the generic customer service line and the rep had me email a scan of my reciept. I also provided him with the serial numbers of all 3 units. Yesterday I recieved 3 separate $75 checks in 3 separate envelopes. One of the units I bought was brand new in box for $242, another was no box but included all acessories for $199, and the third had no box or remote or power cord for $99. So net cost for 3 units was $540-$225 in rebates = $315. I think I did alright.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docquest View Post

I bought 3 BH200's from a local best buy about 2 weeks ago. Last week I called the generic customer service line and the rep had me email a scan of my reciept. I also provided him with the serial numbers of all 3 units. Yesterday I recieved 3 separate $75 checks in 3 separate envelopes. One of the units I bought was brand new in box for $242, another was no box but included all acessories for $199, and the third had no box or remote or power cord for $99. So net cost for 3 units was $540-$225 in rebates = $315. I think I did alright.

I hate you.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Jolly good show! Thank you for the info...
Old 11-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

I bought ten of them.... wonder how I will do.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr123 View Post

OK, lets get back to the topic, please: Firmware watch.
When will we get the next firmware?

+1

There are other threads where info regarding the $75 rebate would be more relevant. Besides, every time I get an email saying there's a new post in this thread, I get excited thinking there's finally been a firmware update, only to find out someone else has gotten their $75.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst96se View Post

I bought ten of them.... wonder how I will do.

Damn! Really? I have four and I thought I was the "winner."
Old 11-18-2008, 07:10 PM

Gave them my information on my BH200 and they are going to send me a check as well. Also stated that I didn't want to feel like the loser who bought this player from the wrong manufacturer. He said they are definitely working on a new firmware and I gave him my personal problems with Madagascar. He attempted to say that it was disc related but I mentioned it works on my BH100 and he said they are on it. He alos was very adamant to ask if there were any other discs with problems. I hope the firmware is coming soon. I know it will not be BD live, ergo the cost of the upgrade of $75, but he promised that they will continue to support the BH200 as well and the 300 was for BD live .