Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby01 View Post

I'm having a problem Updating my player, it keeps failing with code 115.

Used the one uploaded yesterday via Rapidshare - no joy, and the one from the website - no joy...

Currently still on June firmware....

Matthew

Sometimes installing an earlier version of the software will fix it, try installing the april version then install the latest release. Also clear out the bd/hd flash.

Life is Good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Will do thanks Samsungmaster.

Matt
post #633 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM

Just an observation: Why in the world does the player have a network update option from the machine (which, I believe worked once for me in the past as I do have it connected) which does not work for updating anything?????? You still have to go download and burn the updates.

Just weird in my opinion.
post #634 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello252 View Post

Just an observation: Why in the world does the player have a network update option from the machine (which, I believe worked once for me in the past as I do have it connected) which does not work for updating anything?????? You still have to go download and burn the updates.

Just weird in my opinion.

it just takes a while for them to upload it to the network site so for those impatient you download to a thumbdrive and update manually.

Clueless In Pittsburgh, PA :)
JVC 56" D-ILA 1080p HDTV & Toshiba HD-XA1
Model - HD-56FH96 All Black
post #635 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

Did you try Shooter at 1080p/24 or just 60?

Also, thanks to those who re-upped the fw.

Mike T

l tried it at 1080p/24Hz. I just put it in again and it plays. My Denon AVR-4308 indicates 1080p/24Hz.
post #636 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustOne View Post

l tried it at 1080p/24Hz. I just put it in again and it plays. My Denon AVR-4308 indicates 1080p/24Hz.

Thanks Stardust, I'll be getting the disk back from my son on Sunday.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #637 of 2794 Old 01-09-2009, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby01 View Post

I'm having a problem Updating my player, it keeps failing with code 115.

Used the one uploaded yesterday via Rapidshare - no joy, and the one from the website - no joy...

Currently still on June firmware....

Matthew

I had the same problem a couple of times with one of my BH200s. I simply restored everything to factory defaults (there's an option for that in one of the setup menus), cleared the HD DVD and Blu-ray local memory, and then the firmware update went without a hitch.
post #638 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 12:45 AM

looks like still not on the firmware update server. Tried the network update last night and still no new firmware.

interesting the Readme for the first ZIP File update off LG Website for the USA and Canada update:

#.It was improvement of performance;
Compatibility issue with certain Java enabled Blu-ray movie discs.

#. Firmware Version : BH02081205A

#. Countermeasure
: Updating by using the newest firmware.
The update method is refer to the attatchment. (so this is the latest?)

the stupid thing is ALL the other download files are labeled (LG_BH_LV221BH.zip)
I figured it out the LATEST firmware comes up at the top (even though some of the lower older versions have FILES labeled - LG_BH_LV221BH.zip

Clueless In Pittsburgh, PA :)
JVC 56" D-ILA 1080p HDTV & Toshiba HD-XA1
Model - HD-56FH96 All Black
post #639 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post

The Planet Earth disc is a UK release. I have a signed letter form LG UK saying they will not provide any support or updates for the BH200.

I'm not sure how to get this fixed, all of the UK BBC/Take2 releases worked in the Janurary firmware only. I think it might be best for everyone experiencing the problem to contact one LG European Country that actively sold the BH200. Was thinking LG Beliguim might be the best bet, they sold quite a few BH200s and should speak quite a few languages.

While it was a UK release, HD DVD is entirely region free. Consequently, whether LG UK will support the BH200 is a moot point. The rest of the world should be able to play that title. Works fine in Toshiba players. And in the BH200 with January 2008 firmware.

What should matter is that many BH200 owners have been affected...and therefore whatever worked from the January 2008 firmware should be implemented in newer firmware versions.
post #640 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilblue View Post

While it was a UK release, HD DVD is entirely region free. Consequently, whether LG UK will support the BH200 is a moot point. The rest of the world should be able to play that title. Works fine in Toshiba players. And in the BH200 with January 2008 firmware.

What should matter is that many BH200 owners have been affected...and therefore whatever worked from the January 2008 firmware should be implemented in newer firmware versions.

The trouble is it seems LG Regional offices will only deal with discs sold within their region. I'm wondering how best to deal with this would USA customers compaining about this get anywhere?

These UK HDDVDs and Clerks2 are easily the most complained about BH200 HDDVD problem discs.
post #641 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 06:07 AM

To Schwa and Samsungmaster thanks for the help.

Got it sorted/updated.

Reverted back to April's f/ware, cleared Blu-ray storage & HD-DVD storage, and installed latest f/ware with no probs.

Thanks again

Matt
post #642 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

I tried SHOOTER again and the first load it stuck on a black screen with a frozen menu. It loaded the 2nd attempt. This is the same as the April firmware for me and still getting it with the December update and i'm watching it at 60hz.
post #643 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 670
I just loaded the new firmware. For some reason it wouldn't work on the first USB drive I used. So I used the one I had done the other updates with and it went fine with that USB drive.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #644 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 PM

so is this firmware a worthwhile change? I am still using the bd-r one so may not change anyway.

Does the new one seem a step in the right direction?

Is there going to be a major one coming soon?
post #645 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post

so is this firmware a worthwhile change? I am still using the bd-r one so may not change anyway.

Does the new one seem a step in the right direction?

Is there going to be a major one coming soon?

As many have been saying this really only fixes some issues with a select number of titles. If I were you and having no problems, I wouldn't upgrade. (I, too, still have the April firmware and until I see a problem (and confirmed here it is fixed), I'm not upgrading)

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #646 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 03:49 PM

anyone tried the new firmware on an european model ?
(Is is safe to update it ?)

I know it says US only, but so did the april firmware which worked on EU models.
post #647 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by abero View Post

anyone tried the new firmware on an european model ?
(Is is safe to update it ?)

I know it says US only, but so did the april firmware which worked on EU models.

Works fine on my Belguim unit. Apart from BBC/Take 2 UK titles (That have not worked since the Janurary update.)
post #648 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM

Liked: 23
I guess I'll have to stick with the April firmware, since the newest doesn't support BD-R or AVCHD playback.

It doesn't make sense that this working "feature" was removed by the last two updates. My guess is that LG didn't pay for the licencing to include BD-R / AVCHD playback. They never did advertise this feature -- it just worked. It seems that many standard DVD players show DVD-R compatibility but few advertise DVD+R compatibility -- even though +R discs work on most players I've used. I've always wondered if it all has to do with licencing, royalties and how the pie gets spilt up.

All I know is that with the April firmware I can play perfectly 1080i/p content Blu-ray discs I've burned to both Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray content burned to 4GB DVD discs.

I hope at some point the future firmwares will restore BD-R compatibility.

If you have any ideas Samgsungmaster about this, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks!

Ian
post #649 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Maybe someone with April and June/Dec FW can cross-check the eprom page on both to see if AVCHD support has been disabled by usng LG different hex codes?

It's a long shot but you never know.

My Home Theatre site + Blog

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.
post #650 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeger View Post

All I know is that with the April firmware I can play perfectly 1080i/p content Blu-ray discs I've burned to both Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray content burned to 4GB DVD discs.

You can burn to a DVD-R or DVD+R DL in HD DVD format and the unit will play it back with no issues.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #651 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 08:15 PM

nobody ever tought of doing hex editing
extracting bdr code from the firmware and apply it to the new one ?
post #652 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky99 View Post

nobody ever tought of doing hex editing
extracting bdr code from the firmware and apply it to the new one ?

Yeah that was along the lines of what I was thinking but dont have the skill set myself - I kinda was hoping it would be as easy as changing BD regions & adding PAL support?

My Home Theatre site + Blog

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.
post #653 of 2794 Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Yeah that was along the lines of what I was thinking but dont have the skill set myself - I kinda was hoping it would be as easy as changing BD regions & adding PAL support?

no hex edit is the only way
it's been a while since ive played with that
but i'll take a look
post #654 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

This is getting confusing, are the sound drop out issues with the june firmware. I hope not since this is the firmware that supports dolby true hd. I no longer have to hear pro logic, which has a muffleling sound to it, everything seams dead! Also someone said to view the display page of the player to see what the player is putting out, if this true then I'am receiving dts hd mastering from the player. I don't think this is correct, I belive what's being displayed is the disks audio, what is being heard is dts 6.1 matrix. Also back to the sound drop out issue, if I stop re-start or rewind the unit the sound comes back with no glitches. Ha LG been approached about this is there another firmware to fix this issue?
post #655 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeger View Post

I guess I'll have to stick with the April firmware... with the April firmware I can play perfectly 1080i/p content Blu-ray discs I've burned to both Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray content burned to 4GB DVD discs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

You can burn to a DVD-R or DVD+R DL in HD DVD format and the unit will play it back with no issues.

I've been making homebrew BDs (of HD TV shows) with the thought that I was future-proofing these discs (BD players will always be available) but your comment gives me great pause! If at some point my LG BH200 (and its April firmware) no longer plays a new BD disc, and I'm forced to upgrade the firmware, I lose the ability to play my homebrew discs from this machine (time to buy another BD player, taking care of course to get one that does BD-5/9).

OTOH if I archive instead to HD-DVD, then I have all of the following options:

1. Playback with LG BH200 w/current & future fw
2. Playback with my excellent Toshiba HD-XA2
3. Playback with my Toshiba HD-A20 (still in box! )
4. Re-master to BD someday from my HD DVD discs (if all else fails)

Only problem is it seems lots trickier to make HD-DVD-5/9 than BD-5/9, though I'll admit I haven't followed that too closely (tho I do own MF6+). Anyway thanks for the post; gives me something to think about.
post #656 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky99 View Post

no hex edit is the only way
it's been a while since ive played with that
but i'll take a look

Thanks Gretzky99. If you find a way that a hex edit can allow the continuation of BD-R playback with newer firmwares, that would be very sweet! Good luck with your investigation. Let's hope it works . . .

Thanks again!

Ian
post #657 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
As always, anyone with problem discs please let us know if the new firmware has fixed anything
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1080197
post #658 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post

I've been making homebrew BDs (of HD TV shows) with the thought that I was future-proofing these discs (BD players will always be available) but your comment gives me great pause! If at some point my LG BH200 (and its April firmware) no longer plays a new BD disc, and I'm forced to upgrade the firmware, I lose the ability to play my homebrew discs from this machine (time to buy another BD player, taking care of course to get one that does BD-5/9).

OTOH if I archive instead to HD-DVD, then I have all of the following options:

1. Playback with LG BH200 w/current & future fw
2. Playback with my excellent Toshiba HD-XA2
3. Playback with my Toshiba HD-A20 (still in box! )
4. Re-master to BD someday from my HD DVD discs (if all else fails)

Only problem is it seems lots trickier to make HD-DVD-5/9 than BD-5/9, though I'll admit I haven't followed that too closely (tho I do own MF6+). Anyway thanks for the post; gives me something to think about.

I do the same thing.

I use to record to hd-dvd, but now I strictly do BD. The reason for this is 3 fold. First, I can take the disk to my friends house and play on there BR players (I'm the only one wih HD-DVD that I know); Second, the sound quality. When making BR I can keep the 6 channels that were broadcast, when making HD-DVD it was always downgraded to 2 channel stereo; Third, the ease. I can make a BR disk in 3 steps that works 99% of the time. For HD-DVD it's 4 steps and works about 80% of the time.

Personally I don't have an issue with "restoring" the April firmware when needed. It doesn't take that long to load it. I keep the April firmware on most of the time and only "upgrade" when needed and then I restore the April version again when finished.
post #659 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Can someone point to to where I can get the new firmware? I thought I had it installed, yet it still says Driver 0702 ? SW says BH02081205A but still...can't play Shooter yet others can!
post #660 of 2794 Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shave View Post

I do the same thing.

I use to record to hd-dvd, but now I strictly do BD. The reason for this is 3 fold. First, I can take the disk to my friends house and play on there BR players (I'm the only one wih HD-DVD that I know); Second, the sound quality. When making BR I can keep the 6 channels that were broadcast, when making HD-DVD it was always downgraded to 2 channel stereo; Third, the ease. I can make a BR disk in 3 steps that works 99% of the time. For HD-DVD it's 4 steps and works about 80% of the time.

Personally I don't have an issue with "restoring" the April firmware when needed. It doesn't take that long to load it. I keep the April firmware on most of the time and only "upgrade" when needed and then I restore the April version again when finished.

Strange...my HD DVD's from TV recordings (on DVD-R) are 3 steps with original sound.

1) Capture program with TV Tuner Card
2) Edit commercials
3) Create HD DVD and burn (maintains 100% quality and original sound -- even 5.1)

Granted, I don't have a HD Camcorder, so I'm not sure what those steps would be. I'm still at the April firmware and have a PS3 that can handle the BD-R when/if I decide to go that route.

My Little Theater
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page