BH200 firmware watch... - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2794 Old 01-25-2009, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an older player with driver version 0701

I received the BH200 Dec update on a disc from LG in the mail. When I insert it, it says driver version 0701 and SW version BH 02081205A...Do you want to update Then I choose OK (instead of Cancel).

Then it says updating.

About 3 min later it stops...says update failed on the TV...and on the player says swfail 115

Anyone else have this problem? I've called LG today and they are suppsed to call back, but I haven't yet heard back.

Do I need to update the driver first...and how (unit is not connected to a network)? Is there an intermediate firmware update I need to install before updating to the 1205 version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2794 Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarrot View Post

I received the BH200 Dec update on a disc from LG in the mail. When I insert it, it says driver version 0701 and SW version BH 02081205A...Do you want to update Then I choose OK (instead of Cancel).

Then it says updating.

About 3 min later it stops...says update failed on the TV...and on the player says swfail 115

Anyone else have this problem? I've called LG today and they are suppsed to call back, but I haven't yet heard back.

Do I need to update the driver first...and how (unit is not connected to a network)? Is there an intermediate firmware update I need to install before updating to the 1205 version?

I don't believe that you need driver 0702 to update your fw to Dec. My machine has 0702, but I believe I left 0701 on my son's 200 and updated him to the new fw with no issues....but I don't remember for sure??? There's no "intermediate" fw needed, as I updated both players from Apr fw.

Hopefully, the failed update didn't "brick" your 200. If your player is still working properly, D/L the 0702 driver and the Dec fw from the link below and update your player via USB flash/thumb drive. Just scroll on the link page to find the files you need.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1009104

Once the driver is updated successfully, make sure to delete it from the flash drive, put the Dec fw on the flash and update your 200.

Note: Do not put either of these files in a folder on the flash drive, just copy them to the root of the drive. Also, to start the update, insert the flash drive then power up your 200. It will automatically detect it and ask you if you want to update. It will perform the update and shut down by itself. Again, you must update these files one at a time. If you don't want to update the driver, try this procedure with just the Dec fw. Let us know how this works out for you.....Good Luck! Btw, flash drive updates are very easy and very reliable.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #723 of 2794 Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

I don't believe that you need driver 0702 to update your fw to Dec. My machine has 0702, but I believe I left 0701 on my son's 200 and updated him to the new fw with no issues....but I don't remember for sure??? There's no "intermediate" fw needed, as I updated both players from Apr fw.

Hopefully, the failed update didn't "brick" your 200. If your player is still working properly, D/L the 0702 driver and the Dec fw from the link below and update your player via USB flash/thumb drive. Just scroll on the link page to find the files you need.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1009104

Once the driver is updated successfully, make sure to delete it from the flash drive, put the Dec fw on the flash and update your 200.

Note: Do not put either of these files in a folder on the flash drive, just copy them to the root of the drive. Also, to start the update, insert the flash drive then power up your 200. It will automatically detect it and ask you if you want to update. It will perform the update and shut down by itself. Again, you must update these files one at a time. If you don't want to update the driver, try this procedure with just the Dec fw. Let us know how this works out for you.....Good Luck! Btw, flash drive updates are very easy and very reliable.

Mike T

Unfortunately this player is 300 miles from me...with my daughter at school. I assume I could load the driver update on a flash card and she could use a USB flash card reader rather than a USB "thumb drive". I could put the firmware update on another card. Is that correct?

I still think there must be something wrong with the BH200 if it can't update from the cd LG sent to her. I also sent her the cd they sent to me also in case her cd was defective. It worked to update my BH200's firmware to the newest version, but didn't work on hers.

So far we haven't bricked the unit.
post #724 of 2794 Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately this player is 300 miles from me...with my daughter at school. I assume I could load the driver update on a flash card and she could use a USB flash card reader rather than a USB "thumb drive". I could put the firmware update on another card. Is that correct?

I still think there must be something wrong with the BH200 if it can't update from the cd LG sent to her. I also sent her the cd they sent to me also in case her cd was defective. It worked to update my BH200's firmware to the newest version, but didn't work on hers.

So far we haven't bricked the unit.

You need to roll back to an older software version, this will fix it most of the time. Install BH02080402F, then install BH02091205A.

Life is Good
post #725 of 2794 Old 01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

samsungmaster,

When do you think the "big firmware" update will be available? Assuming LG hasn't change their minds.
post #726 of 2794 Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras View Post

samsungmaster,

When do you think the "big firmware" update will be available? Assuming LG hasn't change their minds.

Now there's the $64K question!
post #727 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Samsungmaster, is LG going to fix the Clerks II HD-DVD issue? This problem is of long standing and has been widely reported here..
post #728 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubertrout View Post

Samsungmaster, is LG going to fix the Clerks II HD-DVD issue? This problem is of long standing and has been widely reported here..

We have tested this disc and see no problem. Are you having a problem with a U.K. release?

Life is Good
post #729 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Is Madagascar ever going to work and do I dare buy the new Madagascar 2 for my son in Blu-Ray?
post #730 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanandmark View Post

Is Madagascar ever going to work and do I dare buy the new Madagascar 2 for my son in Blu-Ray?

if its for your son better off getting it on dvd just to be safe besides i dont think any kids give a damn between blu ray and dvd as long as they get to watch the movie they are fine with that.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #731 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

I have the US version (2 copies) and neither work.

I see the video loop that plays behind the menu, but no menu options show up. As a result, I can't select anything, and I can't even start the movie (and this is what other people have reported as well).

I'm running both the latest main and drive firmwares.

My first copy didn't work, but I know some people have played it successfully, so I picked up another copy cheap on eBay. Unfortunately, it doesn't work either (so possibly there are 2 authorings of it, and I managed to get 2 copies of the same bad authoring).

They do however work fine in my Toshiba A2 and my Samsung BD-UP5000, so it's not like the discs are toast or anything...

Since I have 2 copies, I could mail one to someone at LG so they can fix it... Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

We have tested this disc and see no problem. Are you having a problem with a U.K. release?

post #732 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanandmark View Post

A firmware fix is being made for Madagascar.

Life is Good
post #733 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpat View Post

I have the US version (2 copies) and neither work.

I see the video loop that plays behind the menu, but no menu options show up. As a result, I can't select anything, and I can't even start the movie (and this is what other people have reported as well).

I'm running both the latest main and drive firmwares.

My first copy didn't work, but I know some people have played it successfully, so I picked up another copy cheap on eBay. Unfortunately, it doesn't work either (so possibly there are 2 authorings of it, and I managed to get 2 copies of the same bad authoring).

They do however work fine in my Toshiba A2 and my Samsung BD-UP5000, so it's not like the discs are toast or anything...

Since I have 2 copies, I could mail one to someone at LG so they can fix it... Let me know.

Sounds like a bad pressing. You can always call customer service if you would like to send the disc to LG to be evaulated.

Life is Good
post #734 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds like a bad pressing. You can always call customer service if you would like to send the disc to LG to be evaulated.

I believe GizmoDVD mentioned that there are two versions going around with the first one being the one that doesn't work or something like that.
post #735 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras View Post

I believe GizmoDVD mentioned that there are two versions going around with the first one being the one that doesn't work or something like that.

Clerks II?? Yes there apparently were 2 pressings, the first one as for as the BH 200 goes is a turd. I purchased a 2nd copy used that apparently had a different number and it works fine menu through movie including the extras disc.
post #736 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post

Clerks II?? Yes there apparently were 2 pressings, the first one as for as the BH 200 goes is a turd. I purchased a 2nd copy used that apparently had a different number and it works fine menu through movie including the extras disc.

Yes Clerks II if I'm not mistaken.
post #737 of 2794 Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:

A firmware fix is being made for Madagascar.

Awesome, my wife can't wait.

Anyone gotten a screening copy of Madagascar 2 yet? I imagine it's unlikely to have the same problem but would like to know before purchasing the disc if possible.

Thanks as always for the updates Samsungmaster

Latest Blu(s): Wall-E, The Dark Knight

Latest HD(s): Beerfest
post #738 of 2794 Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:

It is a bad pressing (I have one of these disks too), but it plays in my other two HD DVD players. Only my LG, from my own experience, cannot play it.
post #739 of 2794 Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
'Sane, didja get snowed in today?

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #740 of 2794 Old 01-28-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

'Sane, didja get snowed in today?

I'm an animal ! I braved the roads at 8am... pretty much had keystone to myself so I drove right down the middle!
post #741 of 2794 Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Maniac!

"But I didn't do it...!"
post #742 of 2794 Old 01-29-2009, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As the others have said, there seem to be 2 US versions floating around, one of which does not work on the BH200.

All I know is Clerks II is the only HD-DVD my BH200 has ever had problems with. I'd consider buying a new one, but since I'd essentially be guessing which pressing the second one is from, I'm loath to do this. And I wouldn't call the first version a bad pressing - it seems to work in all other HD-DVD players. If I send LG my nonworking copy, will they send it back?
post #743 of 2794 Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane View Post

I'm an animal ! I braved the roads at 8am... pretty much had keystone to myself so I drove right down the middle!

You guys scared of a little bit of snow??? LOL you guys made me chuckle thanks.....

Western Canada
post #744 of 2794 Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 AM

I'm using the BH200 since 1 year now (along with a 720p PJ & Yamaha SPDIF TosLink) and among all the testing I've made I came along the most stable and compatible setup (no dropout)with the following:

-April firmware

-Video HDMI 720p output from BH200

-SPDIF audio primary pass-thru for most HD/BD titles (will send the non-resampled DD/DTS core to my receiver)

-SPDIF DTS Re-code for some titles
->Early titles with TrueHD without multichannel DD core or DD5.1 separate soundtrack (otherwise it will play in PCM 2.0)
->Watch PiP extras

I tried every firmware since my OEM 119P with lots of differents options but every of them except April had some issues like top-right green line or audio-video dropouts.

So if DTS-HD or TrueHD internal decoding is not required for you (your receiver only have SPDIF or have HDMI with DTS-HD & TrueHD decoding) you might want to test April firmware.

Oh and stop hoping for BD-Live
post #745 of 2794 Old 01-30-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caanda45 View Post

You guys scared of a little bit of snow??? LOL you guys made me chuckle thanks.....

You have universal healthcare?!?!?? HA wuss
post #746 of 2794 Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel2167882 View Post

I
-April unofficial firmware

April was official, March, unofficial

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #747 of 2794 Old 01-30-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

April was official, March, unofficial

True!!! So yes i'm using official APRIL firmware
post #748 of 2794 Old 01-31-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:

Then it says updating.

My daughter came home for the weekend and I asked her to bring the BH200.

I updated the driver version to 0702 using the flash drive. No problems 1st attempt.

I tried all sorts of things with flash drive and the LG provided firmware update CD, including trying to flash firmware from Jan 08, Mar 08, Apr 08...and kept getting the same message..update is failed and SW fail 115.

Then I started to notice that the listed current firmware even after a failed update seemed to be the one I was trying to replace the previous one with. So I was testing that theory and tried one last time using the LG disc...and then it updated with the message that the update was successful, and at the end the disc ejected like it should and the unit turned off.

So I seem to have succeeded in updating it, but I'm not really sure why it finally worked like it should.
post #749 of 2794 Old 01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caanda45 View Post

It wasn't a little bit and I hate snow!

"But I didn't do it...!"
post #750 of 2794 Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My daughter came home for the weekend and I asked her to bring the BH200.

I updated the driver version to 0702 using the flash drive. No problems 1st attempt.

I tried all sorts of things with flash drive and the LG provided firmware update CD, including trying to flash firmware from Jan 08, Mar 08, Apr 08...and kept getting the same message..update is failed and SW fail 115.

Then I started to notice that the listed current firmware even after a failed update seemed to be the one I was trying to replace the previous one with. So I was testing that theory and tried one last time using the LG disc...and then it updated with the message that the update was successful, and at the end the disc ejected like it should and the unit turned off.

So I seem to have succeeded in updating it, but I'm not really sure why it finally worked like it should.

Don't know why you had so much trouble with the update, but glad to hear that you were successful. I'm sure your daughter feels that you are "da man".....

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page