Ground loop problems with HDMI in LG Units, and one else? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi everyone, here is the problem i mentioned it in the LG BH100 but no one replied.Another person has an Issue with his BH200 and HDMI which could also be a ground loop problem. his issue is here. LG BH200 Noise bars

Mine is different, i get squiggly lines up the screen which can be seen against edges in objects or text or the grid i use for doing my CRT PJ's convergance. Some times it is continuous other times its a pulsing action every few seconds.
I have done this since this problem came about and no new equipment was added since i had the LG for almost two years now. I went through each plug in my system and made sure the polarities are correct, cleaned all contacts well, and the step i thought would rid me of the ground loops for ever was to put an Isolation transformer in between my Main house panel box and the Home theaters sub panel box, so now all my equipment's grounds are isolated from the homes electrical power by the transformer and they are all on the same power grid so they have the same ground potential. I even added a ground fron the chasis to another piece of gear i kjnow to have a good ground. Even after all this the ground loop remains only when the LG's hdmi is connected to my system. I plan to open up the unit and see if the HDMI connector is grounded to the chasis and also add a three prong plug and ground the chasis since i think it is only grounded by the cabling connected to it(not the best way),

Si I ask other LG owners have any of you had or are having a ground loop problem? It also would give a loud hum to my speakers but this was lessened by the ground strap I added.

Problem of mine look similar to this video. Squigglie wave lines

Athanasios
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page