BH200 2.0 BD live update, need people to contact LG - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 454 Old 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No-one said that. I was probably the closest to saying anything like that, but even I just meant it as an eventual thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

supporting a product and enhancing a product are two different things. Where did anyone read that they were no longer support the product as it is today (I.e. Profile 1.1)?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 454 Old 10-09-2008, 05:54 PM

One thing is for sure: If we don't make ourselves heard, we are more likely to get no updates than if we speak up.
post #93 of 454 Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

So is the better deal to email that contact person someone posted the email from (or at least ask them WHO we can talk to who might be of help) or just email the regular front page with the lame customer service response?
post #94 of 454 Old 10-09-2008, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Samsungmaster's silence on this topic is more telling than anything, especially the nonresponse to stpat's direct question. Welcome to CE manufacturer status quo in the 21st century.
post #95 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 06:37 AM

It appears they've heard us a bit...

I just clicked on the BH200 press release link a few pages back, and it's now a broken link.

Looks like they've taken it down, possibly because we were using it to point out that they stated the BH200 would support BD-Live.
post #96 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
lol, I hope someone has it in their cache (or saved it to their machine) for future potential litigation.
post #97 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 AM

I have no idea if my emails are getting to anyone, but I keep emailing the customer service page, and the following:

hyerapark@lge.com
jtaylor@lge.com
clarachang@lge.com

The first one is from a supposed customer service rep, the second two were listed as contact names at the bottom of the now-removed press-release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM2006RI View Post

So is the better deal to email that contact person someone posted the email from (or at least ask them WHO we can talk to who might be of help) or just email the regular front page with the lame customer service response?

post #98 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

lol, I hope someone has it in their cache (or saved it to their machine) for future potential litigation.

I printed a copy out as this is only the first step to deny any assertion.

HD-DVD: 115 Blu: 6
Latest HD-DVD: All of them at Frys for under $10.

Latest BD: No incentive to pick up discs now that the format war is over. Netflix via xbox and mail is more that sufficient.
post #99 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 AM

I posted this in another thread in response to something Bradavon wrote, but I thought I'd copy it here since it pertains...

In case people are wondering why I care about profile 2.0 support so much:

=======

With HD-DVD, they put deleted scenes and trivial tracks etc as downloadable features.

Some people speculated that this was done because of capacity constraints, but I think it was also done to promote the web-connectivity aspect of HD-DVD.

If anyone here ever frequented the "Insiders Threads" on AVS while the format battle was in full force, they know there was a Microsoft VP (Amir) who posted regularly.

He said one of the biggest challenges was trying to get people to look past DVD, and the way they were trying to accomplish that was by offering an experience that extended past the physical disc... basically doing things DVD wasn't capable of.

One example was being able to offer extra audio commentaries after a disc's release. Given that the HD-DVD menus are dynamically generated with HDi, it would have been feasible for a studio to provide an audio commentary for download, months after a disc was released, and it would be automatically integrated into the main-menu audio selections as if it had always been there.

So, it's completely possible that the Blu camp will do the same using BD-Live. Yes, many of the "proper extras" will likely be on disc, but I can see them withholding a certain amount of content to leverage the whole BD-Live aspect.

As much as many people have no use for it presently, it could be an important strategic tool in the battle to overthrow DVD.

And, in case some good content comes along (which I'm sure it will), I'd really like my BH200 to be able to handle it...
post #100 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:00 AM

Google's cache has it, and I also have a copy saved locally...

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Could just be that the website is down?
post #101 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 AM

They just posted a firmware update for the BD300. Wonder if that means anything good for us?
post #102 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by volleybradt View Post

They just posted a firmware update for the BD300. Wonder if that means anything ggod for us?

The BD300 just came out today.
post #103 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:33 AM

http://us.lge.com/download/product/f...spec_sheet.pdf

The spec sheet is still up and states that the BH200 will have Blu-Ray Network Content Access.
post #104 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:

They just posted a firmware update for the BD300. Wonder if that means anything good for us?

Sorry, no BH200 update this week.

Life is Good
post #105 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:

The spec sheet is still up and states that the BH200 will have Blu-Ray Network Content Access.

Good find - hadn't seen that...
post #106 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 AM

Just sent this to LG:

"Since apparently LG is removing webpages that mention the BD 2.0 capabilities of the BH200 as opposed to addressing the issues associated with the player, here's another site that mentions the BDLive capabilities of the BH200. http://us.lge.com/download/product/f...spec_sheet.pdf

Please respond with regards to this e-mail."
post #107 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How long before that gets taken down as well...
post #108 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 09:49 AM

Samsungmaster,

It's been a long time!!!!!

Please tell us that they haven't given up on this player and the people that believe this could be the best player out there. Please give us a glimmer of hope before we give up on LG for life!!!!!!
post #109 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
With Toshiba just releasing a nice firmware update for all their HD-DVD players, 8 or 9 months after throwing in the towel no less, there's no reason NOT to expect, even demand that LG continue to provide updates for the BH200.

I would buy one of these if they release a FW that fixes all the current disc playback issues and adds BD Profile 2.0.

Cmon LG, show us you are a true player!

I Bet You Wish You Could! - Roger Wilco

Directions for updating your Onkyo xx5 receivers firmware. **Newly updated 7-22-2009**Re-uploaded 7-14-2013**

Something from damninteresting.com

post #110 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

This will be good stuff for Engadget and Gizmodo. How can we get them to post our complain? Bdraw maybe?
post #111 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM

What's Bdraw?

I like the Enadget/Gizmodo idea... hadn't thought of that.

Media attention on this would be excellent... If it's not a coincidence that the press release went away, then LG is trying to sweep this under the rug.

Plus, getting the media involved would be fun.

Anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras View Post

This will be good stuff for Engadget and Gizmodo. How can we get them to post our complain? Bdraw maybe?

post #112 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpat View Post

What's Bdraw?

I like the Enadget/Gizmodo idea... hadn't thought of that.

Media attention on this would be excellent... If it's not a coincidence that the press release went away, then LG is trying to sweep this under the rug.

Plus, getting the media involved would be fun.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bdraw is the user name of who I believe is one of the editors or reviewer at Engadget that posts here once in awhile.
post #113 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras View Post

Bdraw is the user name of who I believe is one of the editors or reviewer at Engadget that posts here once in awhile.

Sounds good to me.

Anyone here particularly good at writing convincing arguments?
post #114 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post

How long before that gets taken down as well...

It is down now. I saved a copy for this very reason. Unfortunately it is to large here. PM me if you would like a copy.

HD-DVD: 115 Blu: 6
Latest HD-DVD: All of them at Frys for under $10.

Latest BD: No incentive to pick up discs now that the format war is over. Netflix via xbox and mail is more that sufficient.
post #115 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:47 AM

This is awesome. They're on the run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB GAMER View Post

It is down now. I saved a copy for this very reason. Unfortunately it is to large here. PM me if you would like a copy.

post #116 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM

Citing the "death" of HD DVD as a reason to not update the BH200 is clearly a red herring. We're talking about BD playback. Besides, Toshiba just released another firmware update for their HD DVD only players.

Additionally, individuals stating that they have no use for BD-Live are somewhat short sighted. Increasing numbers of BD titles include BD-Live content, and over time, those features will evolve. We're all going to have our own interests of course. Point is, the BD-Live capability means that studios can start adding all sorts of extras. No one will like all of that content..but there's bound to be something of interest for every movie fan. As mentioned above, studios want to highlight the advantages of BD over DVD. BD-Live is likely to see quite an emphasis going forward.

Unless we're completely mistaken, the BH200 has all the pieces necessary to be a capable BD-Live player. Some/many of us purchased a BH200 with that knowledge. For me, it was a major reason we purchased the BH200 instead of the Sammy (not to mention LG appeared to be more responsive to customer concerns). The idea that a document could now be "out of date" is irrelevant. The BH200 was touted as BD-Live capable via future firmware when we/I purchased it.

I expect LG to update the BH200 for quite some time. That means I expect bug fixes for both HD DVD and BD playback. Given the BH200 is BD-Live capable, that also means I expect an update to BD-Live. LG should clearly take advantage of the hardware in their excellent player. From what I know of their track record, LG will come through. Time will tell whether LG squanders the opportunity of demonstrating they stand by their customers.
post #117 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilblue View Post

Citing the "death" of HD DVD as a reason to not update the BH200 is clearly a red herring.

Agreed. Plain and simple, they want to focus their attention on their latest and greatest money-maker and forget about the BH200, despite the fact that it has everything it needs to remain current.
post #118 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Well said.

I vote for you to be the one to write to Bdraw/Engadget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilblue View Post

Citing the "death" of HD DVD as a reason to not update the BH200 is clearly a red herring. We're talking about BD playback. Besides, Toshiba just released another firmware update for their HD DVD only players.

Additionally, individuals stating that they have no use for BD-Live are somewhat short sighted. Increasing numbers of BD titles include BD-Live content, and over time, those features will evolve. We're all going to have our own interests of course. Point is, the BD-Live capability means that studios can start adding all sorts of extras. No one will like all of that content..but there's bound to be something of interest for every movie fan. As mentioned above, studios want to highlight the advantages of BD over DVD. BD-Live is likely to see quite an emphasis going forward.

Unless we're completely mistaken, the BH200 has all the pieces necessary to be a capable BD-Live player. Some/many of us purchased a BH200 with that knowledge. For me, it was a major reason we purchased the BH200 instead of the Sammy (not to mention LG appeared to be more responsive to customer concerns). The idea that a document could now be "out of date" is irrelevant. The BH200 was touted as BD-Live capable via future firmware when we/I purchased it.

I expect LG to update the BH200 for quite some time. That means I expect bug fixes for both HD DVD and BD playback. Given the BH200 is BD-Live capable, that also means I expect an update to BD-Live. LG should clearly take advantage of the hardware in their excellent player. From what I know of their track record, LG will come through. Time will tell whether LG squanders the opportunity of demonstrating they stand by their customers.

post #119 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

Samsungmaster... Any chance for a update next week?
post #120 of 454 Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

Any BH200 updates soon?!! Possibly oh I don't know.....BD-Live?!!
Closed Thread Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page