LG BH200 Can't find update option in menu? Help?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just bought a new in the box BH200, set it up and connected to the internet, wired. Internet shows o.k. in menu via graphic. I followed the sticky thread in this forum to update via internet but when I go into the "other menu" I cannot find the update option, it does not show up. Am I missing something? I cannot find anything in the manual about software updating either. Ideas?

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8&page=1&pp=60 good times! www.illinoiscarry.org www.nra.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-08-2008, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New out of the box it probably has the Nov firmware, which doesn't have network update capability. You first need to update your firmware by either burning the fw file to a disk or preferably, to a flash drive and then updating your player. Then it will show in your menu.

The most current fw is June but I believe the update capability started with the April fw. Check the thread below for more help. Good luck!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1009104

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #3 of 7 Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yep, I figured I would try the USB flash and everything is good now. Thanks!

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8&page=1&pp=60 good times! www.illinoiscarry.org www.nra.org
post #4 of 7 Old 11-16-2008, 07:39 PM

I have the same problem with the update option not being there, but I cannot update thru USB or CD as well. I download the file to USB an insert into the player and it shows a USB symbol on the main menu, but nothing happens. It disappears after a couple of seconds and then remains at the main menu. I then put the files on a CD-R and inserted into the player and after it read the disc, DATA popped up in the top left corner and that was it. What am I doing wrong??
post #5 of 7 Old 11-16-2008, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoulayzie2 View Post

I have the same problem with the update option not being there, but I cannot update thru USB or CD as well. I download the file to USB an insert into the player and it shows a USB symbol on the main menu, but nothing happens. It disappears after a couple of seconds and then remains at the main menu. I then put the files on a CD-R and inserted into the player and after it read the disc, DATA popped up in the top left corner and that was it. What am I doing wrong??

I'm assuming you mean a USB flash drive? Did you make sure that the firmware file is the only file on the USB and in the root directory? If you did and it didn't work, try reformatting the USB (FAT32) put the file back on it and try again.

Edit: Just to be sure, did you unzip the downloaded file and put only the file, not the folder on the USB drive?

Mike T

post #6 of 7 Old 11-16-2008, 08:19 PM

Ok, I got it. Thanks for the help.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoulayzie2 View Post

Ok, I got it. Thanks for the help.

NP. Glad you got it working. If you connect to the internet, it will probably tell you that there is a newer driver(not to be confused with the firmware) and ask if you want to update. The driver is 0702, update if you want but IMO, not really necessary. AFAIK, it's supposed to correct a few disk issues.

Enjoy your 200.

Mike T

Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page