LG BH200 - Known Disc Issues - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1076 Old 01-02-2009, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone else tried the In The Shadow Of The Moon HDDVD?

Takes a long time to start and fails to read the disc about half the time on my June firmware BH200. I dont have this sort of issue with any other disks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1076 Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptychair View Post

They (Warner) are still doing it...Get Smart only has DD too! Go figure

Agreed; I feel your pain! Perhaps even more upsetting is the omission of TrueHD on Speed Racer. WTF?! I didn't buy that disk just because of the DD audio track. Sure, the movie was pretty lame, but it should have looked AND sounded glorious on Blu-ray. Suck it, Warner!

-C.
post #183 of 1076 Old 01-03-2009, 05:53 PM

Just picked up Serenity BD.

U control 'Digital Tour of Serenity' doesn't seem to work at all on my BH200.

also the PIP and Visual commentary only show some of times I activate them , but once one or the other is up it stays as expected.

also, 'Mr universe's compendium' works everytime.

can anyone confirm flaky U-control with serenity using latest f/w?
post #184 of 1076 Old 01-03-2009, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Don't yet have this title; isn't it also available in "red"? Good to see you finally scored a player.....and welcome to the "club".

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #185 of 1076 Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Don't yet have this title; isn't it also available in "red"? Good to see you finally scored a player.....and welcome to the "club".

Yes, it's definitely available in red. Picked it up used last week for about $8 bucks and it looks great. Figured I could save a few bucks over the Blu version. I love the series and I love this movie.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #186 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Watched GHOST tonight and while the film played fine, there was an issue with the Special Features. I'm still using the April firmware but when I tried to watch the documentaries, all I got was the dialogue and a black screen.
post #187 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

actually i double dipped for the more extensive extra features (and the video looks better imo, more brushed up, less sharp edges). I am a fan with a best buy gift card in hand. Disappointed the u control on this title is not working that well. I have not had this issue on other blu's.

actually I've had a BH200 for a while now , I picked one up as soon as the bitstreaming firmware 'leaked'. I have been passively searching for a second dual format to put in the other room for a good price. I have a large red collection.
post #188 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdewey View Post

Hancock is a major problem with this player; there was a long audio dropout (reproducible at the exact same place) in chapter 2 using TrueHD audio. I did not test other audio formats. This is with April firmware. I gave up and played it on my playstation 3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctoman View Post

I also had the same issue with complete audio dropout with Hancock. I also gave up and watched it with the PS3. I am running the March firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleybradt View Post

Same here getting a lot of dropouts again.... especially Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenlantz View Post

I watched THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE last night on Blu-ray on my BH200 and noticed that the audio would completely cut out whenever I paused the movie and restarted it by pressing play. Then if I paused it again and pressed play again, the audio returned. I could reproduce this problem multiple times last night.

I didn't notice any video dropouts, but there was definitely some difficulty with menu navigation-----when I accessed the Special Features, the various options were illegible. I could tell that there were a few features/options to choose from, but the choices seemed to be obscured by the menu's dark background.

Anyone else here had the same issue? (I realize this title was just released two days ago, so I imagine not many of you have had the chance to check out this particular BD yet.) Anyone else had problems with recent Fox titles on the BH200?

For the record, by BH200 is connected directly to my Panasonic 720p plasma via HDMI, and I have the 2-channel audio outs connected to a stereo receiver with headphones. (I haven't experienced this audio dropout problem with any other discs on my current setup, but then again, I've only had the BH200 for a few weeks.) I am running June firmware with the latest driver (0702).

Quote:
Originally Posted by a27ugusto View Post

My new copy of Point Break spins around forever and doesn't play. Has anyone also had issues with this title? Thanks

Updated OP with this info.
post #189 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustOne View Post

My US RV Blu-ray does not play. Barcode 043396155923.

The player is playing the blue please wait animation that looks like a gone crazy clock forever and the Display is stuck at chapter 2, time 00005.

I could select items in the menu and was able to see all the FBI warnings. I have the latest firmware.

Tried it again and I got a Disc Error message.

3rd try, ok menu and FBI warnings do play but the feature presentation does not. Player gets stuck, eject and stop does not work. Power off works.

Now when I insert the disc, I always get the Disc Error message and the disc ejects, the Menu was played back only twice. What is wrong with Blu-ray? The RV Blu-ray disc looks pristine, not a scratch nothing but it does not play in my player.

Oh well maybe I got a bad disc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmytheSaint View Post

I'd also like to confirm that the French HD-DVD of a Bridge to Terabithia does not allow selection or playback ater the menu. Also have no options of turning off subtitles on German HD-DVD of Serpico.
Touching the Void, UK HD-DVD, is also loosing video completely after opening warnings/logos, but will do more testing to confirm.
All current firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a27ugusto View Post

I can confirm that Point Break (BD) will not play on a BH200 with latest FW. The new disk played fine on my Panasonic bdp30. Other the occasional drop out, my BH200 has had no issues playing any new releases lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolo View Post

Doesn't play on mine either. It recognizes it as a blu-ray disk but that's as far as it gets. Did it used to play on earlier firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardisek View Post

Hi Everyone:
Long time lurker and BH200 owner with the June firmware and 702 driver. My copy of Point Break didn't want to play either but I found a way to get it to play-it's playing as I type this. Here's what I did:

Put the disc in and let it load wait until your screen goes black and then hit stop and wait for the disc to stop spinning. Then hit the play button. The disc will then load properly. There are a bunch of previews before the menu options appear. I did it twice just to make sure and it worked both times. Hope this is of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 View Post

I could not get traitor to play on my BH-200, but it played without a problem on my Up-5000. I'll try again today to see if my player is acting weird like yours.

Quote:

"Traitor doesn't work? Is this with the June firmware?"

Yes..I'm running the June update

Quote:

Tried traitor again...an now it plays without a problem.

Updated OP again...
post #190 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OP has had a makeover to make it easier to read. If anyone has any "problem" discs for either June or April firmware please let me know if there are issues in your player. I'd like to clean up the list even more and believe some of them are just user error.
post #191 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 PM

I had no issues with Hancock, although I have a old Yamaha receiver so I don't use the the TrueHD audio. I use whatever the BH200 will decode for me I guess. I have the latest Firmware.

Pat
post #192 of 1076 Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Watched Planet Terror BD (US) tonight, fun flick and Rose McGowan may just be the new heroine on the block. She has great "leg."

It played through without any major issues but there were some minor ones. A minor audio dropout going into the main menu on the beginning of the explosion that was repeatable. A minor audio dropout on the "Machete" trailer which was not repeatable.

On the "Machete" trailer the audio dropped when actor Jeff Fahey tells Machete to "get in" the car. "Get in" dropped out. Tried this 3 more times and it worked perfectly.

Another issue, if I hit "stop" and try to eject the disk, the 200 shuts down. It does this if I hit "disc menu" also......just goes to black screen and shuts down. This was repeatable 4 times in a row. This happened in 1080P with film mode on or off. I played the disk on my Sony 350 and it did not exhibit this, it went back and loaded the main menu as I'm sure it's supposed to do.

Aside from these issues, the movie played flawlessly. My 200 has April fw, possibly someone can try this disk with June fw. Thanks.

Mike T

post #193 of 1076 Old 01-05-2009, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In the Shadow of the Moon (HD-DVD UK Import) worked fine for me. It was a bit odd to see my receiver light up DTS-HD MSTR for a HD-DVD though.
post #194 of 1076 Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

Watched Planet Terror BD (US) tonight, fun flick and Rose McGowan may just be the new heroine on the block. She has great "leg."

It played through without any major issues but there were some minor ones. A minor audio dropout going into the main menu on the beginning of the explosion that was repeatable. A minor audio dropout on the "Machete" trailer which was not repeatable.

On the "Machete" trailer the audio dropped when actor Jeff Fahey tells Machete to "get in" the car. "Get in" dropped out. Tried this 3 more times and it worked perfectly.

Another issue, if I hit "stop" and try to eject the disk, the 200 shuts down. It does this if I hit "disc menu" also......just goes to black screen and shuts down. This was repeatable 4 times in a row. This happened in 1080P with film mode on or off. I played the disk on my Sony 350 and it did not exhibit this, it went back and loaded the main menu as I'm sure it's supposed to do.

Aside from these issues, the movie played flawlessly. My 200 has April fw, possibly someone can try this disk with June fw. Thanks.

Mike T

Watched it with June f/w the other day. I do not recall any dropouts. I usually notice those things.

I was watching with film mode on. I did not hit stop then eject. I usually go straight to eject.
post #195 of 1076 Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

@halfsane

I usually hit "stop" if/when I want to go to the menu again. But I just tried hitting eject only and it does the same thing. The 200's display freezes, the TV display goes black and the 200 shuts down.

For now, I will just use Title/Popup to re-access the menu. It may be an issue with fw before June??? I don't want to update to June now with a new fw update hopefully, (fingers crossed) coming shortly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike T

post #196 of 1076 Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone had any problems with Old School (Blu-ray) on this player? Eventually it plays but not without all kinds of extra effort. Starts with just sound, a black picture but pressing << to restart from the beginning fixes that. Then playing the extras it would never go back to the menu after the extra was done, it would just go to a green screen and the only way to get to the next extra was to power the machine off, back on and then choose the next extra.

The Samsung 5000 has no problems with this disk, but for some odd reason the picture actually looks better on the LG with this particular movie, and the sound is better on the LG too.

Maybe I just need to play it again on the Samsung, but that's the way I remember it right now.
post #197 of 1076 Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM

I some audio drop outs watching pineapple express.

not repeatable, june fw, film mode on, bitstreaming truehd to an onkyo 605
post #198 of 1076 Old 01-07-2009, 08:00 AM

Hi there. Just to confirm that the only extra I was able to watch on the Ghost bluray was the trailer!! I only get a black screen with sound for the other extras...and I really wanted to watch the Making of a Classic featurette...argh...
I'm running the April firmware cause it plays 99.9% fine for me! Very few non-repeatable half second dropouts. I'm mostly happy with my LG BH 200. My red and blu collection live in peace!

E
post #199 of 1076 Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New firmware has leaked...Once I install it, I will begin going over the problem discs that I own and see if they now work.
post #200 of 1076 Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

New firmware has leaked...Once I install it, I will begin going over the problem discs that I own and see if they now work.

very cool
post #201 of 1076 Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

See if you can let us know what's included as well.
post #202 of 1076 Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sweet, btw, Gizmo can you fix this line:

9.HD DVD: Underworld: Evolution, German - It is not possible to disable the Spanish subtitles.

German should be Spanish, obviously. Btw, the Polish Underworld:Evolution has no problems disabling subs.
post #203 of 1076 Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM

Here is another one I haven't seen.

Matrix 1, 2, and 3 HD DVDs : Cannot play any special features. I get a disc error when I select anything and the disc ejects. Other than the special features the discs all play fine. (IME works)

running June f/w, film mode on.

can anyone confirm?
post #204 of 1076 Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
December 5th Firmware Update:

HDDVD:
Planet Earth UK - Still Broken
Pans Labyrinth UK - Still Buggy
UFO Worldwide - Still Broken
Hotel Baylon UK - Still Broken
Robin Hood UK - Still Buggy

Seems pretty obvious that no changes were made to the HD-DVD/HDI side of things.

Bluray:
21 USA - Virtual Black Jack Game - FIXED!

The only Bluray bug I have in my collection and its fixed

I checked Matrix 1 from my Dutch 3 disc Matrix set and IME and commentaries work but other extras fail in exactly the same way, disc error and then spits the disc out. Please add Matrix Trilogy HDDVD extra to the bug list.
post #205 of 1076 Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane View Post

Here is another one I haven't seen.

Matrix 1, 2, and 3 HD DVDs : Cannot play any special features. I get a disc error when I select anything and the disc ejects. Other than the special features the discs all play fine. (IME works)

running June f/w, film mode on.

can anyone confirm?

I've got these movies, I'll give the special features a try tomorrow to see if I can confirm. I never had trouble playing the movies (and I don't generally watch a lot of special features) so I never noticed.

Latest Blu(s): Wall-E, The Dark Knight

Latest HD(s): Beerfest
post #206 of 1076 Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 PM

December 5 Firmware:

HD DVD:

Shooter is playing now
Island Fever 4: still Disc Error, not fixed
Bridge to Terabithia, French, not fixed
Ghost Rider, French, not fixed

US Blu-ray:

RV: can play the menu, navigate in the menu but movie still does not play.

Well for me, it was not worth waiting.
post #207 of 1076 Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustOne View Post

December 5 Firmware:

HD DVD:

Shooter is playing now
Island Fever 4: still Disc Error

US Blu-ray:

RV: can play the menu, navigate in the menu but movie still does not play.

Thanks for the report! It's great that Shooter is now working. Now I don't have to watch it before swap out my A30 with the BH200.
post #208 of 1076 Old 01-08-2009, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, the new fw fixed the problem I had with Planet Terror BD shutting down my 200 if I hit stop or eject. But I had Apr fw installed, so I'm not sure if this is just a carry over from the Jun fw.

I can't test my Shooter HD to see if it now works in 1080p/24 mode, as my son borrowed it a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'll get it over the weekend from him.

Mike T

post #209 of 1076 Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'll be double-checking some of the titles that are "fixed" this weekend. Sadly, I don't have a "bad" version of Clerks II as my copy works in all 3 of my players at my house.
post #210 of 1076 Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I'll be double-checking some of the titles that are "fixed" this weekend. Sadly, I don't have a "bad" version of Clerks II as my copy works in all 3 of my players at my house.

LOL- I don't understand how someone who bought a Region 1 player can expect it to work with all international non-region 1 disks- blu-ray or hd-dvd. I'd take it as a bonus if it does, not an expectation. How is a bad pressing of the Clerk's hd-dvd LGs fault to correct?

NE Ohio HT Nutt
Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page