Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1076 Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Last Updated OP: May 1st 2010

If you have an issue with a title please include the following: Title of Movie, Orgin of title (USA, UK, Germany etc) & your current Firmware. A Disc is not considered a LG BH200 Problem Disc until it's been confirmed by more than one user.

Problem Discs:
Firmware BHXXXXX - 2010-04-25: (Avatar fix Update)
Unless it says otherwise, titles have not been tested with other firmware! All are USA releases (both Blu-ray and HD DVD) unless otherwise noted.

*** FIXED in this Firmware *** (Titles that previously didn't work but now do)

*** Reported by Multiple People: *** (these also have problems on older firmware as well - the new update did not 'break' any previous fixes)
1 Blu-ray: For Your Eyes Only - Would not load at all. This title is an issue for numerous players. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
1. Blu-ray: Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2 USA - The menu will not load when the BH200 is set to 1080P24 (Film Mode On), in all other display modes it is fine. Some have reported waiting and pressing the Menu button a few times works and others have reported clearing the BD Flash memory also fixes this. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
2. Blu-ray: Madagascar- "Loading" appears, the screen then goes black. The menu does not appear. Playing in 720p mode seems to fix this. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
3. Blu-ray: You Don't Mess with the Zohan - Can't Bitstream audio and progress bar freezes. Can internally decode TrueHD and pass it through till it eventually plays. Numerous people are having issues with this title.
4. Blu-ray: Hancock (US and GERMAN) - Noticed a few small audio hiccups with internal TrueHD Decoding. Lots of people having issues with this title. See here. Numerous people are having issues with this title.
5. Blu-ray: X-Files: I want to Believe - Audio drops and menu navigation issues (words appear smooshed). Special Feature "timeline"has issues loading.
6. Blu-ray: Point Break - Does not load at all. Here is a temp. fix "Put the disc in and let it load wait until your screen goes black and then hit stop and wait for the disc to stop spinning. Then hit the play button. The disc will then load properly. There are a bunch of previews before the menu options appear. I did it twice just to make sure and it worked both times. Hope this is of help."
7. Blu-ray: Akira - Does not load at all.
8. Blu-ray: Midnight Meat Load - Does not play. FIX = Let the menu time out (You'll then have to fwd/skip through the trailers) before the menu is actually usable
1.HD DVD: Clerks 2 - The disc loads and the menu graphic appears but no menu. (Appears to be when the HD DVD was pressed. Launch copies work fine, later pressings do not. Very hit and miss) - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
2.HD DVD: Hotel Babylon: Series 1, UK - The Menu loads but is very difficult to navigate, meaning no content can be accessed. GizmoDVD - -Oddly enough, I had to keep the label side up for the HD DVD version (discs says the opposite - label side down but when doing so it clearly says "Region Issue" meaning it was trying to load the DVD). Loads to main menu but can't select anything...tried Enter and play and it still sits on the main menu. Same issue with all discs. Unplayable. Working with January. NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08) Firmware.
3.HD DVD: Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time - The TrueHD 5.1 outputs as 2 channel.
4.HD DVD: Planet Earth: Complete Series, UK - All discs show the menu background but no options and navigation is impossible. See here and here. All other Planet Earth Blu-ray or HD-DVD Discs seem fine. The issue only affects the UK HD-DVD and the March, April or June Firmware (November and January firmware is fine). - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
5.HD DVD: Shooter - The menu loads but navigation is impossible and pressing Play causes the time to read 00000 but it doesn't advance past this, see here and here. Two users have reported it works fine. HERE IS HOW TO PLAY: Shooter plays on the BH200 at 1080p/60 and locks up on the title menu at 1080p/24. So set your player to OFF on 1080p Film Mode under "Others" at the home screen. See here. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
6.HD DVD: Wyatt Earp - Extras don't work, an error occurs and the disc is ejected. It's unknown if the Blu-ray disc exhibits the same problems. NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
7.HD DVD: Robbie Williams: Live at the Albert, UK - The menu loads but gets stuck in an opening loop preventing the Main Feature or Extras from being accessible.
8.HD DVD: Robin Hood (2006), UK- The Menu loads but is very difficult to navigate, meaning no content can be accessed. Working with January Firmware. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
9.HD DVD: Underworld: Evolution, Spanish - It is not possible to disable the Spanish subtitles.
10. HD DVD: La Vie En Rose (La Môme), French - Original Pressings: The BH200 tries to read it for about a minute then the Player shuts down. Remastered Pressings: The BH200 now reads it fine, however menu navigation is still impossible meaning you cannot select anything except Play (Audio and Subtitles can be changed using the remote control). There is also a Blu-ray Disc, it's unknown if it works.
11.HD DVD: Enemy at the Gates (aka Stalingrad in France), French - The HD/BD lights flash trying to see which one it is, it's then spat out after 2 minutes. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
12.HD DVD: Ghost Rider, French - Loops on menu background but no menu access, movie playing is impossible - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
13.HD DVD: La Cité Interdite (aka Curse of the Golden Flower), French - Loops on menu background but no menu access, movie playing is impossible
14.HD DVD: Bridge to Terabithia, French - The menu only half appears making navigation impossible and because of this the movie cannot be played. Confirmed by several users. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
15. HD DVD: Digital Video Essentials HD Basics - NOT fixed with BHLV221BH (01/08/09)
16. HD DVD: Matrix, Matrix 2, Matrix 3 - Cannot play any special features. I get a disc error when I select anything and the disc ejects. Other than the special features the discs all play fine (IME works). Second Person: I checked Matrix 1 from my Dutch 3 disc Matrix set and IME and commentaries work but other extras fail in exactly the same way, disc error and then spits the disc out. A user (joeags) has been kind enough to go through both the Complete and Ultimate (Combo's) of the Trilogy and given us a list of how to get the Special Features to play. Easy way - Watch the movies first then go and try the Special Features. For his remarks Click Here

*** Reported by only ONE user: ***
1. Blu-ray: 21 - The disc works fine (including the film) except for the "Blackjack" game, the game tries to load but then just returns to the main menu. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
2. Blu-ray: The Brave One - The disc spins for about 3 minutes, it then ejects and displays a "disc error" message. See here. The UK HD-DVD works fine
3. Blu-ray: Freedom - The disc is recognized as a Blu-ray, but then I get a black screen and the disc just spins.
4. Blu-ray: RV - Issues Loading. Freezing at FBI Screen. See here. As of Firmware BHLV221BH (01/08/09) - Menu now loads, movie still won't play. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
5. Blu-ray: Traitor - Would not load. Eventually, after putting it in several times, the disc loaded fine.
6. Blu-ray: Serenity - U control 'Digital Tour of Serenity' doesn't seem to work at all. Also the PIP and Visual commentary only show some of times I activate them, but once one or the other is up it stays as expected. (Same for me - GizmoDVD) NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
7. Blu-ray: Mad Men Season One - Disc 1 Only. Tries to load and says "Disc Error". Claims the disc played fine before but now has issues.
8. Blu-ray: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) (GERMAN)- Issues playing some of the SD Special Features when set to 1080p 24fps. See Here
9. Blu-ray: Rightous Kill - Issues loading the disc. After a few attempts it eventually loaded.
10. Blu-ray: Mirrors - Slow startup. The first screen asks if you want the theatrical version or the unrated version. There is a mirror image "reflection" of the words under the selected option on this screen, and I assume it should be the same way on the main menu. However, the reflections are not there, so it is very hard to tell what option you are choosing.
11. Blu-ray: Space Chimps - Won't load.
12. Blu-ray: Baraka - Freezing at one hour mark. Both Audio and Video.
1.HD DVD: Babysitters (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again. The Blu-ray Disc works fine.
2.HD DVD: Debbie Does Dallas Again (Adult) - The pop-up menu cannot be disabled.
3.HD DVD: Die Fledermaus, UK/USA - The menu loops and navigation is impossible.
4.HD DVD: Les Gendarmes de Saint-Tropez, French - Discs 1-3: No menu appears & the playtime advances irregularly, the movies won't play. The Disc Four menu appears but doesn't work.
5.HD DVD: Intoxicated (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
6.HD DVD: Island Fever 4 (Adult) - The Disc cannot be read and an is ejected with a Disc Error. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
7.HD DVD: Jesse's Juice (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop, menu appears but pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
8.HD DVD: Pan's Labyrinth, UK - The Menu appears but cannot be navigated and no options can be started. It's not known if the UK Blu-ray Disc exhibits the same problems. Working with January Firmware. A workaround has been found for other firmware. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
9.HD DVD: Picture This from Mack Dawg Productions (Combo) - The menu doesn't load (meaning extras cannot be accessed), the pop-up menu causes it to freeze, the main feature plays fine but if you fast forward it freezes, you cannot then eject the disc and have to put the BH200 into standby to fix this.
10.HD DVD: Teagan: Sexual Freak 2 (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
11.HD DVD: Terminator 2: Judgement Day, German UE - The movie plays fine but the Interactive Web features don't work. Second User: The servers are still up, as I'm able to download "data" from the server on my A3. But in a different front, I am not able to view any of this data, as my screen is black. The player is playing something, but I can't see any of it. (PAL Special Features? - GizmoDVD)
12.HD DVD: UFO: Showtime, UK - The copyright text appears but then just a black screen, the menu will appear if the menu button is pressed but no options work. The disc then gets locked in player and requires a reboot. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
13.HD DVD: Resident Evil 1 - ill not play, probably due to the ICT (Image Constraint Token) flag used. However, there is a workaround: Insert disc, wait till disc loads and press chapter jump BEFORE menu is loaded completely. Timing is crucial.
14. HD DVD: Resident Evil 2 German - Will not play, probably due to the ICT (Image Constraint Token) flag used. However, there is a workaround: Insert disc, wait till disc loads and press chapter jump BEFORE menu is loaded completely. Timing is crucial.
15.HD DVD: Touching the Void - looses video completely after opening warnings/logos, but will do more testing to confirm.
16.HD DVD: In the Shadow of the Moon - Would only load sometimes.
17. HD DVD: Gridhouse: Death Proof - Issues with switching audio. More detailed info HERE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Problem Discs:
Firmware BH02080620A - 2010-06-20:
Unless it says otherwise, titles have not been tested with other firmware! All are USA releases (both Blu-ray and HD DVD) unless otherwise noted.

*** Reported by Multiple People: ***
1 Blu-ray: For Your Eyes Only - Would not load at all. This title is an issue for numerous players. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
1. Blu-ray: Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2 USA - The menu will not load when the BH200 is set to 1080P24 (Film Mode On), in all other display modes it is fine. Some have reported waiting and pressing the Menu button a few times works and others have reported clearing the BD Flash memory also fixes this. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
2. Blu-ray: Madagascar- "Loading" appears, the screen then goes black. The menu does not appear. Playing in 720p mode seems to fix this. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
3. Blu-ray: You Don't Mess with the Zohan - Can't Bitstream audio and progress bar freezes. Can internally decode TrueHD and pass it through till it eventually plays. Numerous people are having issues with this title.
4. Blu-ray: Hancock (US and GERMAN) - Noticed a few small audio hiccups with internal TrueHD Decoding. Lots of people having issues with this title. See here. Numerous people are having issues with this title.
5. Blu-ray: X-Files: I want to Believe - Audio drops and menu navigation issues (words appear smooshed). Special Feature "timeline"has issues loading.
6. Blu-ray: Point Break - Does not load at all. Here is a temp. fix "Put the disc in and let it load wait until your screen goes black and then hit stop and wait for the disc to stop spinning. Then hit the play button. The disc will then load properly. There are a bunch of previews before the menu options appear. I did it twice just to make sure and it worked both times. Hope this is of help."
7. Blu-ray: Akira - Does not load at all.
8. Blu-ray: Midnight Meat Load - Does not play. FIX = Let the menu time out (You'll then have to fwd/skip through the trailers) before the menu is actually usable
1.HD DVD: Clerks 2 - The disc loads and the menu graphic appears but no menu. (Appears to be when the HD DVD was pressed. Launch copies work fine, later pressings do not. Very hit and miss) - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
2.HD DVD: Hotel Babylon: Series 1, UK - The Menu loads but is very difficult to navigate, meaning no content can be accessed. GizmoDVD - -Oddly enough, I had to keep the label side up for the HD DVD version (discs says the opposite - label side down but when doing so it clearly says "Region Issue" meaning it was trying to load the DVD). Loads to main menu but can't select anything...tried Enter and play and it still sits on the main menu. Same issue with all discs. Unplayable. Working with January. NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08) Firmware.
3.HD DVD: Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time - The TrueHD 5.1 outputs as 2 channel.
4.HD DVD: Planet Earth: Complete Series, UK - All discs show the menu background but no options and navigation is impossible. See here and here. All other Planet Earth Blu-ray or HD-DVD Discs seem fine. The issue only affects the UK HD-DVD and the March, April or June Firmware (November and January firmware is fine). - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
5.HD DVD: Shooter - The menu loads but navigation is impossible and pressing Play causes the time to read 00000 but it doesn't advance past this, see here and here. Two users have reported it works fine. HERE IS HOW TO PLAY: Shooter plays on the BH200 at 1080p/60 and locks up on the title menu at 1080p/24. So set your player to OFF on 1080p Film Mode under "Others" at the home screen. See here. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
6.HD DVD: Wyatt Earp - Extras don't work, an error occurs and the disc is ejected. It's unknown if the Blu-ray disc exhibits the same problems. NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
7.HD DVD: Robbie Williams: Live at the Albert, UK - The menu loads but gets stuck in an opening loop preventing the Main Feature or Extras from being accessible.
8.HD DVD: Robin Hood (2006), UK- The Menu loads but is very difficult to navigate, meaning no content can be accessed. Working with January Firmware. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
9.HD DVD: Underworld: Evolution, Spanish - It is not possible to disable the Spanish subtitles.
10. HD DVD: La Vie En Rose (La Môme), French - Original Pressings: The BH200 tries to read it for about a minute then the Player shuts down. Remastered Pressings: The BH200 now reads it fine, however menu navigation is still impossible meaning you cannot select anything except Play (Audio and Subtitles can be changed using the remote control). There is also a Blu-ray Disc, it's unknown if it works.
11.HD DVD: Enemy at the Gates (aka Stalingrad in France), French - The HD/BD lights flash trying to see which one it is, it's then spat out after 2 minutes. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
12.HD DVD: Ghost Rider, French - Loops on menu background but no menu access, movie playing is impossible - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
13.HD DVD: La Cité Interdite (aka Curse of the Golden Flower), French - Loops on menu background but no menu access, movie playing is impossible
14.HD DVD: Bridge to Terabithia, French - The menu only half appears making navigation impossible and because of this the movie cannot be played. Confirmed by several users. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
15. HD DVD: Digital Video Essentials HD Basics - NOT fixed with BHLV221BH (01/08/09)
16. HD DVD: Matrix, Matrix 2, Matrix 3 - Cannot play any special features. I get a disc error when I select anything and the disc ejects. Other than the special features the discs all play fine (IME works). Second Person: I checked Matrix 1 from my Dutch 3 disc Matrix set and IME and commentaries work but other extras fail in exactly the same way, disc error and then spits the disc out. A user (joeags) has been kind enough to go through both the Complete and Ultimate (Combo's) of the Trilogy and given us a list of how to get the Special Features to play. Easy way - Watch the movies first then go and try the Special Features. For his remarks Click Here

1. Blu-ray: 21 - The disc works fine (including the film) except for the "Blackjack" game, the game tries to load but then just returns to the main menu. Fixed in Firmware BH02081205A (12/05/08)
2. Blu-ray: The Brave One - The disc spins for about 3 minutes, it then ejects and displays a "disc error" message. See here. The UK HD-DVD works fine
3. Blu-ray: Freedom - The disc is recognized as a Blu-ray, but then I get a black screen and the disc just spins.
4. Blu-ray: RV - Issues Loading. Freezing at FBI Screen. See here. As of Firmware BHLV221BH (01/08/09) - Menu now loads, movie still won't play. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
5. Blu-ray: Traitor - Would not load. Eventually, after putting it in several times, the disc loaded fine.
6. Blu-ray: Serenity - U control 'Digital Tour of Serenity' doesn't seem to work at all. Also the PIP and Visual commentary only show some of times I activate them, but once one or the other is up it stays as expected. (Same for me - GizmoDVD) NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
7. Blu-ray: Mad Men Season One - Disc 1 Only. Tries to load and says "Disc Error". Claims the disc played fine before but now has issues.
8. Blu-ray: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) (GERMAN)- Issues playing some of the SD Special Features when set to 1080p 24fps. See Here
9. Blu-ray: Rightous Kill - Issues loading the disc. After a few attempts it eventually loaded.
10. Blu-ray: Mirrors - Slow startup. The first screen asks if you want the theatrical version or the unrated version. There is a mirror image "reflection" of the words under the selected option on this screen, and I assume it should be the same way on the main menu. However, the reflections are not there, so it is very hard to tell what option you are choosing.
11. Blu-ray: Space Chimps - Won't load.
12. Blu-ray: Baraka - Freezing at one hour mark. Both Audio and Video.
1.HD DVD: Babysitters (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again. The Blu-ray Disc works fine.
2.HD DVD: Debbie Does Dallas Again (Adult) - The pop-up menu cannot be disabled.
3.HD DVD: Die Fledermaus, UK/USA - The menu loops and navigation is impossible.
4.HD DVD: Les Gendarmes de Saint-Tropez, French - Discs 1-3: No menu appears & the playtime advances irregularly, the movies won't play. The Disc Four menu appears but doesn't work.
5.HD DVD: Intoxicated (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
6.HD DVD: Island Fever 4 (Adult) - The Disc cannot be read and an is ejected with a Disc Error. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
7.HD DVD: Jesse's Juice (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop, menu appears but pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
8.HD DVD: Pan's Labyrinth, UK - The Menu appears but cannot be navigated and no options can be started. It's not known if the UK Blu-ray Disc exhibits the same problems. Working with January Firmware. A workaround has been found for other firmware. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
9.HD DVD: Picture This from Mack Dawg Productions (Combo) - The menu doesn't load (meaning extras cannot be accessed), the pop-up menu causes it to freeze, the main feature plays fine but if you fast forward it freezes, you cannot then eject the disc and have to put the BH200 into standby to fix this.
10.HD DVD: Teagan: Sexual Freak 2 (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
11.HD DVD: Terminator 2: Judgement Day, German UE - The movie plays fine but the Interactive Web features don't work. Second User: The servers are still up, as I'm able to download "data" from the server on my A3. But in a different front, I am not able to view any of this data, as my screen is black. The player is playing something, but I can't see any of it. (PAL Special Features? - GizmoDVD)
12.HD DVD: UFO: Showtime, UK - The copyright text appears but then just a black screen, the menu will appear if the menu button is pressed but no options work. The disc then gets locked in player and requires a reboot. - NOT fixed with BH02081205A (12/05/08)
13.HD DVD: Resident Evil 1 - ill not play, probably due to the ICT (Image Constraint Token) flag used. However, there is a workaround: Insert disc, wait till disc loads and press chapter jump BEFORE menu is loaded completely. Timing is crucial.
14. HD DVD: Resident Evil 2 German - Will not play, probably due to the ICT (Image Constraint Token) flag used. However, there is a workaround: Insert disc, wait till disc loads and press chapter jump BEFORE menu is loaded completely. Timing is crucial.
15.HD DVD: Touching the Void - looses video completely after opening warnings/logos, but will do more testing to confirm.
16.HD DVD: In the Shadow of the Moon - Would only load sometimes.
17. HD DVD: Gridhouse: Death Proof - Issues with switching audio. More detailed info HERE

Firmware BH02080402F - 2008-04-02:
Unless it says otherwise, titles have not been tested with other firmware!

*** Reported by more than one user: ***
1. Blu-ray: The Brave One - The disc spins for about 3 minutes, it then ejects and displays a "disc error" message.
2. Blu-ray: Ghost - "When I tried to watch the documentaries, all I got was the dialogue and a black screen." Apparently only the "Trailer" plays on Special Features.
2.HD DVD: Clerks 2 - The disc loads and the menu graphic appears but no menu. See here and here. Two users have reported it works fine.
3.HD DVD: Hotel Babylon: Series 1, UK - The Menu loads but is very difficult to navigate, meaning no content can be accessed. See here and here. Working with January Firmware, see here. A workaround has been found for other firmware.
4.HD DVD: Planet Earth: Complete Series, UK - All discs show the menu background but no options and navigation is impossible. See here, here and here.Working with January Firmware, see here and also working with the USA HD-DVD and April firmware, see here. The UK Blu-Ray Disc also works fine.

1. Blu-ray: Cloverfield - The movie plays fine but the Easter egg "Military Cast" has jerky video.
2. Blu-ray: Galapagos - The disc spins for about 3 minutes, it then ejects and displays a "disc error" message. See here. The USA HD-DVD works fine.
3. Blu-ray: This Christmas - Does not load. Works fine with June firmware.
4. Blu-ray: JFK - Can't toggle between Special Features.
1.HD DVD: Bridge to Terabithia, French - The menu only half appears making navigation impossible and because of this the movie cannot be played.
2.HD DVD: Enemy at the Gates (aka Stalingrad in France), French - The HD/BD lights flash trying to see which one it is, it's then spat out after 2 minutes, see here, here and here. It seems there was a Faulty Batch and a replacement disc should fix it.
3.HD DVD: Fearless, UK - The menu loads fine and works but you cannot see the text so it's hard to navigate. However the Scenes, Languages and Bonus menus don't work. You can change subtitles using the remote.
4.HD DVD: Die Fledermaus, UK/USA - The menu loops and navigation is impossible.
5.HD DVD: Les Gendarmes de Saint-Tropez, French - Discs 1-3: No menu appears & the playtime advances irregularly, the movies won't play. The Disc Four menu appears but doesn't work.
6.HD DVD: Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time - The TrueHD 5.1 outputs as 2 channel, see here.
7.HD DVD: Intoxicated (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
8.HD DVD: Jesse's Juice (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop, menu appears but pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
9.HD DVD: Katyn, Polish - While the trying to determine if it's a HD-DVD/BD/DVD, the disc is spat out saying "Check Disc" on the TV and "Disc Error" on the Players display. See here. This maybe a faulty disc as other (Non-LG BH200) Players also have problems with this disc.
10.HD DVD: Pan's Labyrinth, UK - The Menu appears but cannot be navigated and no options can be started. See here. It's not known if the UK Blu-ray Disc exhibits the same problems. Working with January Firmware.
11.HD DVD: Picture This from Mack Dawg Productions, (Combo) - The menu doesn't load (meaning extras cannot be accessed), the pop-up menu causes it to freeze, the main feature plays fine but if you fast forward it freezes, you cannot then eject the disc and have to put the LG BH200 into standby to fix this.
12.HD DVD: Robin Hood (2006), UK - The Menu loads but is very difficult to navigate, meaning no content can be accessed. See here. Working with January Firmware, see here. A workaround has been found for other firmware.
13.HD DVD: Shooter - The menu loads but navigation is impossible and pressing Play causes the time to read 00000 but it doesn't advance past this, see here. Working with January Firmware.
14.HD DVD: Superman Returns, (Non-Combo) - The movie plays fine but when trying to access the Special Features sub-menu a "Disc Error" occurs. See here and here. Working with June Firmware.
15.HD DVD: Teagan: Sexual Freak 2 (Adult), - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
16.HD DVD: Teagan's Juice (Adult) - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and menu won't appear, pressing Skip starts the loop over again.
17.HD DVD: Terminator 2: Judgement Day, German UE - The movie plays fine but the Interactive Web features don't work.
18.HD DVD: La Tigre e la Neve, Italian UK - Playback gets stuck in opening loop and after a minute of trying the disc, it is rejected.
19.HD DVD: UFO: Showtime - The copyright text appears but then just a black screen, the menu will appear if the menu button is pressed but no options work. The disc then gets locked in player and requires a reboot.
20.HD DVD: La Vie En Rose (La Môme), French - Original Pressings: The BH200 tries to read it for about a minute then the Player shuts down.
Remastered Pressings: The BH200 now reads it fine, however menu navigation is still impossible meaning you cannot select anything except Play (Audio and Subtitles can be changed using the remote control), see here, here, here and here. There is also a Blu-ray Disc, it's not known if this works.

Previous Firmwares:
Rather then keep the OP cluttered and since very few people are running the older firmwares anymore, I will no longer keep them updated. At this point most most users will have to update to either the April or June firmware to get some of the more Java-heavy titles to work. A link to the original (and now locked) thread is available:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1002769
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1076 Old 10-30-2008, 01:57 PM

"stollimaus" and myself do confirm the problems with the Robbie Williams HD-DVD (german "hifi-forum"), mine seems to be an english or american one, firmware of june, but the old driver (not 0702?)
post #3 of 1076 Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrabbit View Post

"stollimaus" and myself do confirm the problems with the Robbie Williams HD-DVD (german "hifi-forum"), mine seems to be an english or american one, firmware of june, but the old driver (not 0702?)

Ok, I'll move it over to the more the one user list later.
post #4 of 1076 Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM

Happy Feet HD DVD : I have tried 2 disks and cannot bitstream the TrueHD soundtrack.

This is an isolated issue disc/player combo for me.
post #5 of 1076 Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 PM

I had the same problems with Zohan BD as these posts in the old locked thread: 992 993 994 995 996

Latest firmware and driver. Can't bitstream audio and progress bar freezes on screen. Disk plays fine on other players
post #6 of 1076 Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 228
I figured out the problem with Shooter.

As I reported in the other thread, Shooter worked properly in two of my three BH200's. In the third, it would lock up at the title screen and the player would have to be rebooted. All three players have the latest firmware and latest driver.

Anyway, I just today realized that the third player was set to output 1080p/24. I didn't think about this earlier because I use the BH200's "auto" output resolution setting on all three of my BH200's; it's just that two of the three TV's they're connected to will only accept 1080p/60. The third set, a 58" Samsung, will accept 1080p/24, but it does 3:2 pulldown internally, so it's really no better than 1080p/60 anyway. Regardless, when I changed the third player to output 1080p/60 instead of 1080p/24, bam, Shooter would play.

Short version: Shooter plays on the BH200 at 1080p/60 and locks up on the title menu at 1080p/24.
post #7 of 1076 Old 10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

Previous Firmwares:
Rather then keep the OP cluttered and since very few people are running the older firmwares anymore, I will no longer keep them updated.

Far enough, that makes sense. Just update the June one.

I've pm'ed you about e-mailing through the original post to retain the formatting. Thanks for taking this on.
post #8 of 1076 Old 11-02-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Played Hancock last night...noticed a few audio hiccups (internal TrueHD decoding).
post #9 of 1076 Old 11-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

AC/DC No Bull few minor audio dropouts using the current fireware and driver.
post #10 of 1076 Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I'm pretty sure Hotel Babylon, Robin Hood, Pan's Labyrinth and German T2 were reported by more than one user.
post #11 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Hotel Babylon and T2 yes. I don't think Robin Hood and Pan's Labyrinth were.

I've e-mailed Gizmo a Word document containing the original thread's post, so he can double check against it. I've not really checked but I think parts of the new one maybe currently a bit wrong. I'll leave Gizmo to now handle it though.
post #12 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 AM

The UK HD DVD editions of Ocean's Eleven / Twelve / Thirteen only run at 1080p60 and not 1080p24 - I am sure I must have others too, but all other HD DVDs I have checked play at 24fps OK...
post #13 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

Just wanted to add that I was able to watch Clerks II HD DVD on my BH200. It's only the third movie I have tried in it. Sarah Marshall Blu-Ray and Army of Darkness HD DVD were the other two so far.

Thanks Richard

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
post #14 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws_kahuna View Post

Just wanted to add that I was able to watch Clerks II HD DVD on my BH200. It's only the third movie I have tried in it. Sarah Marshall Blu-Ray and Army of Darkness HD DVD were the other two so far.

you didn't have any menu problems with Clerks 2? Did you have to work through any issues to get it to play?

Thanks,
post #15 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane View Post

you didn't have any menu problems with Clerks 2? Did you have to work through any issues to get it to play?

Thanks,

I didn't on both my LGs. My Clerks II was purchased the day it came out on HD DVD so maybe that's why.
post #16 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks,

I had a buy a used copy of Clerks II to past the menus. The original copy I had was a no go. Was a $5 workaround.
post #17 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 PM

Minor problem with Bucket List Blu-ray, netflix rental. Only way to access menu was to skip to end of disk(copy warning). Otherwise the no on icon popped on. Latest firmware and driver.
post #18 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
I tried a Blockbuster rental a few months ago...had no such problems.
post #19 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Mine doesn't work. Hopefully they'll accidentally fix it when they fix other problems (although, I have to wonder if there will be any HD-DVD related fixes in the next firmware... likely not...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post

I had a buy a used copy of Clerks II to past the menus. The original copy I had was a no go. Was a $5 workaround.

post #20 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willits View Post

I had the same problems with Zohan BD as these posts in the old locked thread: 992 993 994 995 996

Latest firmware and driver. Can't bitstream audio and progress bar freezes on screen. Disk plays fine on other players

Added. More than one person now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

I figured out the problem with Shooter.

As I reported in the other thread, Shooter worked properly in two of my three BH200's. In the third, it would lock up at the title screen and the player would have to be rebooted. All three players have the latest firmware and latest driver.

Anyway, I just today realized that the third player was set to output 1080p/24. I didn't think about this earlier because I use the BH200's "auto" output resolution setting on all three of my BH200's; it's just that two of the three TV's they're connected to will only accept 1080p/60. The third set, a 58" Samsung, will accept 1080p/24, but it does 3:2 pulldown internally, so it's really no better than 1080p/60 anyway. Regardless, when I changed the third player to output 1080p/60 instead of 1080p/24, bam, Shooter would play.

Short version: Shooter plays on the BH200 at 1080p/60 and locks up on the title menu at 1080p/24.

You are 100% correct. I did this and both my LG 200 players that wouldn't play it now do! Wonder if this will fix Madagascar as well.. (off to try that now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post

I'm pretty sure Hotel Babylon, Robin Hood, Pan's Labyrinth and German T2 were reported by more than one user.

Hotel is correctly in the "more than one user" area. I have yet to see anyone with issues on Robin Hood, Pans or German T2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post

The UK HD DVD editions of Ocean's Eleven / Twelve / Thirteen only run at 1080p60 and not 1080p24 - I am sure I must have others too, but all other HD DVDs I have checked play at 24fps OK...

What firmware are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb s. View Post

Minor problem with Bucket List Blu-ray, netflix rental. Only way to access menu was to skip to end of disk(copy warning). Otherwise the no on icon popped on. Latest firmware and driver.

Had no such issue when I rented it on the June firmware. Anyone else?

Updated OP.
post #21 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

AC/DC No Bull few minor audio dropouts using the current fireware and driver.

Is this bitsreaming or PCM?

And BD or HD (not sure if its available on both formats)
post #22 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

No luck on Madagascar using the 1080p/60 trick that worked with the HD DVD Shooter. It appeared to get through the ***Loading*** screen quicker but not its on a black screen doing nothing.
post #23 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is this bitsreaming or PCM?

And BD or HD (not sure if its available on both formats)

BD/PCM. Just available on BD. Was just released a few weeks ago.
post #24 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BD/PCM. Just available on BD. Was just released a few weeks ago.

Gotcha. Not familiar with music on BD/HD that much.
post #25 of 1076 Old 11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks,

No issues at all, it played exactly the way it does in my HD DVD players.

Thanks Richard

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
post #26 of 1076 Old 11-04-2008, 05:01 PM

Rented 'Hell Ride' today and the player recognizes it as a BD disc then ejects it and reads 'Disc Error'

I guess I will try another copy.
post #27 of 1076 Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM

My T2 German Steelbook HD DVD plays fine except for the web updates (June firmware). They don't work at all, the screen just sits there and the progress bar doesn't move. I know the server is still up as I can run them fine on my Onkyo DV-HD805. For what it's worth, the web updates will not run on my HD-A3 with 4.0 firmware, either.
post #28 of 1076 Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Rented 'Hell Ride' today and the player recognizes it as a BD disc then ejects it and reads 'Disc Error'

I guess I will try another copy.

Mine worked fine a few weeks ago when I watched it.
post #29 of 1076 Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willits View Post

Add another person there... same issue for the progress bar that freeze on-screen once you used your PAUSE, FFW or RW button and at the title end, it does not come back to main menu, it remain on a black screen.

Bitstream over SPDIF worked fine here thus, but obviously in 2-ch only because it's TrueHD but DTS Re-code worked fine for 5.1 in SPDIF.

I also experienced random small audio drops sometimes over different title an old HD-DVD, Dukes of Hazzard, using bitstream DD+ 5.1 soundtrack over SPDIF and I'm pretty sure it was not the laser layer switch because doing RW and replay it did'nt make it. I think the 06/21 firmware has introducted some audio dropout actually because the april and prior ones did'nt makes any ones.
post #30 of 1076 Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:

Mine worked fine a few weeks ago when I watched it.

good to hear! I have a replacement on the way from netflix.
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page