LG BH200 $75 BD-Live compensation (rebate) info here - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just called, about three minutes ago. Got through to the dept, lady took my info, took the player's model and serial and said I'd be getting the rebate in the mail in about 2 weeks. Really easy. Didn't have to send in the receipt or anything..

DM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

i just called LG just a min ago and they said my player doesnt qualify for the rebate cause it was purchased off of ebay. didnt even give me a chance to give the serial # and receipt to verify that it was a purchase

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #93 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

i just called LG just a min ago and they said my player doesnt qualify for the rebate cause it was purchased off of ebay. didnt even give me a chance to give the serial # and receipt to verify that it was a purchase

You might want to just call again and see if you can get a different customer service rep. Perhaps you got someone that wasn't familiar with the process.

On the other hand, it's possible that they've added new eligibility requirements.
post #94 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertF View Post

You might want to just call again and see if you can get a different customer service rep. Perhaps you got someone that wasn't familiar with the process.

On the other hand, it's possible that they've added new eligibility requirements.

i told the b!tch that she can atleast look up the serial # to verrify that i have it and she said theres been to many from ebay that have been declined. couldnt even test mine out 1st to see if it would qualify

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #95 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i told the b!tch that she can atleast look up the serial # to verrify that i have it and she said theres been to many from ebay that have been declined. couldnt even test mine out 1st to see if it would qualify

I don't think I was asked where I bought my BH200 when I requested the rebate about two weeks ago. But I did need to fax in my Best Buy receipt.

There have also been many non-working BH200s sold on eBay in the last couple of months. I wonder if the buyers of those might be requesting the rebate. That might also explain why the non-working players were selling for $60 and more.
post #96 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Madness View Post

I live in the U.S. but I bought this player last year in Canada during their boxing day sales... So am I eligible for the rebate? I emailed LG service with no reply in about 4 weeks.

I was told that most of the emails that went to that email address listed in here never went anywhere, that is just the main customer service email and probably got deleted or misdirected when sent in. Calling was, and is, the best solution to get the rebate. Another issue is the Canadian aspect, I haven't read if the units purchased in Canada qualify. I know the two parts of the company are ran separately.

Quote:

It is entirely possible that they could have changed the stipulations, I do not blame them for doing so. Keep in mind, it is completely voluntary and they could cancel it tomorrow for everyone if they wanted to. Ebay is not an authorized e-tailer for LG, so kudos to LG. As a stock holder in LGE, that makes me even more proud to invest in the company.

Also, about the attitude: Remember the old saying, "You catch more flies with honey.........."

831 Blu-ray Discs
70 HD DVD Discs
796 DVD's

post #97 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzz#836 View Post

I was told that most of the emails that went to that email address listed in here never went anywhere, that is just the main customer service email and probably got deleted or misdirected when sent in. Calling was, and is, the best solution to get the rebate. Another issue is the Canadian aspect, I haven't read if the units purchased in Canada qualify. I know the two parts of the company are ran separately.

It is entirely possible that they could have changed the stipulations, I do not blame them for doing so. Keep in mind, it is completely voluntary and they could cancel it tomorrow for everyone if they wanted to. Ebay is not an authorized e-tailer for LG, so kudos to LG. As a stock holder in LGE, that makes me even more proud to invest in the company.

Also, about the attitude: Remember the old saying, "You catch more flies with honey.........."

i spent $650 on the player off of ebay im just as good as any other buyer to receive the rebate i have the receipt and everything. she didnt even bother asking for the serial #. and i got an attitude cause im pissed that she wouldnt accept mine but others on here have gotten it off of ebay and they got the rebate.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #98 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 02:09 PM

As an update I received my check 9 days after the phone call. Factor in the call was made by me in the evening (after 7pm EST) and the New Year's Holiday and it made it here really fast.

I am almost tempted to check my local Best buy to see if they have any more left (I am sure they don't).

Thanks again to the AVS forum for the reccomendation and the rebate info!

Video games and movies.....I love 'em!!!
post #99 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i spent $650 on the player off of ebay im just as good as any other buyer to receive the rebate i have the receipt and everything. she didnt even bother asking for the serial #. and i got an attitude cause im pissed that she wouldnt accept mine but others on here have gotten it off of ebay and they got the rebate.

Was your player new or used? Maybe they're starting to get hung up on that question. Or maybe it's an authorized reseller question, as lovebuzz#836 wrote.

In any case, I would just try calling again to see if you could get another CSR. There are definitely differences in the CSRs. For example, several have gotten a guy that did not even request a copy of the receipt.

Good Luck!
post #100 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Was your player new or used? Maybe they're starting to get hung up on that question. Or maybe it's an authorized reseller question, as lovebuzz#836 wrote.

In any case, I would just try calling again to see if you could get another CSR. There are definitely differences in the CSRs. For example, several have gotten a guy that did not even request a copy of the receipt.

Good Luck!

mine was brand new in box

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #101 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

mine was brand new in box

You definitely need to call again and hopefully get another CSR. LG has been extremely lenient issuing these rebates, ie; people buying one for $100 bucks and still getting $75 back from LG. You should certainly be able to get yours.

As mentioned by another poster, I'm sure that the reason why broken 200s have been selling suspiciously high on EBAY, is because some people are taking advantage of the rebate. Maybe LG is getting wise to this???

IMO, in your case it's definitely worth pursuing it further. Good luck!

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #102 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

You definitely need to call again and hopefully get another CSR. LG has been extremely lenient issuing these rebates, ie; people buying one for $100 bucks and still getting $75 back from LG. You should certainly be able to get yours.

As mentioned by another poster, I'm sure that the reason why broken 200s have been selling suspiciously high on EBAY, is because some people are taking advantage of the rebate. Maybe LG is getting wise to this???

IMO, in your case it's definitely worth pursuing it further. Good luck!

Mike T

yah i gave them another shot but the BD live department is closed for the rest of the day so have to call them again tomorrow. also the guy that ansered the phone already had me on record that i got it off of ebay cause thats what i told the 1st person earlier today so thats kinda not good cause if he transfers me to the BD live department and another represenative helps me out they already know i got it off of ebay.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #103 of 226 Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

yah i gave them another shot but the BD live department is closed for the rest of the day so have to call them again tomorrow. also the guy that ansered the phone already had me on record that i got it off of ebay cause thats what i told the 1st person earlier today so thats kinda not good cause if he transfers me to the BD live department and another represenative helps me out they already know i got it off of ebay.

Well be sure to mention that your unit was brand new in box and that you paid $650 for it. That might help out.
post #104 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:

I haven't seen any overseas reports but at least one Canadian owner received the rebate. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make the request.

I guess maybe not, this is the reply i got.

Dear Jaidev,

Unfortunately this rebate will only apply within the United States. The sales receipt for any rebate is a requirement.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience.
Virginia Q.
E-mail Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI
post #105 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

i called again just now for the rebate and got a different represenative. and she accepted it i didnt even have to fax over the receipt that i printed. and i should receive the check within 10 days

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #106 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i called again just now for the rebate and got a different represenative. and she accepted it i didnt even have to fax over the receipt that i printed. and i should receive the check within 10 days

That's great news! Thanks for the update.
post #107 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Im from Australia and bought my bh200 from an ebay seller brand new in the Usa, ive applied for the refund, what have i got to loose.
post #108 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by everunman View Post

Im from Australia and bought my bh200 from an ebay seller brand new in the Usa, ive applied for the refund, what have i got to loose.

I Got a mate living in the US to buy my 2 for me from Circuit City and bring them over to me, thankfully I got him to keep the receipt and I got him to apply for the rebate - hopefully it'll come thru soon.

My Home Theatre site + Blog

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.
post #109 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabz View Post

Has anybody overseas successfully claimed this? I have imported one from US to NZ

Quote:

I haven't seen any overseas reports but at least one Canadian owner received the rebate. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make the request.

The Canadian owner used a US mailing address and phone number, so your best bet is to have access to those to receive the rebate.

Now the one down side is that the labor warranty is 90 days in the US and 1 year in Canada (not sure about the rest of the world), so if you do claim that $75, you may not have the full warranty claim within Canada. No promises either way...
post #110 of 226 Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good news! Glad you got it squared away.

Mike T

post #111 of 226 Old 01-10-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeags View Post

The Canadian owner used a US mailing address and phone number, so your best bet is to have access to those to receive the rebate.

Now the one down side is that the labor warranty is 90 days in the US and 1 year in Canada (not sure about the rest of the world), so if you do claim that $75, you may not have the full warranty claim within Canada. No promises either way...

When I did the rebate my unit was out of warranty. People who do not live in the US and try to claim a rebate need a US address and phone number and the first time they claim the rebate a US receipt.. It also seems that the LG`s North American data base for serial numbers between Canada and the US are one and the same or to put it another way as long as you have not registered your unit with either the US or Canada sites previously, they can`t tell by serial number whether you bought your unit in Canada or the US. After that the bill requirement is not needed at least I have found that out in my experiences with LG USA.

Western Canada
post #112 of 226 Old 01-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't think I was asked where I bought my BH200 when I requested the rebate about two weeks ago. But I did need to fax in my Best Buy receipt.

There have also been many non-working BH200s sold on eBay in the last couple of months. I wonder if the buyers of those might be requesting the rebate. That might also explain why the non-working players were selling for $60 and more.

It's that "sold_broken" guy that's doing it:

http://myworld.ebay.com/sold_broken/

He's, no doubt, making LG a little nervous as you can buy one of his BH200s for as little as $17.98, turn around and request a $75 rebate for a $50 profit and then sell it on ebay as broken and get your original $17.98 back(or more). Sounds like a lot of work for $50 right? You'd be surprised how many guys do it.

DM
post #113 of 226 Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Man5 View Post

It's that "sold_broken" guy that's doing it:

http://myworld.ebay.com/sold_broken/

He's, no doubt, making LG a little nervous as you can buy one of his BH200s for as little as $17.98, turn around and request a $75 rebate for a $50 profit and then sell it on ebay as broken and get your original $17.98 back(or more). Sounds like a lot of work for $50 right? You'd be surprised how many guys do it.

DM

I bought one of those for $45 just to get the remote as one of the ones I have (5) is missing the remote and they are $70. I may send it in for repair and see what they give me on a charge.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #114 of 226 Old 01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post

I bought one of those for $45 just to get the remote as one of the ones I have (5) is missing the remote and they are $70. I may send it in for repair and see what they give me on a charge.

LG generally charges a flat labor fee of $69 if the unit is still under the 1 yr parts warranty but the labor warranty has run out.

I would guess your charge would be $69 plus the cost of parts? I've noticed that many of the "Sold Broken" units either don't power on, or get stuck on the "please wait" message. I know that the "please wait" is a mainboard issue, could be fairly expensive.

Mike T

post #115 of 226 Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

LG generally charges a flat labor fee of $69 if the unit is still under the 1 yr parts warranty but the labor warranty has run out.

I would guess your charge would be $69 plus the cost of parts? I've noticed that many of the "Sold Broken" units either don't power on, or get stuck on the "please wait" message. I know that the "please wait" is a mainboard issue, could be fairly expensive.

Mike T

Well, I do have receipts around here for the other players. I could roll the dice and get this one fixed under warranty, but that would leve me with at least one unit out of warranty already.

I am just not unethical, so I may not do anything (my broken unit stops at please wait, so if the consensus is a mainboard, maybe it's not worth the trouble to find out).

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #116 of 226 Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 AM

Greetings fellow BH200 Owners,

My question is two fold:

1.) If you apply for rebate via email do they send you a confirmation/rejection email? Or do you just play the waiting game for your rebate to come through the mail?

2.) My BH200 player won't read any discs and I'm sending it back to LG. Any idea how long this takes? (I'm still under the 90 day/1 YR warranty) Or how much money?

Thank you all for any information given.
post #117 of 226 Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post

Greetings fellow BH200 Owners,

My question is two fold:

1.) If you apply for rebate via email do they send you a confirmation/rejection email? Or do you just play the waiting game for your rebate to come through the mail?

2.) My BH200 player won't read any discs and I'm sending it back to LG. Any idea how long this takes? (I'm still under the 90 day/1 YR warranty) Or how much money?

Thank you all for any information given.

As for the repair, generally no more than 2 or 3 buisness days.

Life is Good
post #118 of 226 Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
OK. It's two weeks later and all I get from LG is a CD with Dec 08 firmware; no money. I call twice today, get two different reps and they both point me to a generic phone number, which in turn, points to a generic website. They're saying they don't handle rebates at the number I called, which is the same everyone else has called.

I'll take some pics of the receipt and e-mail it in with name and address to customer service, instead.

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #119 of 226 Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

OK. It's two weeks later and all I get from LG is a CD with Dec 08 firmware; no money. I call twice today, get two different reps and they both point me to a generic phone number, which in turn, points to a generic website. They're saying they don't handle rebates at the number I called, which is the same everyone else has called.

I'll take some pics of the receipt and e-mail it in with name and address to customer service, instead.

After calling that number, did you follow the exact same number selection process as posted on the first page of the thread?

FWIW, I submitted my rebate request on 12/22 and it took exactly two weeks for the check to show up. I had read so many reports of the check showing up in a single week that I started to wonder if there was a processing problem. So it might just be that your check will show up in the next few days.

Good luck!
post #120 of 226 Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

At least they told you that you were going to get a check. I was told last Monday that someone in the BD-Live rebate department would call me within 14 days...haven't heard a thing......
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page