LG BH200 $75 BD-Live compensation (rebate) info here - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 226 Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Seems this topic has no specific home and so it has become irritating when it gets mentioned in "someone else's" thread... so to keep peace on the forum and to help other U.S. BH200 owners who are just now becoming aware that there is a $75 compensation/rebate from LG and are desperately looking for more info on how to 'get theirs'... see below.

"In order to receive your $75 check, please submit your name, address, daytime phone number, serial number and a copy of your sales receipt to:
customerservice@lge.com ATTN: BH200 Rebate or fax to 256-775-8668"

So far the process appears to be quite painless and takes about 2 weeks to receive a check in the mail. Lets' try to be good now and keep all the questions, info, bragging, etc about the $75 rebate check out of the other threads... you can put all that stuff here.

"For deep bass, the listener is not really listening to the speaker, but rather, is listening to the room as it is being played by the speaker."
Juicy
Doggie Jabber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 226 Old 11-26-2008, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Thanks for this post. This is buried in several other threads that I discovered by accident. You may have many people some $$$ at Christmas time.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #3 of 226 Old 11-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

This was posted by GizmoDVD also:

"$75 REBATE INFORMATION

Call 1 (800) 243-0000

For the lazy, the numbers you would press to get to the proper party would be 1, 1, 3, 4 (switch the first 1 with a 2 if you speak Spanish). When you hit 4, and the person answers, just say you are calling in regards to the "BD-Live Update Rebate Program". They knew exactly what I was talking about and sent me over to the person in control of the rebate.

The very nice lady took my information. I also told her what titles I was having issues with (For Your Eyes Only, Madagascar, Kill Bill 1/2, Shooter HD DVD). Not only did they tell me I would get two, $75 checks (since I own 2 BH 200's), but that they would send me a firmware update disc when the new one comes out. Couldn't have been happier, honestly. Figured like most CSR's I'd have to explain to them what was going on, but she knew everything already. Good job, LG! Get my 2.0 and I'll sell my S550.

Make sure you have your Serial #'s handy (located on the back of your player) and your receipts (or atleast know where you bought them from - they will need you to fax them your receipts at a later time)."
post #4 of 226 Old 11-26-2008, 08:35 AM

Liked: 10
Good Thread.

I just called and started the process. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks it will be complete. Seems easy enough.
post #5 of 226 Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 AM

Just an FYI, to any of you who bought this machine new, but not from a typical box store (like say, from ebay), I'm hear to testify that LG will give the rebate to you as well. All I did was fax a note explaining that I did not have the receipt, that I purchased it new (and for how much) and I also faxed them the shipping label from the side of the box. (Which usually has the store it was sent to on it.)

Got my check today! Looks like as long as they don't have the serial number on file as belonging to someone else, you're good to go.
post #6 of 226 Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360_4_EVER! View Post

...Got my check today! Looks like as long as they don't have the serial number on file as belonging to someone else, you're good to go.

All in all, it seems to me like LG has really been a good sport about this BDLive thing. I personally didn't care much about having that feature to begin with and from many of the posts I've seen lately it would appear a few others seem to agree. I have the feature now on both my Samsung 1500 and the Sony 350 and pretty much have it disabled as I regard it as a PITA without much benefit... so its like LG decided to give me $75 for the heck of it. I just hope they don't take it as a sign they can now completely wash their hands of all other support issues with the BH200.

"For deep bass, the listener is not really listening to the speaker, but rather, is listening to the room as it is being played by the speaker."
Juicy
Doggie Jabber
post #7 of 226 Old 11-27-2008, 05:49 AM

If you've followed some of the other threads, it sounds like LG is busy working on an update or two now. I've got no problems with LG, they made a good product, and my experience shows that they're being generous with the rebate. If they give us a nice update after all that, they're the cream of the crop in my book.
post #8 of 226 Old 11-28-2008, 10:41 PM

I just bought a used bh200 off eBay, from a used electronics seller, do you think I can get the rebate as well?
post #9 of 226 Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogyver View Post

I just bought a used bh200 off eBay, from a used electronics seller, do you think I can get the rebate as well?

Not sure but I would give it a try. Nothing to lose but a bit of your time. I think it may also depend on whose hands the unit has passed through and if someone has already submitted that unit's serial number to LG for the $75 rebate.

Give a shot, though! All they can say is no.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #10 of 226 Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwstr View Post

This was posted by GizmoDVD also:

"$75 REBATE INFORMATION

Call 1 (800) 243-0000

For the lazy, the numbers you would press to get to the proper party would be 1, 1, 3, 4 (switch the first 1 with a 2 if you speak Spanish). When you hit 4, and the person answers, just say you are calling in regards to the "BD-Live Update Rebate Program". They knew exactly what I was talking about and sent me over to the person in control of the rebate.

The very nice lady took my information. I also told her what titles I was having issues with (For Your Eyes Only, Madagascar, Kill Bill 1/2, Shooter HD DVD). Not only did they tell me I would get two, $75 checks (since I own 2 BH 200's), but that they would send me a firmware update disc when the new one comes out. Couldn't have been happier, honestly. Figured like most CSR's I'd have to explain to them what was going on, but she knew everything already. Good job, LG! Get my 2.0 and I'll sell my S550.

Make sure you have your Serial #'s handy (located on the back of your player) and your receipts (or atleast know where you bought them from - they will need you to fax them your receipts at a later time)."

This worked great!!! I registered my BH200 online and waited a week before calling. They are sending me the $75 check without me sending, or emailing my receipt. I had my receipt, they did not ask for it.

CJ
post #11 of 226 Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
i only got 1 check for 4 units on the same reciept, granted....they were only $24 a peice...so i can't complain
post #12 of 226 Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0 View Post

i only got 1 check for 4 units on the same reciept, granted....they were only $24 a peice...so i can't complain

You paid 24$ for an LG BH200? How? I am looking for one because of the muiltzone blu-ray hack.
post #13 of 226 Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganB View Post

You paid 24$ for an LG BH200? How? I am looking for one because of the muiltzone blu-ray hack.

The Mesquite Best Buy location had one open box for $280 as a week ago...likely gone now, though.
post #14 of 226 Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Got my 2 $75 checks today. Very fast turn around.
post #15 of 226 Old 12-03-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Got my 2nd $75 rebate check today. Turn around time was about a week since I called it in.

(Super-fast service, but then again, there are probably very few (most of us from this AVS Forum) requesting this rebate.)
post #16 of 226 Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks...almost forgot about this rebate thing.
post #17 of 226 Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I called mine in about 3 weeks ago, but still haven't received checks for my two units. I elected to send an email yesterday with receipt scans. I guess some of us just have to be patient.
post #18 of 226 Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot View Post

Got my 2nd $75 rebate check today. Turn around time was about a week since I called it in.

(Super-fast service, but then again, there are probably very few (most of us from this AVS Forum) requesting this rebate.)

Same here... It only took a week--no receipt necessary. I need to cash mine. Then, I can call back in complaining about the 4:3 upscaling bug, etc.
post #19 of 226 Old 12-04-2008, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Got my check after about 2 weeks from sending the email, not bad at all. I still really like the player, and while it sucks a promised feature won't be seeing the light of day, $75 is a pretty good amount.

Of course LG is getting it right back since I picked up a Bluray/HD-DVD combo drive for a HTPC in a Black Friday sale.
post #20 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 05:32 AM

I swear HD can be like an addiction. I was in Best Buy yesterday and saw one of these machines (open box, but virtually unused) marked for $179. I was able to talk the salesperson down to $159, and knowing there was that $75 rebate out there for the taking, I decided to get it.

Got a serious eye-roll from my wife when I got home...
post #21 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I swear HD can be like an addiction. I was in Best Buy yesterday and saw one of these machines (open box, but virtually unused) marked for $179. I was able to talk the salesperson down to $159, and knowing there was that $75 rebate out there for the taking, I decided to get it.

Got a serious eye-roll from my wife when I got home...

Wow! That was a great deal!

But, since it was an open box unit, there may be some risk that the $75 rebate has already been claimed by the previous owner. I haven't seen any reports of this yet but LG might be limiting the rebates to one per serial number. If they didn't do this, they could end up shelling out $75 every time one of these units changed hands.

If you wouldn't want the unit without the $75 refund, I would apply for it immediately. That would give you a chance to return the unit within the 30 day returns window in the event LG rejects your request.

But, personally, $159 is such a great deal that I would keep the unit even without the $75 rebate. And you could probably sell the unit for much more than that.
post #22 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 AM

the rebate is it good for Canadian too ??
post #23 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertF View Post

Wow! That was a great deal!

But, since it was an open box unit, there may be some risk that the $75 rebate has already been claimed by the previous owner. I haven't seen any reports of this yet but LG might be limiting the rebates to one per serial number. If they didn't do this, they could end up shelling out $75 every time one of these units changed hands.

If you wouldn't want the unit without the $75 refund, I would apply for it immediately. That would give you a chance to return the unit within the 30 day returns window in the event LG rejects your request.

But, personally, $159 is such a great deal that I would keep the unit even without the $75 rebate. And you could probably sell the unit for much more than that.

Very doubtful an open box has already been "claimed". At best, the rebate has been used by a hundred people. Gonna hit up a few BBs tonight and try and snag an extra LG 200. I figure if they have them clearance for $249 new, I might be able to ge tthe Open Boxed one for $180 or so.
post #24 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Very doubtful an open box has already been "claimed".

Yeah, I knew it was a good deal, regardless. I also knew I was going to get an eyeroll when I got home. So far, my HD path has been: xbox HD player (that I sold for $100) a Toshiba A2 and Toshiba A35 (that I sold for a good price on ebay--$175, I think) a Samsung UP5K and now two BH200s. And all of that in a little over a year. (Darn format war!)

This BH200 replaced the A2 on a third TV. The other is hooked up to a projection system in a playroom, and the UP5K to a LCD projector in our media room. All of them get use, it is just if you look at all the purchases, it seems kinda crazy. I think my wife's comment was "don't tell me you have another disk player in that bag".

I applied for the rebate already, BTW, and no problem. The check should be on the way. I was fairly certain about it, because the saleslady said it was an open box but not a return. (Demo model?) That same BB had a good share of UP5Ks still hanging around too, but this was the last BH200. Strangely, the open box UP5K they were trying to sell for like $223. Not sure what they wanted for the boxed ones.
post #25 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, I knew it was a good deal, regardless. I also knew I was going to get an eyeroll when I got home. So far, my HD path has been: xbox HD player (that I sold for $100) a Toshiba A2 and Toshiba A35 (that I sold for a good price on ebay--$175, I think) a Samsung UP5K and now two BH200s. And all of that in a little over a year. (Darn format war!)

This BH200 replaced the A2 on a third TV. The other is hooked up to a projection system in a playroom, and the UP5K to a LCD projector in our media room. All of them get use, it is just if you look at all the purchases, it seems kinda crazy. I think my wife's comment was "don't tell me you have another disk player in that bag".

I applied for the rebate already, BTW, and no problem. The check should be on the way. I was fairly certain about it, because the saleslady said it was an open box but not a return. (Demo model?) That same BB had a good share of UP5Ks still hanging around too, but this was the last BH200. Strangely, the open box UP5K they were trying to sell for like $223. Not sure what they wanted for the boxed ones.

Most are Demo's. I know two BBs that have Demo units...gonna either try and talk them down or have my GF go in with a low cut shirt and talk 'em down.
post #26 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:

or have my GF go in with a low cut shirt and talk 'em down.

That made me
post #27 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Finally got my 3 serial numbers together to call Nice lady took my info, no receipt required, read my the canned speech, and said I'll get my checks in 15 days.
post #28 of 226 Old 12-05-2008, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Have any of you wondered where LG came up with the $75 compensation, I have? I'm just curious as to how they arrived at that value with respect to the "inconvenience" of not getting BD-Live.

Btw, the last 200 that I bought from BB for $169 was an open box beauty with the plastic still on the front and everything, including the cleaning cloth in the box. Since August, I've purchased 3 200s and now when I go to BB, I have to fight the urge to look for any more 200 deals. Actually, I've sold one to a neighbor and gave one to my son, so it's not too bad.

But if I came home with another player, I know my wife would throw both me and the player out the window.

She just doesn't understand the "thrill of the hunt."

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #29 of 226 Old 12-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

The Mesquite Best Buy location had one open box for $280 as a week ago...likely gone now, though.

Thanks for the tip. Went there today and they still had it. However, it doesnt have a remote and without it that price is too high IMHO. They wouldnt come off the price.
post #30 of 226 Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 AM

To all for posting the LG offer info...called and have mine coming!

Ted

141" of High Definition - 67" + 42" + 32" !!!
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page