LG BH200 where to buy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, i am from Germany. Where can i buy a LG BH200 in the US (or somwhere else) for a good Price?
Thanks for informations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I got mine from this ebayer, they ship worldwide but the price has gone up alot since i bought mine, was a good transaction though.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LG-BH200-Blu-...3286.m63.l1177
post #3 of 15 Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everunman View Post

I got mine from this ebayer, they ship worldwide but the price has gone up alot since i bought mine, was a good transaction though.

That's almost full price almost year ago!
post #4 of 15 Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaycurse View Post

Ebay prices are usually high for all hi-def stuff.

It's obvious many people don't look elsewhere when they shop. I can't figure any other reason why prices are so high.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by everunman View Post

Cheaper than this Sammy!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-UP5...2495133&sr=8-1

Sharp Elite Pro 60

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 Receiver

Pioneer Elite  BDP-62FD BluRay

post #6 of 15 Old 01-20-2009, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBRSteve View Post

Cheaper than this Sammy!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-UP5...2495133&sr=8-1

One would hope that is a typo!! If not, that is a big markup!!!!

The Mod Squad: New vs. Classic TV Series Opening https://vimeo.com/63119329
post #7 of 15 Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaycurse View Post

Unfortunately alot of Us companies wont ship overseas thus we are stuck with ebay or pushing our luck with friends/relatives that live in the Usa
post #8 of 15 Old 01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
In my opinion the issue is that the funds are not commonly guaranteed for international sales. I would sell a BH200s but I ask for Western Union Money Transfers so I get cash and the payment is good. People don't reply after that as either they were trying to rip me off or don't trust me to ship the unit. I've had this policy with international sales as I have lost over $1,000 in eBay sales from international buyers.
post #9 of 15 Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
consumerdepot.com often has new, open box or demo units for a reasonable price. I bought a demo from there for less than $200 and it works fine. Also was able to get the $75 rebate.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Unfortunately this won't help for those who live outside the U.S., but I was able to pick up two players locally within the last week. First one was a Best Buy display model for $199 (not a scratch on it, but also no remote or manual). Second one was a brand new model from Circuit City for $289. I filed for the $75 rebate on both without issues so far. Considering how late to the party I am, I think I did OK. It looks like CC is still a good bet for finding a new model. If you are outside the U.S., I would recommend waiting for more units to show up at consumerdepot, or check out eBay. Many sellers there are willing to ship worldwide.

Your search will be rewarded. I am very impressed with this player. Just as an example of the extra mile that LG went to in this design, I use the HDMI connection for the projector and the component video connection for a TV. When the projector is off, the player senses that HDMI is not being used and will output the picture on component automatically. Also, the analog audio connections are active always, unlike the Toshiba HD-XA2 I was previously using.

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!
post #11 of 15 Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 AM

The problem is the sellers on eBay are selling the unit at MSRP circa CES 2008. (yeah, last year's CES). Seems like people who pick up the good deals are actually using them rather than hawking them - which I guess is a good thing in some way?
post #12 of 15 Old 01-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Okay, tell me if this is a good deal? With all I heard on this forum about people finding open boxes at BB, I decide today to see if I could find one. After 2 stores and no luck, at the third one I decided to snoop around. I went into the Magnolia room and dug around through all the cabinets and half way through the room.... lo and behold, a BH200 sitting in an empty cabinet not connected to anything. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting for help and finding the power cable and remote, the salesman says that they sale for $299.99 but since it's an open box how about $250. I say how about $200? And well, for $199.99, I've got another BH200. Another salesman then steps in and says, oh, the player has problems with DVDs. I get it home and yes it has problems because it still had the original firmware. Updated everything and all is well. So, after LG rebate, I'm looking at $125. I now believe in deals to be found, even at BB.
post #13 of 15 Old 01-25-2009, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by escopa View Post

Okay, tell me if this is a good deal? With all I heard on this forum about people finding open boxes at BB, I decide today to see if I could find one. After 2 stores and no luck, at the third one I decided to snoop around. I went into the Magnolia room and dug around through all the cabinets and half way through the room.... lo and behold, a BH200 sitting in an empty cabinet not connected to anything. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting for help and finding the power cable and remote, the salesman says that they sale for $299.99 but since it's an open box how about $250. I say how about $200? And well, for $199.99, I've got another BH200. Another salesman then steps in and says, oh, the player has problems with DVDs. I get it home and yes it has problems because it still had the original firmware. Updated everything and all is well. So, after LG rebate, I'm looking at $125. I now believe in deals to be found, even at BB.

Yep, if you look hard enough, good deals can be found......even at BB. I have gotten numerous sweet deals from BB over the last 6-7 months. You got a pretty nice deal @ $125 with the remote and power cord. It's possible that you may have been able to get them to come down even further if you referenced it's problem with DVDs, but you did fine......good job!

For $125, not bad for a 1.1 player that can play 3 formats, look pretty sexy(for a machine) and have the same Qdeo video processor that Pioneer chose to put in their $2200 Elite BDP-09FD player.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #14 of 15 Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greguva View Post

consumerdepot.com often has new, open box or demo units for a reasonable price. I bought a demo from there for less than $200 and it works fine. Also was able to get the $75 rebate.

consumerdepot.com has this Player but they shipping not international . Is there no Shop like consumerdepot.com they shipping to Germany?

PS: Thanks for the many answers and help!
post #15 of 15 Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Be a little cautious with Consumer Depot. I did a previous transaction with them, years ago, with no problems, but when I ordered a second BH200, which they had on their site listed as "new" under condition (I see they now are listing "like new"), for $367 a few weeks back, I received a unit with no power cord, no remote, no manual and a big scratch across the back. (Ironically, they did send me component and composite cables, which I had no need for.) I have emailed them 12 times in 16 days and received only one, totally unhelpful response ("what you need" is the entire text of the email). I've emailed both through the site and in response to the email they sent me. I don't know if the unit they sent even works since I don't have the power cable and I would never have agreed to pay $367 for what they sent me (obviously used and missing important accessories). I actually turned down a unit in better shape (missing all the same stuff, but not physically damaged) at my local Best Buy for $199 quite a while back, so this was not what I was expecting.
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page