BH200 HDMI issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi all... just wondering if anyone else has found this issue... i have a BH200 connected to a Denon 4308 via HDMI. I set the BH200 to "pass-through" the audio to the receiver. This works OK with all the BD and HD dvds i've tried so far... no matter what the audio is on the BD or HD dvd. (i updated the firmware in December)

however, with standard def DVDs and regular audio CDs the audio either is non-existent, or periodically drops. Also, on one Blu-Ray, (Weeds Season 1) the special featurettes also play without the audio. (those features seem to be recorded in analog 2 ch. audio.

so... how does one fix this? (can it be fixed?) I've figured out one possible workaround, but it is very in-elegant. What i did was that in addition to the HDMI connection, I connected the component video and digitial audio outs of the BH200 to the Denon, and assigned a source to those outputs, and renamed the input to standard dvd, then i also connected the 2ch audio output to the CD input on the receiver. Now, i just need to pick a source matching the CD in the player, and it seems to work... of course i now have 4 sets of cables hooked up to the back of the BH200 and the 4308, when one should be able to handle it. Also, this doesnt solve the problem of the BD disc that has analog audio on some of the chapters...

so, what are your thoughts? am i screwed? am i stuck with a player that isnt 100%

thanks...

peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-21-2009, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkovics View Post

am i screwed? am i stuck with a player that isnt 100%

No player out there is 100% perfect. You will have better chance ask this in BH200 owner's thread.
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page