Video Corruption Denon 4310CI vs Sim2 C3X vs Samsung Monitor vs LG BH100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-25-2009, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I turn on my BH100, the video to my C3X and Samsung widescreen rackmount monitor goes haywire looks like a vertical roll - basically black with some occasional waving horizontal stuff.

BUT, when, for example, I switch to my HD DirecTV Sat (HDMI), there's NO problem !?!? Picture on both monitors looks fine.

Here's the hookup: HDMI from BH100 to Denon, HDMI from Denon monitor 1 to C3X. HDMI from Denon monitor 2 to Samsung rackmount with DVI>HDMI adapter.

The Denon lets me turn off the monitor2 output to the Samsung. When I do so the corruption to the C3X clears and picture from the BH100 is fine. Likewise, if I turn off monitor1 to the C3X, the picture clears on the Samsung.

Ergo, the problem appears when the Denon is set to output on both monitor1 and monitor2 simultaneously.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 100
HDCP is not allowing the receiver to output to both monitor outs possibly. See what happens if you change the resolution out from the BH 100 to 1080i not 1080p.

Athanasios
post #3 of 5 Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

HDCP is not allowing the receiver to output to both monitor outs possibly. See what happens if you change the resolution out from the BH 100 to 1080i not 1080p.

Athanasios

Thanks for the thoughts.

Item: Regarding HDCP, possible, but I doubt it. The problem I report does not occur when the source selected on the Denon is my DirecTV HD DVR/Receiver. According to DirecTV's documentation, this receiver is HDCP compliant!

Item: My Sim2 tops out at 720P. I did set the BH100 to 720P to match but to no effect.

Thanks for contributing.

R.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricle View Post

Thanks for the thoughts.

Item: Regarding HDCP, possible, but I doubt it. The problem I report does not occur when the source selected on the Denon is my DirecTV HD DVR/Receiver. According to DirecTV's documentation, this receiver is HDCP compliant!

Item: My Sim2 tops out at 720P. I did set the BH100 to 720P to match but to no effect.

Thanks for contributing.

R.

I dont think any sat companies put a HDCP signal through since its only a 1080i signal, so they have to be compliant but dont have to send a HDCP signal with the video unless its full HD (1080P) .

Not sure whats going on, I was able to split the signal with a Gefen DVI 1x2 spitter for my two CRT projectors with HDMI cards in both and output 1080p no problem , I do send the 1080p24 to a lumagen Video processor and out put a higher refresh rate to the CRT's as CRT's can not sync to 24hz. are you sure your PJ can sync to 24Hz? the Bh100 only outputs 1080p@24, but 720p@60 so if that is what your PJ is doing it should work.

Athanasios
post #5 of 5 Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

I dont think any sat companies put a HDCP signal through since its only a 1080i signal, ...

are you sure your PJ can sync to 24Hz?

Athanasios

The DirecTV manual seems to say otherwise re HDCP:

The HDMI jack uses HDCP content protection to allow you to view HD programming that has been encoded using the HDCP protection system. For the best access to HD programming at the highest available
resolution [1080i], connect this to an HDTV that supports HDCP technology."

I have the original Sim2 C3X (720p/1080i, tops). I have not been able to determine whether it supports 24fps or 60fps the manual is silent on the subject. The LG BH100 output can be set to a range of values: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Its manual is also silent regarding frame rates.

Though I believe I tried this without success previously, at my next opportunity I will be sure to set all this stuff to the same compatible res and see what happens.

Thanks for your thoughts.

R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page