No hdmi signal - any tips? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 5000 that I've had repaired several times. I had the loader replaced (twice) and the flash memory. Now it has a new issue. It works fine via component and coax for audio, but I get no signal (per my Integra DHC 9.9 or directly to the tv) via the hdmi out. For obvious reasons (HD audio) I prefer hdmi.

Has anyone experienced this? I know it may be as simple as a bad hdmi jack, but I'm hoping it's not the main board starting to go. I've had enough of paying Samsung to repair the unit and I was thinking about taking it to a local repair shop until I saw a pic of the main board and saw that all of the output jacks are part of that component.

Any tips are appreciated.

FYI: This occurred after installing FW 1.6. Not immediately as this was a secondary player so I installed it, tested it and all was fine. The problem occurred several weeks later when I was going to watch some hd-dvds. The first sign was that despite setting it to 1080i (my tv's max resolution - I have a Mitsu 62827 which handles the deinterlacing internally and will not accept 1080p unless you tell the tv it's a computer which eliminates most of your picture adjustments) it would continually default to 1080p. after numerous bouts of hooking it up via component, resetting it etc, I managed to get it to stick on 1080i, but still not hdmi signal. If I leave it off for a while and turnn it back on, again, it switches to 1080p.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

there is an 11 capacitor replacement in the HDMI brd bulletin that came out about Feb 10.
It is all heat related and these new caps, which r rated @ 105c....So, since the unit is under warranty...send it in to the regional center or maybe your dealer also has a service dept as we do.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Unless they have extended the warranty for this particular fault - then I am long out of warranty. I've paid out of pocket for repairs twice already.

Can you give me a link to the bulletin? Is it part of the AVS forum?
Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

this unit has a 3 yr warranty...how could u have paid twice for something that is only 2 yrs old ?
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

According to Samsung I had a 1 year warranty. The last 2 repairs were done at a flat fee of $80 plus shipping.

We are all talking abotu the BD UP 5000 right? Have I been getting hosed?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

no ART, the INTEGRA has the prob correct ? If u'r running HDMI thru the Integra..that's the problem. I am NOT saying the 5000 is not a fault, but if u hook it directly to the panel via hdmi...is all okay ? I sent u a PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

no ART, the INTEGRA has the prob correct ? If u'r running HDMI thru the Integra..that's the problem. I am NOT saying the 5000 is not a fault, but if u hook it directly to the panel via hdmi...is all okay ? I sent u a PM.

No, we got our signals crossed. It is the 5000 that has the problem. The Integra works 100% I confirmed this buy testing different cables, and with a different blu-ray player on different hdmi ins on the integra. All hdmi ins work perfectly with my Pioneer BR player.

I also tested the Samsung direct to the tv and got no signal there as well so I've completely eliminated the possibility of the Integra being the problem.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

If my Integra has a pending issue that hasn't surfaced yet I would definitely want that link so I can explain it to my dealer. They (Integra) are notorious about denying issues. I went through 2 units before I got a third that funtioned properly and my delaer had to really browbeat them to get it accomplished.

I had always heard that Integra products are great....if you can get one that works.