BH200 as a cd player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone else using their BH200 as a CD player? Anyone know what DAC the BH200 uses for 2-channel audio?
Tiga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-16-2010, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga View Post

Is anyone else using their BH200 as a CD player? Anyone know what DAC the BH200 uses for 2-channel audio?
Tiga

To be honest, I've never tried it. If I remember when I get home tonight, I'll see if it even plays CDs. I seem to remember that its sister unit, the Samsung 5000, doesn't play CDs, so maybe the LG doesn't either.

Doug
post #3 of 6 Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

To be honest, I've never tried it. If I remember when I get home tonight, I'll see if it even plays CDs. I seem to remember that its sister unit, the Samsung 5000, doesn't play CDs, so maybe the LG doesn't either.

Doug

I can vouch for it playing CD's, but I was curious about the quality of the DAC. When I got the dreaded "please wait" message I took it out of the cabinet and replaced it with my Toshiba HD-A2 player. It seems like the Toshiba is playing CD's better than the LG. From what I understand the Toshiba is using a Wolfson DAC, the same that is used in some of the Cambridge Audio players. I'm now curious what the LG is using.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

I can vouch for it playing CD's, but I was curious about the quality of the DAC. When I got the dreaded "please wait" message I took it out of the cabinet and replaced it with my Toshiba HD-A2 player. It seems like the Toshiba is playing CD's better than the LG. From what I understand the Toshiba is using a Wolfson DAC, the same that is used in some of the Cambridge Audio players. I'm now curious what the LG is using.

Well then, I can't help you. Mine is just hooked up to a TV. Sorry.
Doug
post #5 of 6 Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

The A2 doesn't have good DAC's. The A2 used to be my bedroom player before my BH200. The XA2 is the one with the nice Burr-Brown DAC's.

My BH200 plays CD's all the time. I used to use HDMI, but now I use optical due to it becoming a bedroom system w/ no HDMI receiver. I doubt it has good DAC's. Most players w/ two channel analog outs have DAC's meant for TV's not receivers/amps.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

The A2 doesn't have good DAC's. The A2 used to be my bedroom player before my BH200. The XA2 is the one with the nice Burr-Brown DAC's.

My BH200 plays CD's all the time. I used to use HDMI, but now I use optical due to it becoming a bedroom system w/ no HDMI receiver. I doubt it has good DAC's. Most players w/ two channel analog outs have DAC's meant for TV's not receivers/amps.

I heard that about the XA2, I thought a few other Toshiba models had the Burr-Brown DAC as well. A few models had the Wolfson DAC and I thought the A2 was one of them.
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page