Best player for blu-ray, mkv, avi? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't bought a player yet, although the TV I might buy is throwing in a Samsung BD-C6900 for free. So my dilemma is should I stick with the BDC6900, or perhaps get something else? What I want to do is play avi and mkv files, as well as blu-ray disks. It would even be a bonus if it could do this wireless off my home network.

I know the BDC6900 can do most of this, but a quick look in the thread on this player, some people are reporting problems playing some mkv files (via usb or streaming). Some also reporting audio sync problems, although that may be a mkv/avi file problem, I don't know.

I will also at some point be getting a gaming box, no idea which one, PS3, XBOX, Wii. Would any of these do what I want?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This forum is for players that play both HD DVD (may it Rest In Peace) and BD. Not regular BD players (that also play DVD).

I suggest you browse the BD player forum, specifically this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=959985

Do not just open a new thread like you did here - it will get locked or merged into the above thread immediately.

Just out of interest, since it happens more than a non-zero number of times: what made you think this was the right forum to start a new thread and post that question? Not being mean or a jerk: it just seems weird to me that a forum right "next door" labeled "Blu-ray Players" would not be the one selected to browse/post. Perhaps there is a key word the Mods need to use to re-label this forum.

shinksma

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my captors.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the guidance shinksma. Thought I had clicked on the Blu-ray players forum, but obviously not ...

Oh, and thanks for the link....
Old 11-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma View Post

This forum is for players that play both HD DVD (may it Rest In Peace) and BD. Not regular BD players (that also play DVD).

I suggest you browse the BD player forum, specifically this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=959985

Do not just open a new thread like you did here - it will get locked or merged into the above thread immediately.

Just out of interest, since it happens more than a non-zero number of times: what made you think this was the right forum to start a new thread and post that question? Not being mean or a jerk: it just seems weird to me that a forum right "next door" labeled "Blu-ray Players" would not be the one selected to browse/post. Perhaps there is a key word the Mods need to use to re-label this forum.

shinksma

someones trying to get the mod tag i see

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28