I'm out! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-19-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the word from Geed Squad today that my player can't be fixed so they reimbursed me for the player. Luckily I purchased the extended warranty (which expired next month) - I paid 150 for the unit open box - received a $75 rebate, used it happily for 2 years and now am getting 150 back for a new player. Not bad.

It's been a good run and I've enjoyed the player while I've had it. Luckily I still have my Toshiba A2 - any suggestions on a new player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Liked: 11
What was the issue with your player? I think I remember you posting something somewhere in another thread, but am just curious, and too lazy to look!!!

I just imported the last 3 x GGR-L20N drives from a seller on a Chinese web site to replace a drive not reading HD DVDs. Expensive, a PAIN when not having the foggiest clue of anything besides English, especially Chinese, but I'm happy to prolong the life of this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga View Post

I got the word from Geed Squad today that my player can't be fixed so they reimbursed me for the player. Luckily I purchased the extended warranty (which expired next month) - I paid 150 for the unit open box - received a $75 rebate, used it happily for 2 years and now am getting 150 back for a new player. Not bad.

It's been a good run and I've enjoyed the player while I've had it. Luckily I still have my Toshiba A2 - any suggestions on a new player?

post #3 of 6 Old 11-20-2010, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I got the dreaded "Please wait" message that wouldn't go away. At first when it happened I would go through the re-boot procedure and it was fine. But it kept happening more and more and finally the reboot process didn't help.

FWIW is seemed like I was getting the message during start-up after playing a music CD. May have been a coincidence however. I just came home with my new Sony BDP-S570 - and yes I got the extended warranty!
post #4 of 6 Old 12-07-2010, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
What did you do with the old player? I might take a look at it. I like to mess with broken electronics.

Athanasios
post #5 of 6 Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm out too. One BH200 sold. The other broke and sold as-is for parts on Ebay.

Can still play HD-DVD on the HTPC using TMT. Using PS3 for BD.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My house was broken into and one of my BH200's was stolen. Haven't check yet to see if they took the good one I was storing for backup or the bad one I was keeping for parts.
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page