Pioneer BDP140 usb total file amount - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the total amount of video files the pioneer BDP 140 player can play from a USB hard drive before I open the box and can't return it. I'd swapped a panasonic dmp- bd77 at the store which only showed 300 files & no more based on the sales guy's information and was disappointing because of this limit. I downloaded the manual & the brochure from the website and both say the number of folders & files within a single folder (including root dir) is limited to 256 and was curious if this meant total files on your HDD is 256 or you can have as much as you want just no more than 256 in each folder. It's replacing a pioneer DV 410 which had a limit of 999 files & had no problems with a nearly full 2TB HDD.

Basically i want to know if the BDP140 will play as many files in total as my old DV410 or whether it plays less in total than the panasonic BD77. If the latter I'll return this one too for an LG BP120 which plays 2000 files according to the manual and was what I wanted originally.

Thanks
Reply Dual Format Players

Tags
Pioneer Blu Ray Player Bdp 140

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page