LG BH200 stoped playing DVDs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a LG BH200 and i love it but it stopped playing standard DVDs. It still plays Blu rays and most HDDVDs. I live in Australia now so i took it to LG here and they have told me it needs a new drive but because its a U.S modal they cant get the parts?? any ideas?
Thanks
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian e View Post

I have a LG BH200 and i love it but it stopped playing standard DVDs. It still plays Blu rays and most HDDVDs. I live in Australia now so i took it to LG here and they have told me it needs a new drive but because its a U.S modal they cant get the parts?? any ideas?
Thanks
D

Your going to pretty much be out of luck. It's almost impossible to get your hands on the replacement drive (GGR-L20N), and as of now, no other drive will work with this unit. I bought a few years ago from a Chinese seller on taobao.com, but haven't seen them at all since then. Some people were trying to flash the the firmware onto other dual-player disc drives, but that didn't go anywhere.

That being said, you could keep your eyes open on a LG BH200 with the "please wait" bug to get the drive from it, but since you're in Australia, you probably won't see that. Even in the US, I only see 1 or 2 a year these days on ebay.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.frown.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM

My BH200 stopped playing DVDs (coincidentally ? after playing a BD that tried to access the Internet), so I put it into storage. Last week I got it out to try the power on reset 'trick' and DVDs are now working again - might be worth trying your unit again...
Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page