From Engadget at the LG press conference-
"11:10 - They're announcing the Super multi player in February, which can handle Blu-ray and HD DVD. "This will help customers who are hesitant to buy a player"Link
""The Super Multi Blue Player can play both formats with one tray."
The BH100 model will be available this quarter, at a suggested retail price of $1,199.
True HD, VC-1 / H.264, DD+/ DTS HD
HDMI Out, Optical / 5.1 channel out -- no mention of HDMI 1.3, but maybe that's just a given.
"As a companion product, we're also producing a Super Multi Blue Drive for the PC."
$1,199, reads and writes everything but HD DVD, looks like Blu-ray still is first in LG's heart."
Originally Posted by HorrorScope
Another bullet list:
- Named Super Multi Blu player model BH100
- Cost $1199
- Single tray
- Carried nationwide by many retailers include BB and Circuit City the first week of Feb.
- HDMI 1.2 (not 1.3) output
- automatically detects disc type
- outputs 1080P/24 and 1080P/30. Also 1080I/60
- no network interface
- uses 2 seperate lens systems
- takes about 25 seconds from disc insertion to display
- no interactivity support from either format
They also announced a drive for a PC for the same price.
- no availability date yet
- the drive includes ineractivity support for both formats