Denon to Release Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD/SACD/DVD-A Universal Player Eventually- - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 50 Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post

Pretty much as I've been saying, confirmed universal player with Realta for 08.

YES!

If they included an i.Link/firewire audio out such that I could keep using my Pioneer VSX-59TXi receiver for multichannels digital audio instead of getting a new HDMI receiver/pre-pro then I'm all for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

well if you are throwing in tape media... how about DCC... lol...

leo d.
post #33 of 50 Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post

YES!

If they included an i.Link/firewire audio out such that I could keep using my Pioneer VSX-59TXi receiver for multichannels digital audio instead of getting a new HDMI receiver/pre-pro then I'm all for it

Agreed. Even without i.Link, I'd still have my deposit waiting for a Denon player that can do everything.

Denon, if you're reading, give us a player with the build quality of the 3910/3930 with at least Denon Link, along with BD/HDDVD and SACD/DVD-A capability, and you've got a deposit from me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The possability of a player like this will keep me from upgrading my A2/PS3 combo until we get a definite answer on what they're up to.
post #34 of 50 Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoND View Post

Agreed. Even without i.Link, I'd still have my deposit waiting for a Denon player that can do everything.

Denon, if you're reading, give us a player with the build quality of the 3910/3930 with at least Denon Link, along with BD/HDDVD and SACD/DVD-A capability, and you've got a deposit from me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The possability of a player like this will keep me from upgrading my A2/PS3 combo until we get a definite answer on what they're up to.

I'm in a similar situation. I'm holding on to my A1 and PS3 as long as I could until Denon and/or Marantz release a truely universal player. I guess i.Link/firewire will be a bit far fetch now that most major players have abandon this format but at least if the Denon universal has a quality multichannels analog output I can use the one and only multichannels input on my Pioneer Elite for everything.

But, hey, if the Denon universal has a i.Link audio multichannel PCM output I'm more than happy to pay for a Denon again
post #35 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would love to see a true Universal player that played all formats, HD DVD, BD, and SD DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, etc. through multi channel analogue outs that could also decode DD True HD and DTS HD Master Audio. If the picture quality and sound quality or up there I could see paying in the neighborhood of $1500 to 2k.
post #36 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGOLFER View Post

I would love to see a true Universal player that played all formats, HD DVD, BD, and SD DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, etc. through multi channel analogue outs that could also decode DD True HD and DTS HD Master Audio. If the picture quality and sound quality or up there I could see paying in the neighborhood of $1500 to 2k.

Ditto! I'm having upgrade-itus but know I need to wait to replace my A2 and PS3. Considering the Sammy Duo coming out but would hold out another 6 months to a year if this actually came to fruition. I would drop $1500 or so on a top notch player that could do everything.

I'm gonna wait and hope that Denon or other high end manufacturer announces the "Ultimate" player at the next Cedia. That is in January, right?
post #37 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not to poop on anyone's parade (as I'm a Denon lover and would love to see a player like this), but is it not still cheaper to just buy the two individual players?? I mean we don't know what the price of such a device would be, but if it's anything > $1,000 it would seem to kinda defeat the purpose of buying an all-in-one.

Anyhow just my $0.02

and hah I'd probably buy the thing anyhow

-Chuck
post #38 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

YES!

Pioneer will probably release an Ilink equipped high end Bluray player in Q1 but dont expect it to be less than $3000. Euro model name is BDP-LX90 and pictures and some specs were leaked earlier in the year along with the now announced flagship amp (All deetails about the amp were correct). My guess is the Blu player has been delayed for profile 2.0 and maybee we will see an announcement at CES so it would not be arriving much later than Denon's BD only players.
post #39 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala454 View Post

Not to poop on anyone's parade (as I'm a Denon lover and would love to see a player like this), but is it not still cheaper to just buy the two individual players?? I mean we don't know what the price of such a device would be, but if it's anything > $1,000 it would seem to kinda defeat the purpose of buying an all-in-one.

Anyhow just my $0.02

and hah I'd probably buy the thing anyhow

I'm not sure if any of the BD players play SACDs aside from the PS3, but I'm not aware of any HD DVD players or BD players that play DVD-A's (or, at least, the hi-res portion). At best, you could buy two players - a combo HD DVD/BD player and an Oppo to play hi-res audio discs. Judging by the quality of Denon's current offerings, I would jump all OVER a universal player.

Of course, one from Oppo that didn't cost in the 4 figures range would be awesome too

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

post #40 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

I don't want two or more players. I want one player to rule them all. One set of connections to my gear, space for a single player in my rack, etc. But to be honest, I'm already resigned to the fact of keeping the Oppo 980H I have now for SACD and DVD-A (at least for the forseeable future) and some dual format player for DVD, HD DVD, and BD. Denon, Samsung, LG, doesn't matter to me as long as it executes relatively well.

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

post #41 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C Brown View Post

one player to rule them all.

lol awesome

-Chuck
post #42 of 50 Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I wouldn't hold my breath for a true uni player from Denon anywhere near 2k. The BD only players coming out soon are 2k and 1.5k SRP. A true Uni player I would expect in the range of the 5910 at least. I'm sure it will be loaded with everything they can throw at it.
post #43 of 50 Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPilot View Post

I'm not sure if any of the BD players play SACDs aside from the PS3, but I'm not aware of any HD DVD players or BD players that play DVD-A's (or, at least, the hi-res portion). At best, you could buy two players - a combo HD DVD/BD player and an Oppo to play hi-res audio discs. Judging by the quality of Denon's current offerings, I would jump all OVER a universal player.

Of course, one from Oppo that didn't cost in the 4 figures range would be awesome too

The Panasonic BD player will play hires DVD-A.
post #44 of 50 Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

YES!

Unfortunately, Denon has abandoned i.Link in new products.
post #45 of 50 Old 10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimp View Post

Unfortunately, Denon has abandoned i.Link in new products.

Yes, that's just too bad... but I guess if it has a good multichannels analog output I'm more than happy since the one and only analog multichannels input on my Elite 59TXi is more than enough for my needs.

However, my receiver is getting a bit old in terms of hi-def audio CODECs and connectivities I may need a new one in the future so having i.Link audio may be a moot point.

As for the >$2K price tag: I don't expect a cheap one from Denon right from the start anyway. They never did. However, the 2nd gen of their universal should be a lot more reasonable. I can wait, I think

Bring it on, Denon!
post #46 of 50 Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Pioneer have not abondoned ILink

post #47 of 50 Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I'll bet their new pre/pro doesn't have i.Link.

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

post #48 of 50 Old 10-20-2007, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C Brown View Post

I'll bet their new pre/pro doesn't have i.Link.

What Prepro?

I only need the accompanying BDP-LX90 to have ILink. I suspect we will find out at CES.
post #49 of 50 Old 10-20-2007, 06:34 AM

sold.
post #50 of 50 Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Zoo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barend View Post

This seems a good player, but not for the SACD/DVDA fan- pic quality could be excellent.
Denon's analog sound has always been rather mediocre.
SACD is still doing rather well as classical music is concerned, many small labels still issue SACD's, some even exclusively (Linn Music).
Linn's Unidisk whilst being an SD player flies rings around Denon and Marantz for SACD sound quality, even more so for standard redbook discs.

Do you mran analog as in LP etc? From what I have read the older 59xx and 39xx DVD players were phenomenal CD players. I would love to finally replace my CD player with a HDM player than can play CDs to a high quality level.

So, a dual format HDM player that can upconvert DVDs very well and play CDs to audiophile level is the "holy grail" for me.

I am hopeful that Denon, Onkyo, or another company that I have had success with will come through with such a player.

Recent Wii owner. Enjoying HD up in the "Great White North"
Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page