BH100 firmware to be posted today - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been informed from the factory that the new firmware will be available to download hopefully today from the LG website. I have installed and tested the firmware and Silver Surfer plays fine with no audio dropouts like before. This should take care of the new fox movies that the BH100 is having trouble with.

I realize everyone would have liked this sooner but it is better for LG to get the firmware update right the first time rather than have to issue a fix for this upgrade.

Life is Good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Just checked. Not there yet.

post #3 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM

I called the 800 number today. They said the firmware upgrade would be out in mid-November.

As usual, a consistent clear message from LG!?!?! What are they smoking?
post #4 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

This showed up in my email yesteday. "Forwarding agents" left unnamed.

----- Original Message -----

To: [censored]

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 2:35 PM

Subject: FW: LG BH100 firmware update

From LG:

Team,

Recently, some new movies have come out on Blu-ray that will not play on the BH100. There is a firmware update that fixes this problem. Below is the link to our service site where you can find the update. Once you are on the service site, click on the box that says Device Drivers, then click on the link that says DVD & Video & Set Top. After clicking on the link, the first BH100 firmware update at the top of the list is the latest one. When you download the update, it downloads in a zip file. Unzip the file and save it on your computer. You will need to burn the update on a DVD since the BH100 does not recognize CD’s. Also, you need to burn this file as an image using a DVD program like Nero. There is also a .pdf file that details complete instructions on how to burn the disc and perform the update. I performed this update on a unit that would not play the new Fantastic 4 movie and it fixed the problem.

http://us.lgservice.com/

Thank you!

BLU RAY - 53+PE (if your quantity is zero, you are missing out on too many movies)
HD DVD - 10 (if your quantity is zero, you are still missing out).
post #5 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 86
One hour later still not there yet .

Athanasios
post #6 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar_in_fw View Post

This showed up in my email yesteday. "Forwarding agents" left unnamed.

----- Original Message -----
To: [censored]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 2:35 PM
Subject: FW: LG BH100 firmware update
From LG:
Team,
Recently, some new movies have come out on Blu-ray that will not play on the BH100. There is a firmware update that fixes this problem. Below is the link to our service site where you can find the update. Once you are on the service site, click on the box that says Device Drivers, then click on the link that says DVD & Video & Set Top. After clicking on the link, the first BH100 firmware update at the top of the list is the latest one. When you download the update, it downloads in a zip file. Unzip the file and save it on your computer. You will need to burn the update on a DVD since the BH100 does not recognize CD’s. Also, you need to burn this file as an image using a DVD program like Nero. There is also a .pdf file that details complete instructions on how to burn the disc and perform the update. I performed this update on a unit that would not play the new Fantastic 4 movie and it fixed the problem.

http://us.lgservice.com/

Thank you!

Your LG letter is true the update version 070711b does correct the video playing problem. It does NOT fix the audio drop out problem.
post #7 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

I have been informed from the factory that the new firmware will be available to download hopefully today from the LG website. I have installed and tested the firmware and Silver Surfer plays fine with no audio dropouts like before. This should take care of the new fox movies that the BH100 is having trouble with.

I realize everyone would have liked this sooner but it is better for LG to get the firmware update right the first time rather than have to issue a fix for this upgrade.

If you have the software update You can PM me and I will host the download so everyone can get it, as LG has not posted it yet.
post #8 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

Your LG letter is true the update version 070711b does correct the video playing problem. It does NOT fix the audio drop out problem.

That letter is dated yesterday about, say, almost four (4) months after 070711 firmware came out (?). My unit plays FFSS video just fine, but the audio either drops out on me or "bleeps" at me from every direction with 070711.

BLU RAY - 53+PE (if your quantity is zero, you are missing out on too many movies)
post #9 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar_in_fw View Post

That letter is dated yesterday about, say, almost four (4) months after 070711 firmware came out (?). My unit plays FFSS video just fine, but the audio either drops out on me or "bleeps" at me from every direction with 070711.

It would have been clearer if LG had stated which version of their firmware corrected both the video and audio problem.
post #10 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

It would have been clearer if LG had stated which version of their firmware corrected both the video and audio problem.

Obviously it's not 070711, since that firmware update is several months old.

post #11 of 18 Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

Three (3) days later.....? Or did they find another bug to go find a fix for ? Just thought I'd ask since you sent out this teaser.

post #12 of 18 Old 11-02-2007, 01:45 PM

LG has been saying the fix is coming out mid-November. Not today, not tomorrow, BUT MID-F*@#ING NOVEMBER.

Hey LG, slow down a little. Don't rush to fix a huge problem for us suckers who spent $1300 on your machine. We'll just keep watching the same old movies over and over again while you take 6 weeks to fix a problem everyone else got fixed in 3 days.

And while your at LG, thanks for keeping us all so well informed. Not the first mention of any issue on your web-site!!! And every time you call you get a different answer. And would it be so tough to name your firmware updates with a consistent naming convention. Aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhh!

Wel at least it's a competitive consumer electronics market. I bought my first LG product with the BH100. It will be the last!!!
post #13 of 18 Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is the firmware update expected to fix anything with Spidey 3?

I have some friends who have a BH100. They've never done any firmware updates, but they've never had a problem until Spidey 3. I got them on the July firmware, and they can start the movie and play it, but the menus are stuttering and such. I'm hoping the film plays all the way through for them.

I have to admit I was shocked to see the last firmware update was nearly 4 months ago.

Maybe I've been spoiled with the frequency of Sony and Toshiba updates.
post #14 of 18 Old 11-03-2007, 02:46 AM

My SPIDERMAN would play...but when I tried to stop the disc and eject it, no dice... Had to turn the power off, then on again to get the drawer to open. Can't wait for the Samsung...it'll probably be released before LG gets the firmware fix for the Fox discs out...
post #15 of 18 Old 11-03-2007, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Played SP3 last night no issues with anything
post #16 of 18 Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

The new update is posted: version 071101a in on the LG site

here is the description:
===========================
It was improved performance for Super Blu player (BH100), which is playable to BD plus discs.
BD Plus is a kind of DRM.
Threrefore you have to apply this firmware to your BH100, it can playable to BD plus discs.

#. Example of BD Plus Disc name:

Die Hard with a vengeance
Fantastic4
Independence Day
Fistful of Dollars
Walk the line
Bridge too far
Rescue Dawn Ver.1
Mr.Brookd
Carrie
etc...
post #17 of 18 Old 11-06-2007, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry for not replying I was out of town. As you already know the firmware is posted now and this should fix the problems with the new copy protection from Fox. But this will be an ongoing problem whenever copy protection is changed. I would like others thoughts on this who do you blame, the hardware or software manufactuers?

Fox did state they tested the copy protection on the BH100 before releasing the disc to the public and they claim it played fine. Obviously it does not. I do not see how it played fine since I have personally tried the disc on over 50 different BH100's and none of them would play the disc without somekind of problem. I'm all for Fox wanting to protect their product but to release a disc and then tell the customer to beg for firmware from their manufacturer to fix any issues. All they did was pass the buck on to someone else.

Life is Good
post #18 of 18 Old 11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I D/L's the new version and installed it. FFSS now plays fine. Although it took forever for it to load.

Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page