LG BH100 will NOT play list - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 238 Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The firmware download is 161 meg, that would be next to impossible with a dial-up connection. it would take hours and hours.

GPowers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 238 Old 10-13-2008, 05:55 AM

Liked: 10
Anyone having a problem with the BH100 shouwing Mad Men Series 1 Disc 1.? The is the second copy i have tried. Disc one gives an disc error - discs 2&3 work fine. Anyone having similair questions/problems
post #33 of 238 Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 AM

Hi,

This is not about Madmen specifically but some of the errors with the menu I've managed to get around by stopping the disk and selecting the correct title from the "display" menu, doesn't work all the time but it's worth a shot.
post #34 of 238 Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 AM

I have the june firmware for the BH100 and...

For Your Eyes Only won't play. All the other Bond movies DO play, just FYEO doesn't show the grey progress circle going before a menu should come up. Just shows the red screen and a black screen with words and then just blank blacked out screen while my LCD on the machine says ~Menu~. I have let it try to load for 20 minutes and came back still to a total black screen. Why would all the others work, but not one with the franchise?
post #35 of 238 Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I would try two things first.

1. if a second (friends, family, etc...) Blu-ray player is available try the disk in both players.

2. Return the disk and try a second disk.

If both of the above fail then there is most likely a problem with the creation of the disk or if it plays on the non BH100 player, then there is a problem with the BH100 software.

GPowers

post #36 of 238 Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacpisces View Post

I have the june firmware for the BH100 and...

For Your Eyes Only won't play. All the other Bond movies DO play, just FYEO doesn't show the grey progress circle going before a menu should come up. Just shows the red screen and a black screen with words and then just blank blacked out screen while my LCD on the machine says ~Menu~. I have let it try to load for 20 minutes and came back still to a total black screen. Why would all the others work, but not one with the franchise?

It doesn't play in the LG BG200 either or any of the Samsung or older Sony players. It's an authoring error.
post #37 of 238 Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

I would try two things first.

1. if a second (friends, family, etc...) Blu-ray player is available try the disk in both players.

If both of the above fail then there is most likely a problem with the creation of the disk or if it plays on the non BH100 player, then there is a problem with the BH100 software.

Thanks.
1. Works in the PS3.
2. Returned to best buy and still the same.
2a) Saw bh200 having the same problem.
2b)Informed LG service and she said when they get a new firmware(next after 6-24) they would send me one.
post #38 of 238 Old 10-30-2008, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacpisces View Post

Thanks.
1. Works in the PS3.
2. Returned to best buy and still the same.
2a) Saw bh200 having the same problem.
2b)Informed LG service and she said when they get a new firmware(next after 6-24) they would send me one.

pacpisces, Thanks for testing. I have update post number 1 to reflect you findings with For Your Eyes Only.

GPowers

post #39 of 238 Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Firefly Blu-ray - 3rd Disc. Loads, but never goes to the menu. Only black screen, and then from there, nothing.

I see that there is a firmware update on LG's website for August. I don't believe that I have installed that one, so I will try that tonight.

Anyone else with the BH100 having a problem with the Firefly set?

- Rutgar

post #40 of 238 Old 11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay. Updated latest firmware. But still no go. Again, anyone else here have the new Firefly BD and had success on disc 3?

- Rutgar

post #41 of 238 Old 11-12-2008, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Have you tried:

1. A second (friends, family, etc...) Blu-ray player if available try the disk in both players.

GPowers

post #42 of 238 Old 11-12-2008, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have you tried:

1. A second (friends, family, etc...) Blu-ray player if available try the disk in both players.

I plan on exchanging the set tomorrow. But it would be nice to know if anyone else here who also has a BH100 and has this BD and is able to play disc 3.

Nice Theater BTW!

- Rutgar

post #43 of 238 Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

When your at the store try the bad disk in a blue-ray player at the store.

And thanks for the kind comment about the theater. it was a lot of work.

GPowers

post #44 of 238 Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When your at the store try the bad disk in a blue-ray player at the store.

And thanks for the kind comment about the theater. it was a lot of work.

I thought about that. But I was concerned that it might work, and then they wouldn't exchange it. So I just exchanged it. However, if disc 3 of the new set doesn't play, then that is what I will do.

- Rutgar

post #45 of 238 Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

I thought about that. But I was concerned that it might work, and then they wouldn't exchange it. So I just exchanged it. However, if disc 3 of the new set doesn't play, then that is what I will do.

You could try it after you exchange it.

GPowers

post #46 of 238 Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay. Second set of Firefly and Disc 3 still won't play. Surely someone else here with a BH100 bought this set and has tried Disc 3 (of course, if disc 3 worked, they probably wouldn't be reading this thread. )

I will take the set back to Best Buy tomorrow (again). But this time I will see if it will load and play in a few of the Blu-ray players in the store.

- Rutgar

post #47 of 238 Old 11-14-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Okay. I tried disc 3 of Firefly on a friends BH100. It wouldn't play on his either. I took the set to the store today, and it played fine on a Denon (I don't know the model #). So it looks like it's the BH100 that's the problem.

New Firmware update LG?

- Rutgar

post #48 of 238 Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

Okay. I tried disc 3 of Firefly on a friends BH100. It wouldn't play on his either. I took the set to the store today, and it played fine on a Denon (I don't know the model #). So it looks like it's the BH100 that's the problem.

New Firmware update LG?

The first post of the thread has been updated to included Firefly disc3. So it becomes a waiting game for LG now!

GPowers

post #49 of 238 Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 AM

Add the band of brothers box set to the list. I have the latest firmware installed, of the 6 disc's in the set, only part 1/2 and the bonus documentary disc's play. The others are recognized by the player and display "disc can only be played on a region A or B player". These same disc's play perfectly on my panasonic bluray player. Very frustrating.
post #50 of 238 Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadndudes View Post

Add the band of brothers box set to the list. I have the latest firmware installed, of the 6 disc's in the set, only part 1/2 and the bonus documentary disc's play. The others are recognized by the player and display "disc can only be played on a region A or B player". These same disc's play perfectly on my panasonic bluray player. Very frustrating.

added to first post

GPowers

post #51 of 238 Old 11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Damn. I ordered this box set from Amazon. I haven't received it yet though. Is LG still doing firmware updates for the BH-100? Or are they done with it?

- Rutgar

post #52 of 238 Old 12-06-2008, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadndudes View Post

Okay, I got my copy of 'Band of Brothers', and it's the same thing as you have. Only the first disc will play. The others give me the "disc can only be played on a region A or B player".

This is really beginning to suck. First Firefly, and now Band of Brothers. At this rate, I'm going to have a stack of BD's that I can't watch because my "Blu-ray" player won't do what it is supposed to do.

- Rutgar

post #53 of 238 Old 12-06-2008, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
This player looked like trouble ever since I heard it wasn't HDi-equipped...I'd get out while the getting's good. :X
post #54 of 238 Old 12-06-2008, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

This player looked like trouble ever since I heard it wasn't HDi-equipped...I'd get out while the getting's good. :X

Yeah, but the question is, which player? They all seem to have issues. And no, I'm not buying a gaming console.

- Rutgar

post #55 of 238 Old 12-06-2008, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Panasonic is the best at this stage, based on the consensus...finding a BD35 for under $200 would be the sweet spot for me.
post #56 of 238 Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Most of us bought the bh100 18 to 24 months ago, for between $800 and $1,200. Today with prices dropping and features and quality on the rise a new Blue-ray should be on big deal.

It is all part of being part of the early adopters or bleeding edge.

I can still remember placing my $1,100 stereo VCR in the trash when it was replaced with a better, more feature rich unit for $200.

GPowers

post #57 of 238 Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Most of us bought the bh100 18 to 24 months ago, for between $800 and $1,200. Today with prices dropping and features and quality on the rise a new Blue-ray should be on big deal.

It is all part of being part of the early adopters or bleeding edge.

I can still remember placing my $1,100 stereo VCR in the trash when it was replaced with a better, more feature rich unit for $200.

My first Hi-Fi VCR was $1400.00. And that was back in 1983 when $1400.00 was a lot of money!

- Rutgar

post #58 of 238 Old 12-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm also fustrated with my BH-100. Why do I jump for the latest and greatest, at first hand. If I would learn to wait it would be so beneficial. I just took a peek at this thread, and it seams there is a big issue with the blu-ray disks. I don't have this issue with the hddvds, just blue-ray. Is this about the same with everyone. How is the BH200 about the same?
post #59 of 238 Old 12-13-2008, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, another BD disk that won't play on the BH100:

Dead Space: Downfall

- Rutgar

post #60 of 238 Old 12-14-2008, 10:03 AM

I recieved the For Your Eyes Only replacement disc from Fox and it still does not play for me with the latest firmware.

New Fox disc that won't play on the Bh100... "Home Alone" !
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page