Lg dual player or 2 single setups? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-2007, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I just got the word to go find the blu-ray/hd player i want and my fiance will get it. But it has to be from circuit city. So i was thinking about the new lg that coming out for 1g. But then i read of the reveiws and kinda got turned off. What the system will be going for is. Tv is the 60" sxrd Xbr, and for the stereo im running jbl venue setup with a yamaha htr-5890 receiver. So i bought all this equipment about 8 months ago and i am very happy with the speaker quality and cleaity. So when if i only plan on running a 5.1 setup the little older models player should be good? I see some on circuit city they have a few blu-ray players that come with free movies.Panasonic DMP-BD10A Blu-ray Disc Player (DMP-BD10A), and Sony Blu-ray Disc Player (BDP-S300). Now i want this system to run at the best 1080p there is. So would the sony be better buy for the video and audio signal?

And now for the HD setup. I currenty have a new xbox 360 with the hdmi port. So i was concidering saving a few dollars and getting the add-on hd player for it. So i was torn between the Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD Player (HDA3), and the Toshiba HD DVD Player (HD-A30), or the xbox360 hd player.

what ever route i should go needs to be under 1k, but after looking at getting to seperate units i could get some movies for the same price as just getting the all in one lgbh200.

Please advise.

thanks, steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
anyone?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
well, there's no shortage of threads on this topic... including one that was right at the top of the thread list when you started yours...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page