bd-up5000 audio question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
have have done some research and the more i do the more i get confused. i thought this player would decode dts-hd and true dolbyhd, dolby digital plus via bitstream? but then i read that it will only decode high def audio via analog ? then i also read that it would decode true dolby hd over 2 channels only. my question is pretty simple will it decodes high def audio formats via bitstream over a multi channel. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

i just downloaded the owners manual at samsungs website and it says that when playing a dolby trueHD disc, audio will be only heard over the front left and right speaker. another question i have is can you get dolby trueHD in 7.1?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Re: stereo only TruHD
I think everyone is hoping the manual is mistaken or that it's true only until a firmware update is available(like it was with the toshibas). It seems no one really knows right now (or isn't talking if they do). It's only going to be a few weeks until it's on the store shelves so the feeling now probably is just wait and see...
Otherwise, rather than all formats being available, you'll have:
LPCM 5.1 - 7.1 (mostly available on Blu-ray titles)
dd+ 5.1-7.1
regular dolby and dts dvd audio formats

I haven't seen any 6.1/7.1/TruHD titles - the studios have seemingly only released 5.1 TruHD. There are some 6.1 PCM Blu-Ray titles like "Crank".
New: After a little checking, there are indeed some new titles coming out with full 7.1 hd audio:
Hairspray - Blu-Ray 7.1 DTS-MA !!
3:10 to Yuma - Blu-Ray 7.1 PCM
Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 24
any news if the player will be able to pass alle advanced audio codecs via bitstream to a HDMI 1.3 receiver with on-board decoding of TrueHD and DTS master?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post

have have done some research and the more i do the more i get confused. i thought this player would decode dts-hd and true dolbyhd, dolby digital plus via bitstream? but then i read that it will only decode high def audio via analog ? then i also read that it would decode true dolby hd over 2 channels only. my question is pretty simple will it decodes high def audio formats via bitstream over a multi channel. thanks

2 channels makes no sense. If that's the case, it's a deal killer. There has to be something missing in translation.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyW View Post

2 channels makes no sense. If that's the case, it's a deal killer. There has to be something missing in translation.

they put that note in the manual for the bdp-1400 too. but later had a firmware to do a multichannel dloby trueHD. hopefully they do the same for this player. if not this will be a deal breaker for me too. it makes no sense why buy this player when it doesnt do it when you can get a 1400 and a
hd-a35 that does. anybody have any info or conformation that there will be a firmware to address this issue?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There must be a big market of those who want "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for its stereo TrueHD score only mix.

"I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply."
Old 12-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:

It's the same on the LG BH200. It has to be a DRM rights issue or something. The player needs to be certified or maybe paperwork has to be signed before they can enable multichan output. That is the only reason why so many players need firmware updates after release to enable multichan TrueHD. I know they ALL don't but damn.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPyke View Post

It's the same on the LG BH200. It has to be a DRM rights issue or something. The player needs to be certified or maybe paperwork has to be signed before they can enable multichan output. That is the only reason why som many players need firmware updates after release to enable multichan TrueHD. I know they ALL don't but damn.

That sounds like the most logical explanation I have heard so far....
Old 12-18-2007, 08:16 AM

i read through the owners post and it way too long, post get pased over too easily i think

regarding set up? if u use optical for sound, how do u get it to not transmit audio to the tv via hdmi also?

and for those not using an HDMI receiver, wats optimal audio output? analog to receiver or optical?