bdup5000 does not decode dts-hd? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i just downloaded the owners manual from samsungs website and under the section of all the audio formats it decodes it only shows dts and not dts-HD. i cant imagine this player coming out and not being able to decode dts-HD. anybody have info on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post

i just downloaded the owners manual from samsungs website and under the section of all the audio formats it decodes it only shows dts and not dts-HD. i cant imagine this player coming out and not being able to decode dts-HD. anybody have info on this?

According to this Spec sheet the Samsung BD-UP5000 meets all the hardware requirements for DTS-HD, DTS HD Master Audio and all versions of Dolby Digital. According to the old Samsung spec sheet a future firmware upgrade is required for the advanced audio formats
http://forum.hd-dvd.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=12

Also according to the following old news article the Samsung BD-UP5000 has all the hardware requirements for Bonus view PIP profile 1.1 and the article mentions that it also has 1GB of memory which is the requirement for BD-LIVE. The article even mentions that a firmware update for profile 1.1 will be available in January 2008.
A firmware update will be available at the end of January 2008 to allow playback of BD Profile 1.1 discs.
The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) has mandated all hardware launched after Oct. 31 must support BD Profile 1.1 discs including BD-Java (BD-J)-enabled picture-in-picture video playback and 256MBs of persistent memory. Players with Internet connections, which the Duo will have, are to include 1GB of persistent memory.”

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6494367.html

Warning specs can change before a product launches.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I would strongly suggest going though the sticky at the top of this page as this has been discussed and is currently being discussed in that thread. As previously said though the player should have the hardware to output DTS-HD MA via a firmware update sometime in late Jan\\Feb 08. Since no one has actually reported on a production model though all there is right now is speculation.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post

page # ?
post #5 of 8 Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
page 11 under logos that can be played. only shows dts

also on the bottom of page 11 it says when playing a dolby trueHD disc, audio will only be herd from the front left and right speaker.

with it not doing dolby true hd over a multichanel and no dts-HD that will be a deal breaker for me unless they do have a firmware to fix this
post #6 of 8 Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 1077
But am I correct in assuming it will bitstream Dolby True HD & DTS MA at the outset?
post #7 of 8 Old 11-30-2007, 11:35 AM

Liked: 10
Just ordered a BD-UP5000 from *******. Hope they really do start arriving in a couple of weeks. Would be very nice to have it by the end of the year at least. ******* had the lowest total price with their holiday special and including 3-day FedX shpg. And zero interest for one year with their CC. Some of the companies charge tax even for out of state orders. BBB, Amazon. Even saved a few bucks over BBB's best total and got faster shpg. Of course now which company gets their delivery first?

Now I would really like to replace my modded Angstrom 100 surround sound unit so I can enjoy the new audio formats. It doesn't have an analog throughput little-lone 8 ch's. Cancelled my order for the Integra DTC-9.8 as I've been hearing that the sound quality won't be up to my normal sound experience. Just need an 8 channel preamp with remote volume and ch. trims for now. Later upgrade to an external processor when some of the high end companies start making them. Might needed to build something for now or maybe the Integra/Onkyo would be a decent enough unit to get by for a year until others come out. Not sure what I'm going to do for a preamp right now!

Cary Cinema 12 Pre/Pro, XPA-3 & UPA-2 Amps.
2 DIY Vifa 12" Subs, HTPC-3D, Moncaso 301P, Svr: Norco RPC-4020-24TB WHS.
Ctr:ML Motif, Rrs:ML Fresco i w/Abyss sub.

post #8 of 8 Old 12-02-2007, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
any news if the player will be able to pass alle advanced audio codecs via bitstream to a HDMI 1.3 receiver with on-board decoding of TrueHD and DTS master?
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page