BD-UP5000 Universal Player Samsung [OFFICIAL OWNERS THREAD] & FAQ - Page 377 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #11281 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Older firmware ISO's have been posted here:

1.4 - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?djyghy11yym

1.3 - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmk4yhmnnjz

1.2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kzzuggrtzlt

all files are in ISO format.

Waiting for my 2012 upgrade...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11282 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvansowhat View Post

I have the Simpson's movie and will try it but probably not today. It shows that it has the Smart Menu Technology on the back. I have never played it before so will open it up and give it a whirl.

Thanks. But you don't need to bother now and unseal it. Plays fine in 1.4 and 1.5
post #11283 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post

Quick question. Has anyone verified the following titles for playability in 1.5? I own sealed copes of a few (just remembered about PotA yesterday) and picked up a few yesterday for cheep, but many I have on DTheater and really not that interested in owning them on BD. Wondering if I need to open and try or just return them.
[bad]*Behind Enemy Lines - bad on 1.5
***Courage Under Fire
-Me, Myself and Irene - good on 1.5
*High Crimes
*Unfaithful- released recently, so should play?
-The complete original Planet of the Apes franchise (mine is sealed and put away). I did verify the 2001 Danny Elfman one and it is ok. - These should play ok, I would be surprised if they do not.
*Butch and Sundance
*Ice Age
-Mr. Magoroum....
-Wall Street
-The Simpsons Movie - good on 1.5
-Entrapment - good on 1.5
***Men of Honor
***Kiss The Dragon
***League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

These are all ones within the problem window that I have not been able to verify. There are a couple exceptions (Courage... and Unfaithful are probably ok since they are much newer).

Vinnie, you check any of these? I only paid attention ones you mentioned that I currently own.

I am writing a letter to the Samsung USA presidents office for various reasons. Foremost being to find out what the ongoing commitment is to this player. It will determine what I do long term with BD. I'm not interested in buying a new BD player ever. So if there won't be further support and it is going to be this much of a hassle every time, then I'm just going to stop buying BDs all together and use other alternatives. Probably keep my players since they are still good for almost my entire collection using 1.4 and my vast HD and DVD collection.

Well here are a few answers. The following play fine under 1.4 and 1.5:
-Entrapment
-Simpsons Movie
-Me, Myself...
-Crazy Heart
-Extraordinary measures (it's a Sony title that I think released yesterday? Just thought someone would care).

I can't elaborate, but I don't need to write the letter just yet. I will when I have some time so I can find out the "official" stance of Sammy with their older players. In the meantime, things are progressing very well. Don't sell off all your players, just yet. You will be sorry you did.

I find it interesting that most of the Fox titles that have problems were also released on DTheater. I bet most of those were transcoded to 1080p or re-transferred around the same time and similar menu technology was used. The movies were probably then released at all different times with other titles? Not all the DT released titles have the problem. I have put a * by likely problem ones up above in my quoted original post. A *** means that I will be surprised if that title does not have problems. Only Sunshine,
Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Die Hard 2 and 3 are ones that did not release on DT all the other bad Fox titles were, and one of the reasons I have detected these late. I think I have a complete Fox DTheater collection at this point in time, so many of them I never replaced on BD. There are a few that I had not sourced on DT before I bought them on BD.

If you are wondering about a particular movie, ask me 1st, there is a high probability that I have tried it and that probability is going up every day.

I wish that my local Hollywood Video was still open AND still had the rent a free BD promotion going on, then it would make this really easy and inexpensive. As it is I need to see if the coupons my wife's Diet Coke Reward points get her at BB are good for BDs now. Around the 1st of the year they were not. I can buy these for not much more than it cost to rent them.
Edit: Man I totally forgot to mention the bad news: Behind Enemy Lines has the more common menu loop issue. No need to report, I've go that one covered.
post #11284 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks. But you don't need to bother now and unseal it. Plays fine in 1.4 and 1.5

Well it is un-sealed with thoughts of watching it tonite but wife has t-v remote in hand and no hope of regaining control of it now.
post #11285 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well it is un-sealed with thoughts of watching it tonite but wife has t-v remote in hand and no hope of regaining control of it now.

That's too bad. Don't you have a man cave, complete with big screen, HDP and surround sound. Our "family" room has always been my "man cave" and my wife only hangs out there when I am not home. When I'm home she takes a powder to the "female realm" that is our bed room. The female realm does not have surround sound yet, but someday it will. Then is can serve as the secondary "man cave"
post #11286 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 PM

No man cave just a 52" as her 32" tv is too small for American Idle.☺☺☺
post #11287 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:

American Idle.

Couldn't have said it better.
post #11288 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No man cave just a 52" as her 32" tv is too small for American Idle.☺☺☺

aFaIaC ANY tv is too large for American Idle.
post #11289 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Couldn't have said it better.

Clever.
post #11290 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeagle View Post

Although manufacturers offer f/w updates for PC BD reader/writers, updates for new protections and other issues is usually handled by updates to the software players. I have an Acer notebook [Aspire 8940G-6865] with std. Blu-ray, and I have received frequent updates to the player software [Acer version supplied by Cyberlink].

Thanks for the reply. I have a Dell laptop and although it constantly gets updates from Windows, Adobe, McAfee, etc. I have no idea it the internal Panasonic Blu Ray Drive/Burner/Reader has gotten any firmware updates. Does it retrieve the updated firmware automatically if a disk like Avatar (which is requiring a lot of updates to play) is placed in the drive? I use Power DVD Ultra to play DVDs so does the firmware come from them, Panasonic, Dell, or where?

Thanks again-
post #11291 of 13642 Old 05-19-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post

Thanks for the reply. I have a Dell laptop and although it constantly gets updates from Windows, Adobe, McAfee, etc. I have no idea it the internal Panasonic Blu Ray Drive/Burner/Reader has gotten any firmware updates. Does it retrieve the updated firmware automatically if a disk like Avatar (which is requiring a lot of updates to play) is placed in the drive? I use Power DVD Ultra to play DVDs so does the firmware come from them, Panasonic, Dell, or where?

Thanks again-

Firmware update[s] would come from Panasonic, likely through Dell. If you tried to play Avatar [which I do not have] in your Dell notebook, most likely you would be offered a PowerDVD update, which might be sufficient to play Avatar without the necessity for a Panasonic firmware update.

Have you ever played a BD in the notebook? If not, inserting *any* BD in the Panasonic ROM would most likely result in a prompt for PowerDVD to update itself online.

I have never updated the firmware on my notebook's optical drive. But, I have a desktop PC Blu-ray burner [LG GGW-H20L - also plays HD-DVD], whose firmware I have updated several times. The availability of these firmware updates is probably a result of the complexity of playing both HD formats [nuff said]. The PowerDVD software on this desktop also routinely offers to update itself without any action on my part.

-iceeagle
post #11292 of 13642 Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I tried all the Fox titles I own (there were more than I thought, but the vast majority of my BD library comes from WB or Sony) with 1.5. See below.

Planet of the Apes (original) - Does NOT play - it hangs indefinitely after the 5k front display shows Loading, then Menu, then 0000.
All of the rest DO play:
Big Trouble in Little China
Day the Earth Stood Still
Eddie Scissorfingers
Secret Life of Bees
Slumdog Millionaire

Thanks,
Doug
post #11293 of 13642 Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

I tried all the Fox titles I own (there were more than I thought, but the vast majority of my BD library comes from WB or Sony) with 1.5. See below.

Planet of the Apes (original) - Does NOT play - it hangs indefinitely after the 5k front display shows Loading, then Menu, then 0000.
All of the rest DO play:
Big Trouble in Little China
Day the Earth Stood Still
Eddie Scissorfingers
Secret Life of Bees
Slumdog Millionaire

Thanks,
Doug

Thanks for checking. I had already verified all of those but the Apes series. Sounds like that entire box set and individual movies will be affected. Those are 6 mo. later releases than MaC:FSotW so I need to widen the search. I bet Romancing and the Stone and Jewel of the Nile may be affected. There are a bunch more out there, but only checking ones that I have a slight interest in viewing or owning. I've signed up for free trials with both NetFlix and BlockBuster TA. It's a good cheep way to verify movies. When I get the first 6 tomorrow and Saturday I will also check the Apes box and report all I find to Sammy. I can exchange the BB ones at my local store that has a ton of the suspect movies. Then starting next week I can enjoy my free titles to actually get movies I am actually interested in watching ;-)

You description sounds a little different than Cast Away and MaC:FSotW. With those it goes loading/Load then Play, then goes to title 1 or chapter 1 (I can't read the display without my new readers on ;-) and 0000. Don't recall it getting all the way to menu. The other two stall before Menu as far as I recall.

BTW - starting to get reports that other random movies are not playing on other Sammy players (moves that played and no longer after being hobbled by the Avatar updated). Just read a report about Crazy Heart and one of the seasons of Mad men not playing on the p1200. I think MM is Lionsgate, but I bought my season 1 set for cheep used then resold it when I watched it and have been watching the newer ones on cable. It will be interesting if we see a rash of new f/w updates posted in the not too distant future.

I'm only subscribed to the p1200 list or maybe a couple others (can't recall) but those forums are no way as active as these for the 5K.
post #11294 of 13642 Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Faltsie alarm. My entire Apes box set plays fine. No problem whatsoever, except right at the 1st of all the law giver intros (both at the 1st of the discs and with the optional law giver intro to each movie) the audio cuts out while the 5K and my AVR sync up for the 2-ch Dolby audio. That's not a problem with the disc but with the combo of the 5K and my Denon 1909. I was able to play right through, skip quickly past things and even disc menu skip right to the menu without problem. The 1st couple movies I think lacked the annoying non-skippable FBI warning time waster which I enjoyed, sadly the other 3 have that stupid thing like just about every other disc out there. Why do they bother with that. Pirates ignore it and strip it out of their rips (even us law-abiding disc buying people do that) and the rest of us are so sick of it that we feel like throwing the disc out the window when we see it. Waste of time, money etc. Gee if you are seeing the warning you have legally purchased, rented or borrowed the movie.

Anyhow, you might want to power cycle, system reset, PM erase, and/or power plug reset your unit. Are you in fact running 1.5? Did it take without locking up? Does your PotA include the Law Giver intros? I doubt there is any difference in the individual movies than the box set? What you describe happening is right before the Law Giver into plays and you may just be able to disc menu or chapter skip past that. I had a couple of some studio BDs act similarly on both my players right after update and probably before system resets. Ejected, tried again and there were fine. I think a certain amount of PM needs to get loaded after these drastic firmware updates and resets?

The biggest problem I had with Apes was moving a dozen HDs out of the way to yank it out of the back of a bookcase. Not a big deal. Don't like the packaging. They are all going on the soon to be watched stack. I fondly recall watching those as a kid and the menus are the most interesting that I have ever seen on a BD. If you recall the 2001 Tim Burton (previously I referred to it as the Danny Elfman version, which is also correct since Burton directed and Elfman scored the music. I tend to remember the musicianship more than the directing on many movies) version was either awarded or recognized as the most advanced DVD released at the time and remains one of the fanciest. Glad they kept up the tradition. Can't believe I have had this set almost 2 years without watching. Got put away and forgot about.
post #11295 of 13642 Old 05-21-2010, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, Mr. K. I can't remember if my single BD of Planet has the lawgiver intro, but I believe it does. I watched it successfully on the 5k using 1.3 or 1.4. Just to be clear, when I said the 5k display read "MENU" before going to "0000", no menu actually appeared on the screen; it was just a dark blank screen while the "0000" showed on the 5k display for a minute or so. This is different to what I experienced with rentals of Juno and Sunshine prior to the Fox fix, where we'd get a RSOD.

Yes; I'm running 1.5, and successfully upgraded without the hitches that others have reported.

Anyway, I'll try again with Planet and will report back.

Doug
post #11296 of 13642 Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

False alarm w/ Planet. This time, it loaded and played just fine. It must have been a one-time glitch the last time I tried it.

I also forgot about South Pacific. It, too, plays fine w/ 1.5.

Doug
post #11297 of 13642 Old 05-22-2010, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

False alarm w/ Planet. This time, it loaded and played just fine. It must have been a one-time glitch the last time I tried it.

I also forgot about South Pacific. It, too, plays fine w/ 1.5.

Doug

I think I remember one or both of my players choking on the 1st Fox title I threw at it post update. I know my main player did, not sure about the other since it was boxed up, put away and brought out again before that. I just ejected and tried again. Guess I should do that with all of these others that don't play on the 1st try, but I usually do and the sequence and symptoms are different. When it does what it did to you I usually have to power cycle where when it stalls with 0000 after load/play I can almost always eject and some of the time hit stop (if I recall right).
post #11298 of 13642 Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think I remember one or both of my players choking on the 1st Fox title I threw at it post update. I know my main player did, not sure about the other since it was boxed up, put away and brought out again before that. I just ejected and tried again. Guess I should do that with all of these others that don't play on the 1st try, but I usually do and the sequence and symptoms are different. When it does what it did to you I usually have to power cycle where when it stalls with 0000 after load/play I can almost always eject and some of the time hit stop (if I recall right).

You're right. The first time, I had a batch of about 6 Fox discs I was testing, and Planet of the Apes was in the middle somewhere. So, the machine had already loaded 2-3 discs prior to Planet, and that caused it to balk.

The second time I tested, it was the first disc I loaded after powering on the machine.

Doug
post #11299 of 13642 Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM

- Kiss of the Dragon ( BD ) plays fine on 1.5

sorry if some one already confirmed, I saw it on the list to test...
post #11300 of 13642 Old 05-24-2010, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGavin View Post

- Kiss of the Dragon ( BD ) plays fine on 1.5

sorry if some one already confirmed, I saw it on the list to test...

Ya, I tested that one over the weekend and posted to the problem disc thread.

Has anyone ever been able to get LEG to play on this player? My rental from NetFlix will not play. It was pretty dirty and scratched up so I cleaned and polished it and it will not load on either of my players under 1.4 or 1.5. It does load and play on my LG BH200, but with a bunch more chugging and seeking than I am accustomed to hear. What is does is keep chugging and reading over and over and then I have to power reset the unit and it continues to chug and seek even after the power button is pushed until the blue light goes out and the red standby light comes on. I'm going to report it as a bad disc and try again. In the meantime it would be nice to know if anyone has been able to get this to play or has every tried it. I may have found a bad disc that has never worked on this player? Not a title I care about anyhow since i have it on D-VHS DT and not a movie that I would own anyhow since it is not that great.
post #11301 of 13642 Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Has anyone ever been able to get LEG to play on this player? My rental from NetFlix will not play. It was pretty dirty and scratched up so I cleaned and polished it and it will not load on either of my players under 1.4 or 1.5. It does load and play on my LG BH200, but with a bunch more chugging and seeking than I am accustomed to hear. What is does is keep chugging and reading over and over and then I have to power reset the unit and it continues to chug and seek even after the power button is pushed until the blue light goes out and the red standby light comes on. I'm going to report it as a bad disc and try again. In the meantime it would be nice to know if anyone has been able to get this to play or has every tried it. I may have found a bad disc that has never worked on this player? Not a title I care about anyhow since i have it on D-VHS DT and not a movie that I would own anyhow since it is not that great.

EDIT: I searched and someone said that LEG played fine back in the 1.3 days, so it is either a bad disc OR it was broke in 1.4?
post #11302 of 13642 Old 05-25-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:

Has anyone ever been able to get LEG to play on this player?

I just tried League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (BD) w/ 1.5 and it loaded and played fine. At least so far as I write this.
post #11303 of 13642 Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGavin View Post

I just tried League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (BD) w/ 1.5 and it loaded and played fine. At least so far as I write this.

Oh good. Hopefully when my replacement comes from nf tomorrow it won't be a dirty scratched up one and will play.

Just checked broken arrow, ice age:the meltdown and transporter 2 and they are all fine. Getting to the point that I can predict the ones that won't play with the menu. Basically If the hoz blinking light bubble thing does not come up while skipping through junk before the menu it will have the problem. Seems that there is code on these older discs that is getting skipped and not processed. On 1.4 there is a spinning light thing that comes up when the code is being loaded does not come up in 1.5. Newer titles that do play ok have both things come up while code is being loaded.
post #11304 of 13642 Old 05-27-2010, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh good. Hopefully when my replacement comes from nf tomorrow it won't be a dirty scratched up one and will play.

Just checked broken arrow, ice age:the meltdown and transporter 2 and they are all fine. Getting to the point that I can predict the ones that won't play with the menu. Basically If the hoz blinking light bubble thing does not come up while skipping through junk before the menu it will have the problem. Seems that there is code on these older discs that is getting skipped and not processed. On 1.4 there is a spinning light thing that comes up when the code is being loaded does not come up in 1.5. Newer titles that do play ok have both things come up while code is being loaded.

It was a bad disc from netflix. LEG is fine. As well as unfaithful and jewel of the Nile.
post #11305 of 13642 Old 05-29-2010, 01:55 PM

Don't get me wrong, the samsung BD-UP5000 is a great player but I wanted to find a player that could match the video quality yet not have the frustrating blu ray disc compatibility issues. I found it ... I just purchased a Pioneer BDP-320 (originally $399.99 msrp) from J&R for a steal and could not be happier!!! The video and audio performance is outstanding !!! Also, my older Sony receiver (with multi channel audio inputs) allows me to listen to Dolby True HD and DTS HD master since the Pioneer has multi channel audio outs!!! Until Samsung can get the right firmware to make our sammys stable and compatible, I'll keep mine on my secondary set up ...
post #11306 of 13642 Old 05-29-2010, 08:55 PM

From what I could gather reading the multiple posts on this issue, I think I have firmware version 1.4 installed (081027.01_8109_XAA), but am not sure.

Maybe that would help me figure out what firmware version to try and load first, as I have tried to burn several discs (CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+DL) and all of them gave me error message 00x000000ff.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Been waiting two days to watch Avatar. At this point, I am ready to rent it over iTunes and play it on my AppleTV!

~ Seth D.

Main Home Audio/Video System:
Receiver - Marantz NR 1402
Speakers - Orb Mod 1s (5 channel)
Sub - Orb Super 8
TV - Vizio M501D-A2R
Blu-Ray - Sony BDP-S5100
CD/SACD/DVDA - Yamaha DVD C961
Media Center - Apple TV (Gen. 2) & Roku XS

Computer/2 Channel System:
DAC - FiiO Taishan
Pre-amp -...
post #11307 of 13642 Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndurantz View Post

From what I could gather reading the multiple posts on this issue, I think I have firmware version 1.4 installed (081027.01_8109_XAA), but am not sure.

Maybe that would help me figure out what firmware version to try and load first, as I have tried to burn several discs (CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+DL) and all of them gave me error message 00x000000ff.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Been waiting two days to watch Avatar. At this point, I am ready to rent it over iTunes and play it on my AppleTV!

You are running 1.4. You need to download the 1.5 iso image from samsung. Just google bd-up5000 firmware for the samsung link. Once you have the image unzip it and use your favorite image burning software to make the disc. I have used both apple disc utility and roxio toast on the Mac and they both make viable f/w update discs. I have also successfully used both verbatim cd-rs and kodak cd-r/w discs for upgrades and downgrades between the two firmwares on the 3 units I own. I think the windoze users use a thing called iso burn but good friends don't let friends use Microsoft products ;-)

If you are just writing the file you are downloading directly to a blank then that is your problem. DVDs should work also but I have never tried it and would be a waste of time money and space.
post #11308 of 13642 Old 05-30-2010, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Beware however that once you upgrade to 1.5 there will be upwards of 20 older box bds that will no longer play in your 5k. I've lost count, I think we are up to at least 15 that I am sure of. I haven't updated the list in a week or so.
post #11309 of 13642 Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:

You are running 1.4. You need to download the 1.5 iso image from samsung. Just google bd-up5000 firmware for the samsung link. Once you have the image unzip it and use your favorite image burning software to make the disc. I have used both apple disc utility and roxio toast on the Mac and they both make viable f/w update discs. I have also successfully used both verbatim cd-rs and kodak cd-r/w discs for upgrades and downgrades between the two firmwares on the 3 units I own. I think the windoze users use a thing called iso burn but good friends don't let friends use Microsoft products ;-)

If you are just writing the file you are downloading directly to a blank then that is your problem. DVDs should work also but I have never tried it and would be a waste of time money and space.

I have a Mac, too and after two attempts using my wife's laptop to burn the .iso image to CD-R, I tried it on the Mac through Toast. Here is the process I used:

1) Download .zip directly from Samsung website
2) Unzip file
3) Drop the .iso file into the Toast window with Data CD selected
4) Burn using toast and then verifying

No matter what media or brand I try, I am getting the error. Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but isn't that the correct process? Thanks for your help.

BTW - I ordered a firmware disc from Samsung after wasting 2 x CD-R, 1 x DVD-R, 1 x DVD-DL+R. However, a week does not make for good movie viewing over the long holiday weekend.

That's something else. I tried burning the 1.2 firmware update to DVD, but got the same error message. Not sure that is anything to consider or not.

~ Seth D.

Main Home Audio/Video System:
Receiver - Marantz NR 1402
Speakers - Orb Mod 1s (5 channel)
Sub - Orb Super 8
TV - Vizio M501D-A2R
Blu-Ray - Sony BDP-S5100
CD/SACD/DVDA - Yamaha DVD C961
Media Center - Apple TV (Gen. 2) & Roku XS

Computer/2 Channel System:
DAC - FiiO Taishan
Pre-amp -...
post #11310 of 13642 Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndurantz View Post

I have a Mac, too and after two attempts using my wife's laptop to burn the .iso image to CD-R, I tried it on the Mac through Toast. Here is the process I used:

1) Download .zip directly from Samsung website
2) Unzip file
3) Drop the .iso file into the Toast window with Data CD selected
4) Burn using toast and then verifying

No matter what media or brand I try, I am getting the error. Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but isn't that the correct process? Thanks for your help.

BTW - I ordered a firmware disc from Samsung after wasting 2 x CD-R, 1 x DVD-R, 1 x DVD-DL+R. However, a week does not make for good movie viewing over the long holiday weekend.

That's something else. I tried burning the 1.2 firmware update to DVD, but got the same error message. Not sure that is anything to consider or not.

You are burning the iso wrong. You are just sticking the file on the disc. You need to use the disc copy option and then use burn image. That will take all the formatting and place it on the cd. What you are doing is creating a Mac/pc data disc that the Sammy is unable to read. You can also use disk utility included on any os x computer to burn the iso. Can't remember the exact options but I think you just select burn image from the menu and select the file.
Reply Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page