BD-UP5000 Universal Player Samsung [OFFICIAL OWNERS THREAD] & FAQ - Page 465 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 51Likes

post #13921 of 13947 Old 07-30-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Ex-Machina, Cut Bank, Maps to the Stars and Kingsman: The Secret Service all load and play without difficulty. I currently have; The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The 100 Foot Journey, Danny Collins and While We're Young. 2nd best was a pit to load. Had to eject it then reload it. My player has been doing that every once in a while and I don't know if it is it or recent BDs. What happens is you put it in and you get the clunking sound like it can't tell what kind of disc it is or it can't read it. It does not error out. Seems like this mostly happens with Fox titles, but I haven't kept track. Ejecting and reloading seems to work. Exotic took a way long time to load, just like Kingsman. It's all that new BD Java DRM stuff that Fox added back when Avatar was released and been updated a time or two since. Ya I know that was like 5 years ago....but. Anyhow Exotic seems to be playing fine. I'll list the results of the other three once I get around to watching them before they have to go back to the rental store early next week.
endeavor likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13922 of 13947 Old 07-30-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Is your old 8-track tape player for sale, how much you want? What brand is it, and is it a portable one or one for the home system? What condition is it in?

Cassette tape players and VCR tape players I'm good here.

* I paid $800 (Canadian plus 12% tax) for my Samsung BD-UP5000 Duo HD DVD/Blu-ray player back then.
It's a piece of history; it belongs to the audio/video museum.
Just thought I would ask?
I have an old dual-well Sony cassette player and a JVC S-VHS player. They are both in some need of repair; I think the Sony needs belts and the JVC will work, last I checked, however, VHS does bot fully eject, one has to have the cover off and pull the tape out.
I do not care for money for these, but I rather see them used, and if shipped I would need that covered. Lt me know?
endeavor likes this.

Little Denon system, Denon 2808ci
Polk M40, front and surround, CS2 center.Yamaha subwoofer
Sony 222 es SACD/CD player
Panasonic Blu-Ray player
Sony dual DVD and VCR player.
LG 46" HDTV.
post #13923 of 13947 Old 07-30-2015, 03:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, x_machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 5268 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKatHT View Post
Just thought I would ask?
I have an old dual-well Sony cassette player and a JVC S-VHS player. They are both in some need of repair; I think the Sony needs belts and the JVC will work, last I checked, however, VHS does bot fully eject, one has to have the cover off and pull the tape out.
I do not care for money for these, but I rather see them used, and if shipped I would need that covered. Lt me know?
Thanks, I appreciate...tape cassettes and VHS tapes I don't use anymore...and I don't think I will...just too many Blus and not enough time.
But 8-track tape players; that I was curious because some of them are the real deal...truly vintage precious history...Neil Young would approve.

* Give them to the Salvation Army store, or to a similar organisation to help the people in need the most.
But nowadays you can buy Blu-ray players in high discount for roughly $29.99 and $39.99 ...or the poorest people they stream from Netflix ... $7.99/month. ...So they save on the cost of used Blu-rays from Amazon.
endeavor likes this.
post #13924 of 13947 Old 08-02-2015, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate...tape cassettes and VHS tapes I don't use anymore...and I don't think I will...just too many Blus and not enough time.
But 8-track tape players; that I was curious because some of them are the real deal...truly vintage precious history...Neil Young would approve.

* Give them to the Salvation Army store, or to a similar organisation to help the people in need the most.
But nowadays you can buy Blu-ray players in high discount for roughly $29.99 and $39.99 ...or the poorest people they stream from Netflix ... $7.99/month. ...So they save on the cost of used Blu-rays from Amazon.
I have considered it, although some, such as our rescue mission here, will only take working items, the JVC, they would take, not the Sony cassette, it would have be fixed. If I did that, I would keep it awhile , having some 1000 LPs on tape, pre-rock and old rock, (Grateful Dead, Quicksilver, Airplane, ect).

I still listen to some of this on CD releases.

Little Denon system, Denon 2808ci
Polk M40, front and surround, CS2 center.Yamaha subwoofer
Sony 222 es SACD/CD player
Panasonic Blu-Ray player
Sony dual DVD and VCR player.
LG 46" HDTV.
post #13925 of 13947 Old 08-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
...Neil Young would approve.
...speaking of Neil Young, I watched this the other day, and boy does he look different now that he's older! ...ya I know, we all do

Neil Young Video Premiere - Promise
post #13926 of 13947 Old 08-02-2015, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry to take you all away from the banter about old antiquated magnetic analog recording media. BTW - most VCRs and tape decks are pretty easily repaired by changing belts and tires (ya just like a car). I've repaired many over the years. The problem with the VCR is probably a eject mechanism drive belt or possibly the tire depending on design. Same could be with the cassette deck.

Anyhow, back on topic. The following five movies load and play fine; The Second Best Exotic Marigold hotel, The 100 Foot Journey, Danny Collins, While We're Young and What we do in the Shadows. The latter is Paramount, so you know the drill.
post #13927 of 13947 Old 08-02-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, x_machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Even the Samsung DUO player is looking older...but still young @ heart...and still pumping red blood and blue air of life.
BillFree likes this.
post #13928 of 13947 Old 08-08-2015, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby and Focus both load and play fine.
post #13929 of 13947 Old 08-11-2015, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Lost River and Maggie both play without incident. Lost River loads very quickly. Probably the fastest loading HD disc I have ever inserted into this player. Even faster load than any HDs that I have. I assume it is because there is virtually nothing extra on the disc. No preview, not special features etc. that I recall. I will check it out again when the cheep rental copy that I decided to buy comes in the mail.
post #13930 of 13947 Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Even the Samsung DUO player is looking older...but still young @ heart...and still pumping red blood and blue air of life.
Mine stopped pumping the blue air of life years ago.
mhobart likes this.
post #13931 of 13947 Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
Mine stopped pumping the blue air of life years ago.
Does it still play HD DVDs? ...That's the main thing today as Blu-ray players we can buy for less than fifty bucks.

I hardly use mine...once or twice a year? ...Very very slow and very noisy too...like a wind turbine nearby. ...And it is a second player, the first went caput about the time when all people gave up with HD DVD and went Blu-ray solid.

* But! Look @ this thread; she is still alive, and some folks are still using their working Samsung BD-UP5000 Duo BR/HD DVD players.
mr.kludge has never giving up, and he is still keeping track of the latest from his side, and helping few folks in the process.
And me too I keep track of his latest contributions and not only I appreciate what he does for the community but I support him and when I can help some folks too I am always here. It don't matter if it helps only one or four people, what matters is that one or four people get solutions to their questions.

This is quite amazing; who knows how long still some folks will have that player model for...maybe another five years...ten?

I still have over 400 HD DVD titles, and four HD DVD players. ...Just in case I decide to watch one one year. ...True though; I can just give up, stick with Blu-ray strictly, and be happy till December 25, 2015 ... with the arrival of the new Blu-ray...UHD.
...Or I can watch the news from around the world.
mhobart likes this.
post #13932 of 13947 Old 08-18-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 393
I've found that some Warner HD-DVD's won't play at all. This is due to disc rot more than anything else. Otherwise, the 5000 still works. It's not a huge issue, since I've rebought most of my HD-DVD titles on Blu. I have an OPPO BDP-93 for Blu-ray.
post #13933 of 13947 Old 08-19-2015, 03:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
I've found that some Warner HD-DVD's won't play at all. This is due to disc rot more than anything else. Otherwise, the 5000 still works. It's not a huge issue, since I've rebought most of my HD-DVD titles on Blu. I have an OPPO BDP-93 for Blu-ray.
Yes, there is a dedicated thread on this "rotten disc" HD DVD issue. ...And not only it happens with HD DVDs but also with DVDs (Universal, Criterion, ...).
And it even happens with Blu-rays.

I hope that the new UHD Blu-ray will last a bit more than seven years, until it stops working due to the rotten disc issue.

But this is the world we live in...tapes are even worst. ...Nothing last forever...and it shouldn't...if we want to repurchase all our movies again in the latest video format/medium. And the movie manufacturing plants make sure of that...it's good business if you want to keep up with the latest.
If you don't you are stuck, @ the mercy of an imperfect world...in the past.

Streaming doesn't rot, it depixelates, buffers, and breaks down with dropouts and heavily compressed stereo audio.
And the Duo player doesn't stream...anything...no Netflix.

It is what it is; the 5000 mainly for HD DVDs that aren't rotten yet because like I said above you can get a streaming 3D Blu-ray player for fifty bucks or less. And it will load much much faster than the Duo player...and with more support too.

Still, for the hardcore people, there is life.
post #13934 of 13947 Old 08-19-2015, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does it still play HD DVDs? ...That's the main thing today as Blu-ray players we can buy for less than fifty bucks.

I hardly use mine...once or twice a year? ...Very very slow and very noisy too...like a wind turbine nearby. ...And it is a second player, the first went caput about the time when all people gave up with HD DVD and went Blu-ray solid.

* But! Look @ this thread; she is still alive, and some folks are still using their working Samsung BD-UP5000 Duo BR/HD DVD players.
mr.kludge has never giving up, and he is still keeping track of the latest from his side, and helping few folks in the process.
And me too I keep track of his latest contributions and not only I appreciate what he does for the community but I support him and when I can help some folks too I am always here. It don't matter if it helps only one or four people, what matters is that one or four people get solutions to their questions.

This is quite amazing; who knows how long still some folks will have that player model for...maybe another five years...ten?

I still have over 400 HD DVD titles, and four HD DVD players. ...Just in case I decide to watch one one year. ...True though; I can just give up, stick with Blu-ray strictly, and be happy till December 25, 2015 ... with the arrival of the new Blu-ray...UHD.
...Or I can watch the news from around the world.
Thanks for the praise I intend to use my 5Ks until the day I die. Got 6 total and bunch of parts. Got lots of other players also, but the Sammy is my go to workhorse. Strange, mine is not noisy. Can't hear it at all except when loading some discs and if it runs into a bad spot on a disc. A little fan noise, but I can't hear that either with all the other noise around.

I have ran into a little disc rot here and there with Criterion BDs that are on the list that I have has replaced by them with minimal shipping cost on my end (and a bunch of coupons and other freebies here and there). The only rotten HDs I have ran into are a couple that someone here sent me to test and I have never gotten them to play ok on any player. One will sorta play and I have Grand Prix that I bought used from a guy that was duping a bunch of stuff on half.com. Many did not have cases or were missing cover art or other stuff. As far as I know that on is the only one that has issue. It plays but hiccups here and there. I do have a bunch of them that develop a film due to the plastic on the HD cases gassing out, but optical/spectacle/glasses cleaner from Sam's Club and Costco cleans it right off with a little effort. Have a friend up in the Pacific Northwest that is an avid HD fan and is trying to collect every HD ever released. He has not ever ran into a bad disc or one that has rotted. I wonder what the factors are for you to have issues. Heat, moisture, humidity, air flow, light??????
post #13935 of 13947 Old 08-19-2015, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, there is a dedicated thread on this "rotten disc" HD DVD issue. ...And not only it happens with HD DVDs but also with DVDs (Universal, Criterion, ...).
And it even happens with Blu-rays.

I hope that the new UHD Blu-ray will last a bit more than seven years, until it stops working due to the rotten disc issue.

But this is the world we live in...tapes are even worst. ...Nothing last forever...and it shouldn't...if we want to repurchase all our movies again in the latest video format/medium. And the movie manufacturing plants make sure of that...it's good business if you want to keep up with the latest.
If you don't you are stuck, @ the mercy of an imperfect world...in the past.

Streaming doesn't rot, it depixelates, buffers, and breaks down with dropouts and heavily compressed stereo audio.
And the Duo player doesn't stream...anything...no Netflix.

It is what it is; the 5000 mainly for HD DVDs that aren't rotten yet because like I said above you can get a streaming 3D Blu-ray player for fifty bucks or less. And it will load much much faster than the Duo player...and with more support too.

Still, for the hardcore people, there is life.
There is a lot of planned obsolescence engineered into media. First; they want us to buy over and over and don't want it to last forever. Second; the only constant is change, so technology will always evolve. That does not mean that quality will improve. Case in point is digital audio and video. Weather you download or stream the common formats do not preserve the quality of a media medium and probably never will. The general typical consumer is not discriminative enough to tell the difference so they gladly pay full price and in many cases more for digital/streaming than they do for physical media. Back in the day tape was much more resilient to use than optical ever was or ever will be, but it broke down over time much quicker. Give a VHS tape to a kid and they can play it over and over and over 100s of times and it will still keep on going. Give them an optical disc or even a coated BD and within seconds it will have a scratch and won't work anymore. I think in the long run streaming is the way to go. In time they will start streaming lossless audio. The video quality is already at the point that most people, unless they have a giant screen or TV can't tell the difference between a BD and a stream.

I disagree with your statement about the 5K. It is still a mighty fine CD, DVD, BD and of course HD player. I used mine for DVD just the other day to preview a movie about the band Kansas that I had sourced for a friend on H.264 and converted it to a DVD since that is the only way he could play it. For some reason the audio of the H.264 would not work on my Roku so I had to watch it from DVD. 5K did a wonderful job and other than sound quality (only 2-channel MP3 compressed) the picture was nearly as good as when it was broadcast on cable.
post #13936 of 13947 Old 08-19-2015, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

For bad movie Sunday I rented The Lazarus Effect from the box with a free credit I had and was going to expire. Played fine on the 5k with no issues. Also despite being a Fox it loaded very quickly. I guess they did not bother with a bunch of DRM and copy protection on that one? I have been surprised by a bunch of rentals loading up with a lack or crap to go through recently. The other one I recall is Lost River.
post #13937 of 13947 Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

1. Some discs get "rotten" because the glue between the two layers is of bad quality or badly applied...bad batches from some BR factory plants.
It's normal; it happens with LPs, CDs, DVDs, HD DVDs, and Blu-rays. ...Factory defects...tra-la-la.

2. Never played a CD once from my 5000 (just didn't think of it). ...But it played DVDs fine from the ones I tried (picture/sound quality wise).
post #13938 of 13947 Old 08-23-2015, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Good evening (or morning depending on your timezone). The following movies load and play fine on the 5k; Black Sea, Hackers (the first Shout/Scream Factory release that I have played in the 5k that I recall), Before I go to Sleep, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension and wait for it...SCOOBY-DOO MEETS KISS. The Buckaroo that I own is the Auzie release and is labeled region B on the back, but is well documented as being region free (or at least region A and B?) and plays great on the 5K.
post #13939 of 13947 Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
Good evening (or morning depending on your timezone). The following movies load and play fine on the 5k; Black Sea, Hackers (the first Shout/Scream Factory release that I have played in the 5k that I recall), Before I go to Sleep, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension and wait for it...SCOOBY-DOO MEETS KISS. The Buckaroo that I own is the Auzie release and is labeled region B on the back, but is well documented as being region free (or at least region A and B?) and plays great on the 5K.
Interesting, this post made me aware of the blu-ray release of Buckaroo Banzai ! I promptly jumped over to eBay and found some copies available (and bought one). I've always enjoyed that bizarre movie (I first saw it all those years ago in theaters.)

Vizio M501D-A2r hdtv, Sony STR-DN1050 AVR, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo, Roku 3, Apple TV
other older items of various types and vintages
post #13940 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
Interesting, this post made me aware of the blu-ray release of Buckaroo Banzai ! I promptly jumped over to eBay and found some copies available (and bought one). I've always enjoyed that bizarre movie (I first saw it all those years ago in theaters.)
What you been living under a rock ;-) Anyhow I was jazzed about it being released a while back, in fact I think I posted about it, but the initial releases were region locked and expensive. I think it released for the first time on BD anywhere in the world either last December or the December before. It is all kinda hazy. When I checked eBay prices there were higher with shipping than on half.com so I ordered it through GetImports there. Came fairly quickly compared to anything I buy fulfilled by MediaBlasters (those take 1-2 weeks to arrive but are good prices. Most of my recent Criterion purchases have been through them and about a dozen aliases they go by). It's just under $20 on Amazon and Prime so free 2-day shipping or a $1 digital media credit for "no-rush" shipping. Just make sure you get EAN: 9344256009730 anything else (and any thing without a EAN or UPC) will be region (most likely B) locked and will not play on the 5K. Even though this is a AU release it might as well be domestic. ALL of the regular online media outlets are stocking it now. According to Amazon it was released May 13, 2014 so I bet the first releases were the ones I was tracking for a late 2013 release and forgot about it until I was searching for all of my favorite movies that are still to be released on BD (some not even on DVD or streaming yet) and ran into this particular release.
post #13941 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

Quote:
What you been living under a rock ;-) Anyhow I was jazzed about it being released a while back, in fact I think I posted about it, but the initial releases were region locked and expensive. I think it released for the first time on BD anywhere in the world either last December or the December before. It is all kinda hazy. When I checked eBay prices there were higher with shipping than on half.com so I ordered it through GetImports there. Came fairly quickly compared to anything I buy fulfilled by MediaBlasters (those take 1-2 weeks to arrive but are good prices. Most of my recent Criterion purchases have been through them and about a dozen aliases they go by). It's just under $20 on Amazon and Prime so free 2-day shipping or a $1 digital media credit for "no-rush" shipping. Just make sure you get EAN: 9344256009730 anything else (and any thing without a EAN or UPC) will be region (most likely B) locked and will not play on the 5K. Even though this is a AU release it might as well be domestic. ALL of the regular online media outlets are stocking it now. According to Amazon it was released May 13, 2014 so I bet the first releases were the ones I was tracking for a late 2013 release and forgot about it until I was searching for all of my favorite movies that are still to be released on BD (some not even on DVD or streaming yet) and ran into this particular release.
Apparently I was living under a rock :-) Anyway, I missed any earlier post you made on that release and in general the publicity about overseas releases on blu-ray which are not being released at the same time in the U.S. can be spotty, at best. I have a region-free mod for my Oppo BDP-93, so region-locking is not a problem, though expense might have been at the time. My 5000s have long since reverted to only reading DVD/HD-DVD, soI tend to skim posts about which BDs are playable in the 5000. That might be why missed your earlier post. It also means that I am not as religious in reading the posts in this forum as I was initially.

Thanks for your many postings, on this release and on other ones as well along with hardware ones :-)

Vizio M501D-A2r hdtv, Sony STR-DN1050 AVR, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo, Roku 3, Apple TV
post #13942 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Apparently I was living under a rock :-) Anyway, I missed any earlier post you made on that release and in general the publicity about overseas releases on blu-ray which are not being released at the same time in the U.S. can be spotty, at best. I have a region-free mod for my Oppo BDP-93, so region-locking is not a problem, though expense might have been at the time. My 5000s have long since reverted to only reading DVD/HD-DVD, soI tend to skim posts about which BDs are playable in the 5000. That might be why missed your earlier post. It also means that I am not as religious in reading the posts in this forum as I was initially.

Thanks for your many postings, on this release and on other ones as well along with hardware ones :-)
Nice. The loosing BD capability on this player is pretty common, though not one that I am super familiar with. The ability to play ALL BDs I have ran into with 2 former bad loaders I have had (one that was abused and one that I bought off of eBay and was one that had already been replaced with another and hence why I ran into problems with it later). Had my original not been abused, not by me, it would probably still be original. As it is that old loader (if I still have it) will play everything, but a couple Lionsgate titles I had at the time. It choked on Wallace and Gromit and never recovered. If I recall that loader was sent back for a warranty refund with another player years ago? One of these days I need to check my stock after I moved and see what I kept. I think I only threw out loaders that would not play anything or both HD formats. I bought a bunch of old broken spare parts at one time and didn't have to pay for the items that did not work.
post #13943 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Nice. The loosing BD capability on this player is pretty common, though not one that I am super familiar with. The ability to play ALL BDs I have ran into with 2 former bad loaders I have had (one that was abused and one that I bought off of eBay and was one that had already been replaced with another and hence why I ran into problems with it later). Had my original not been abused, not by me, it would probably still be original. As it is that old loader (if I still have it) will play everything, but a couple Lionsgate titles I had at the time. It choked on Wallace and Gromit and never recovered. If I recall that loader was sent back for a warranty refund with another player years ago? One of these days I need to check my stock after I moved and see what I kept. I think I only threw out loaders that would not play anything or both HD formats. I bought a bunch of old broken spare parts at one time and didn't have to pay for the items that did not work.
Yep, unfortunately the BD mechanism in the loader has proven to be the weak point in the 5000. The one in my first 5000 gave out after a couple of years. I picked up a used 5000 a little time later to act as a replacement but that one lost the BD capability only a few months later. I use my equipment with care, so abuse is never an issue. BD players were getting common and less expensive, so I went the route of a BD-only player after that. I had equivocated on getting a replacement loader off of eBay until they disappeared :-(

I've had an Oppo BDP-93 player in my main room for many years now and it still works well. In my bedroom I've had a couple of BD-players. I tried one brand (withheld) which had gotten good reviews but both from that brand died shortly after the end of the manufacturer's warranty expired - no more from them.

post #13944 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I had equivocated on getting a replacement loader off of eBay until they disappeared :-(
That's because I bought everything up that was available. It is very doubtful that any more will show up for sale, unless I list mine since I doubt anyone in their right mind would pay to repair this player now (only I am that crazy). I don't even know if you can still order the loader from Samsung and other parts suppliers. I resorted to buying cheep players listed on eBay since I could buy the entire unit for what I used to pay for a used or new loader from my sources. I guess someone might decide to part some out again?
post #13945 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Quote:
That's because I bought everything up that was available. It is very doubtful that any more will show up for sale, unless I list mine since I doubt anyone in their right mind would pay to repair this player now (only I am that crazy). I don't even know if you can still order the loader from Samsung and other parts suppliers. I resorted to buying cheep players listed on eBay since I could buy the entire unit for what I used to pay for a used or new loader from my sources. I guess someone might decide to part some out again?
:-) I doubt that the couple of places that actually list a loader really have one in stock - probably just have never updated those particular webpages :-)

post #13946 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

New loaders are available from a few sources and in stock. Prices range from $280-320 plus shipping. The last one I know of that sold on eBay was nearly a year ago for just over $30. I must have been sleeping at the wheel on that one. Actually I don't have a bot looking for them anymore anyhow. Might now to gage their value.

The part is AK97-02013A in case you want to google it.
post #13947 of 13947 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
:-) I doubt that the couple of places that actually list a loader really have one in stock - probably just have never updated those particular webpages :-)
Nope, 3 of the places I just checked show them in stock for ordering. Probably have to source from Samsung directly. I have had good luck with Samsungparts.com. Probably should order a couple drive loader belts before you can't get them anymore. They are probably pretty standard anyhow and a random one of the same size from an electronics parts store would work fine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page