BD-UP5000 Universal Player Samsung [OFFICIAL OWNERS THREAD] & FAQ - Page 465 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

post #13921 of 13923 Old Today, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Ex-Machina, Cut Bank, Maps to the Stars and Kingsman: The Secret Service all load and play without difficulty. I currently have; The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The 100 Foot Journey, Danny Collins and While We're Young. 2nd best was a pit to load. Had to eject it then reload it. My player has been doing that every once in a while and I don't know if it is it or recent BDs. What happens is you put it in and you get the clunking sound like it can't tell what kind of disc it is or it can't read it. It does not error out. Seems like this mostly happens with Fox titles, but I haven't kept track. Ejecting and reloading seems to work. Exotic took a way long time to load, just like Kingsman. It's all that new BD Java DRM stuff that Fox added back when Avatar was released and been updated a time or two since. Ya I know that was like 5 years ago....but. Anyhow Exotic seems to be playing fine. I'll list the results of the other three once I get around to watching them before they have to go back to the rental store early next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13922 of 13923 Old Today, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Is your old 8-track tape player for sale, how much you want? What brand is it, and is it a portable one or one for the home system? What condition is it in?

Cassette tape players and VCR tape players I'm good here.

* I paid $800 (Canadian plus 12% tax) for my Samsung BD-UP5000 Duo HD DVD/Blu-ray player back then.
It's a piece of history; it belongs to the audio/video museum.
Just thought I would ask?
I have an old dual-well Sony cassette player and a JVC S-VHS player. They are both in some need of repair; I think the Sony needs belts and the JVC will work, last I checked, however, VHS does bot fully eject, one has to have the cover off and pull the tape out.
I do not care for money for these, but I rather see them used, and if shipped I would need that covered. Lt me know?

Little Denon system, Denon 2808ci
Polk M40, front and surround, CS2 center.Yamaha subwoofer
Sony 222 es SACD/CD player
Panasonic Blu-Ray player
Sony dual DVD and VCR player.
LG 46" HDTV.
post #13923 of 13923 Old Today, 03:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, x_machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5034 Post(s)
Liked: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKatHT View Post
Just thought I would ask?
I have an old dual-well Sony cassette player and a JVC S-VHS player. They are both in some need of repair; I think the Sony needs belts and the JVC will work, last I checked, however, VHS does bot fully eject, one has to have the cover off and pull the tape out.
I do not care for money for these, but I rather see them used, and if shipped I would need that covered. Lt me know?
Thanks, I appreciate...tape cassettes and VHS tapes I don't use anymore...and I don't think I will...just too many Blus and not enough time.
But 8-track tape players; that I was curious because some of them are the real deal...truly vintage precious history...Neil Young would approve.

* Give them to the Salvation Army store, or to a similar organisation to help the people in need the most.
But nowadays you can buy Blu-ray players in high discount for roughly $29.99 and $39.99 ...or the poorest people they stream from Netflix ... $7.99/month. ...So they save on the cost of used Blu-rays from Amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dual Format Players