BD-UP5000 Universal Player Samsung [OFFICIAL OWNERS THREAD] & FAQ - Page 472 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 103Likes

post #14131 of 14135 Old 10-08-2016, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Since it has been quiet I thought I would post an off-topic thing that I think is really cool. Yesterday one of my all time favorite movies Phantasm was re-released remastered to theaters nationwide. I looked on high def digest and low and behold it will be released to BD in early December. I can hardly wait. I guess that means that it will finally be streaming on some service in the future also. There are just a few of my favorite movies left to release on BD; Fandango from '85, Kevin Costner's 1st major role. The Bill Murray version of the Razors Edge '84 and The Keep, Michael Mann's greatly under rated and appreciated 1983 masterpiece. There are a few others on my complete list but most of those I have been able to find streamed versions in HD that are adequate for the type of movie they are. Movies like; Murder by Death, The Motorman Prophecies (though a BD version of that one would be cool), Dragonfly (another Costner) and a few others. I need to did up that list one of these days. I've acquired most of them already either through domestic or import releases and a few I was able to find on HD-DVD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14132 of 14135 Old 10-08-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just found my list and the only ones I didn't mention are; Birdy, The Cube but I think that is on an import, and Punch Drunk Love but last time I checked that was on Netflix. The latter was supposed to be released on BD years ago and never was. I wonder what happened?
post #14133 of 14135 Old 10-08-2016, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

ah, haven't been checking Criterion releases. Punch Drunk...is releasing next month, ya!
post #14134 of 14135 Old 10-08-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I guess both Phantasm and the new Ravager movie released limited yesterday. Reading revealed that a collectors box set with BD and DVD re-mastered versions are also going be released in December which will include all the films. I think I have only seen the 1st two movies? Also I should probably unload my DVD as I guess they are valuable now, until folks realize it's being released again. Na, I will keep it for reference.

Apparently JJ Abrims and Bad Robot were involved in the remastering in 4k of the original film. I didn't read on about the others since I don't really care about them but I will buy them and watch for old times sake.

I will probably splurge for the box set for completeness.
post #14135 of 14135 Old Today, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Independence Day Resurgence

I tried to play ID Resurgence the other night and it would not play. I got the red this player needs an update screen. Has anyone tried it? I can't remember if I'm on 1.6 or 1.7. I also have problems on BD's sometimes getting half way through or better and getting freezes and/or skips. Ideas? How hard is it to clean the laser and what is the best way?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page