BD-UP5000 Universal Player Samsung [OFFICIAL OWNERS THREAD] & FAQ - Page 473 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 103Likes

post #14161 of 14163 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
Liked: 1906
Even before Net Neutrality was enacted, I didn't notice a lot of price hikes. I think there are both valid arguments for and against it. The more fiber is laid by the likes of Google, the less likely it is for the old guard to get away with anti-trust violations. I'm not going to fret over it just yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14162 of 14163 Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Even before Net Neutrality was enacted, I didn't notice a lot of price hikes. I think there are both valid arguments for and against it. The more fiber is laid by the likes of Google, the less likely it is for the old guard to get away with anti-trust violations. I'm not going to fret over it just yet.
Google has recently stated backing away and finishing up their current experiment. They are now partnering with others for what I understand mostly Wi-Fi solutions. They have fond, like many others, that building and supporting an extensive fiber infrastructure is expensive. I'm in that business. So don't count on Google to fix the issue for us. With mass consolidation happening now in the telecommunications market expect prices to rise and quickly. Bandwidth will expand quite a bit and hopefully caps will be lifted or eliminated (might require an extra fee like with mobile data and several cable and telecommunications companies) but the average price paid per. month by the average consumer is expected to go up especially if you happen to cut the cable cord due to HD and 4k and beyond viewing.
post #14163 of 14163 Old Today, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
Liked: 1906
So they finally learned what Verizon did? There goes the last bit of respect I once had for Google. That's too bad...resources really are finite after all. I'm locked in my current price for at least another year. Trump seems opposed to the NBC/Time Warner merger. I can only (most likely vainly) hope that concern extends to monopoly breakups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page