Discs that the BD-UP5000 has problems with - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #661 of 664 Old 06-13-2008, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, not sure of the single best place to post this, since I'm not sure if this is a 1.3 bug, or just a problem disc.

I am having an issue with my 'Death Sentence' German Import HD DVD (Concorde), with this error code:

"This disk can not be played. Error code: 0x00000101"

Sometimes, I don't even get the error code; sometimes the player just freezes while loading the disc.

My 5K just arrived this week. Without really thinking about testing, I did the firmware upgrade to 1.3 over the net right off the bat, but I suspect that the Death Sentence HD DVD would probably still not have loaded on old firmware, as I've seen in a few other forums that imports don't always work 100% smoothly.

So I don't know if this is truly a new issue as a result of 1.3, or if this has always been a problem disc for the 5K. I do know that it played without a hitch on my Toshiba HD-A1. Also it was one of the few HD's that I know of with 5.1 DTS-HD High Resolution. (English track is HR, German track is MA).

I know this wasn't necessarily a largely popular import title, but if anyone has one and can also confirm it doesn't load for them, that would be a big help. Concorde in Germany also released a Blu-ray version with the exact same specs, which is also region free, so if anyone has had success getting that title to play in the 5K, then I can be content in just ordering the BD import version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 664 Old 06-16-2008, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
hi guys, not sure if this is a glitch but since all other titles have been playing very well I'm guessing it may be?
Resident Evil Extinction blu has "Bonus View" icon on virtually entire movie, could find no way to get it off the screen through menu settings, perhaps I missed something but has any one else seen this?
1.3 firmware is installed.
post #663 of 664 Old 06-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
This thread's a goner, ya'll. The OP has been MIA for a month, can we let it fall to the wayside? Pretty please. This one is still active and relatively current: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1007434

Tinga233, Sunshine Blu-ray has a similar problem in that "Bonus View" also appears when playing the movie back. The workaround is to disable screen messages in the 5000 settings menu under display.
post #664 of 664 Old 06-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 218
As the OP of the original thread hasn't been active for a bit, I'll close this. Vinnie, you may want to copy the discs in the first post of this thread to the first post in the new one if you haven't already.

Doc

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Closed Thread Dual Format Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page