Originally Posted by bumboola
Considering the Decco is no longer available at the website in any finish it must be an upgraded Decco.
Would love to hear some info about it....
Okay Guys...You're the first to hear details...
The D2 is an upgrade in almost every way. We did take the power down to 40wpc, but the upgrades more than make up for the 10wpc you lose.
The upgrades are as follows:
1. Class A pre-out
2. Class A fixed out for use as a stand-alone switchable DAC (The Decco had no fixed line out)
3. Class A Headphone section
4. ESS Sabre DAC (w/11 regulated power supplies)
5. Better volume control (Tracks more linear)
6. Transformer coupled digital inputs
7. Home Theater by-pass
We think it will be between $850-$900 (est) and will be here late summer.
The D2 will still have only 3 digital in (USB, CO-AX, Toslink) and two analog as the Decco has now.
We learned much on the original Decco and felt the need to push the envelope as much as possible...
Hope you all approve,