Peachtree Audio - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 2037 Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstone001 View Post

David,

I've had the Decco for about a year. I'm far from an Audiophile, but it sounds great streaming my iTunes through a Airport Express and to Totem speakers.

My only complaint about it is the remote -- you really have to have good aim. (And the default to usb when the unit is turned on -- I don't use the usb input, so it's an unnecessary step.)

I wish I could afford to upgrade to the Nova when it comes out. But keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Hi DStone,
You are right. The remote was not the greatest to say the least.
And even with the best intentions, ramping the volume down during turn on was not the best move.
We didn't specify the USB being the default, but we didn't specify otherwise, so this was just the way it was built.

Even with these annoying issues, the Decco will always hold a special place in my heart and I still love the way it sounds.
None of these issues are present in the Nova. We live, we learn, we build... Hopefully always improved over the one we built before.

Thanks for the input. Noted and applied.

David
Era Design is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 2037 Old 03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Dstone001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDeveloperDave View Post

I am hoping the Decco 2 can drive a pair of Era D5s and get a reasonable volume in a room that is 16x22. Looks like I'll have to wait longer than I wanted for the Decco 2....

For what it's worth, I use the Decco with a pair of Totem Hawks in a room about that size and they're more than loud enough.
Dstone001 is offline  
post #63 of 2037 Old 03-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Member
 
SWDeveloperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstone001 View Post

For what it's worth, I use the Decco with a pair of Totem Hawks in a room about that size and they're more than loud enough.

The Era D5s are not "efficient" and the Decco2 has 20% less power than Decco1. So this may be comparing apples with oranges, but I don't know, only David Solomon knows for sure...
SWDeveloperDave is offline  
post #64 of 2037 Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDeveloperDave View Post

The Era D5s are not "efficient" and the Decco2 has 20% less power than Decco1. So this may be comparing apples with oranges, but I don't know, only David Solomon knows for sure...

Dave, You're right (except, I don't know for sure until I hear).
The D5 is only 86dB and the Decco 2 is 40wpc... The original Decco didn't have a problem @ 50wpc but we'll have to see how the D2 does in real life.

It should still work fine, but just not to high levels.

Once again, we'll see...

Best wishes,
David
Era Design is offline  
post #65 of 2037 Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Member
 
SWDeveloperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I am sure they can drive the volumes to the levels my wife considers acceptable, but maybe not to volumes I enjoy...

I'll have to wait and see.

I have wondered whether adding in the Sub10 would help out with this.

I just checked the Era site, the Sub10 is no longer listed, just the Sub8. My understanding was the Sub10 was better for music listening, which is my focus for this room. Has the Sub10 been dropped, or is it being replaced? Sorry, I understand this is a forum focused on Nova, I am not trying to turn this into an Era speaker discussion...
SWDeveloperDave is offline  
post #66 of 2037 Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDeveloperDave View Post

Yeah, I am sure they can drive the volumes to the levels my wife considers acceptable, but maybe not to volumes I enjoy...

I'll have to wait and see.

I have wondered whether adding in the Sub10 would help out with this.

I just checked the Era site, the Sub10 is no longer listed, just the Sub8. My understanding was the Sub10 was better for music listening, which is my focus for this room. Has the Sub10 been dropped, or is it being replaced? Sorry, I understand this is a forum focused on Nova, I am not trying to turn this into an Era speaker discussion...

Hi Dave,
Yes, the sub 10 is gone, but we are looking to replace it later this year.
David
Era Design is offline  
post #67 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Newbie
 
purplesaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Era Design View Post

1

David,

Thanks for posting the picture of your set-up. With the Nova/D5 system you have for your own use do you add a sub to it? (I couldn't tell if there's a sub there in the corner of your room!) Again, I am looking for something just for music. A sub may add more than my budget will allow right now, but it would be good to know how much it would add to the sound quality (I can add one later if I know that it would significantly bump the quality of the music).

The D5s do get a lot of nice write-ups on the web -- that may be the way I lean when I get a Decco (or Nova). I can get them all in Rosewood -- that should look real nice!

If I can ask another newbie question: is there much difference with the D5s on a desktop/media table vs. speaker stands? Can they be close to a wall or do they need a certain amount of space?
purplesaber is offline  
post #68 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Newbie
 
Jeff Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi David,

If I use the Nova as a DAC/Pre only, will the amplifier stay off? I'm in a heat-sensitive area, so I need to use a Class D amp, and I want to make sure I can keep the Nova cool.

Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Strain is offline  
post #69 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Newbie
 
Jeff Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm planning to use a Nova in my bedroom A/V system which includes music sources (Apple TV) as well as video (PS3 and Xbox 360).

I have two speakers mounted over the bed so that I can listen at low volume. Since I don't have a 5.1 setup, a huge, hot A/V receiver seems like overkill. My plan is to use the Nova via digital inputs to switch and drive audio, and an external HDMI switcher to switch the video, and avoid the A/V receiver completely.

I'm assuming I'll have to configure the game consoles to output PCM over the audio, rather than bitstream, since there is no Dolby decoder in the mix.

Any reason this setup wouldn't work (and sound substantially superior for music)?

Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Strain is offline  
post #70 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesaber View Post

David,

Thanks for posting the picture of your set-up. With the Nova/D5 system you have for your own use do you add a sub to it? (I couldn't tell if there's a sub there in the corner of your room!) Again, I am looking for something just for music. A sub may add more than my budget will allow right now, but it would be good to know how much it would add to the sound quality (I can add one later if I know that it would significantly bump the quality of the music).

If I can ask another newbie question: is there much difference with the D5s on a desktop/media table vs. speaker stands? Can they be close to a wall or do they need a certain amount of space?

Hi PS,
Yes, I do have a sub 10 in the corner to capture that last octave, but the D5's on their own do a great job before the last octave. Many prior posts will verify this. They have plenty of fundamental bass and good punch as well.

I like stands better, no doubt! The Sanus 26" Ultimate Foundation are my personal fav's in $/performance catagory...
They're on the credenza because it all matches and looks "real pretty" ...and this is how I sold it to my wife.... If you pull them to the front of the credenza, they sound really good... But this is a really heavy, thick piece. Most are not as heavy and all, heavy or light will add some resonances and standing waves somewhere. So it's a compromise to a degree and when I feel like it, I grab the stands and make a night of it.
Having said this, I am writing from a purest point of view..most who hear the system w/ speakers on credenza are quite impressed.

Sorry so long winded and hope this helps,
David Solomon
Era Design is offline  
post #71 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Strain View Post

Hi David,

If I use the Nova as a DAC/Pre only, will the amplifier stay off? I'm in a heat-sensitive area, so I need to use a Class D amp, and I want to make sure I can keep the Nova cool.

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, the amp sits in idle when using the unit as a pre/dac. Heat should not be an issue in a tight space. I would still give 1" above though.
Best wishes,
David Solomon
Era Design is offline  
post #72 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Strain View Post

Hi all,

I'm planning to use a Nova in my bedroom A/V system which includes music sources (Apple TV) as well as video (PS3 and Xbox 360).

I'm assuming I'll have to configure the game consoles to output PCM over the audio, rather than bitstream, since there is no Dolby decoder in the mix.

Any reason this setup wouldn't work (and sound substantially superior for music)?

Thanks.

Jeff

No reason at all... You're correct about the PCM out a well.
Best wishes,
David Solomon
Era Design is offline  
post #73 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Member
 
SWDeveloperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PurpleSaber,
I auditioned the D5s with the current Decco. That setup sounded very nice. But then I added the Sub10. For the material I was listening to, it REALLY enhanced the experience. Subs tend to evoke an emotional response out of me and many others I have spoken with. It takes the music to a whole other level, assuming there is a good bass signal in the music. To me, getting a Decco 2 with D5 and sub should result in much better listening than the Nova and D5s without the sub. Depending on the price of the new Decco2 and Sub10s, the additional cost relative to the benefit makes it worth it, to me.
SWDeveloperDave is offline  
post #74 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDeveloperDave View Post

PurpleSaber,
I auditioned the D5s with the current Decco. That setup sounded very nice. But then I added the Sub10. For the material I was listening to, it REALLY enhanced the experience. Subs tend to evoke an emotional response out of me and many others I have spoken with. It takes the music to a whole other level, assuming there is a good bass signal in the music. To me, getting a Decco 2 with D5 and sub should result in much better listening than the Nova and D5s without the sub. Depending on the price of the new Decco2 and Sub10s, the additional cost relative to the benefit makes it worth it, to me.

Me too...No argument here.. I like it in this room a lot.
But for many rooms I've heard and set up...the D5 by itself is more than fine. At RMAF, I can't even use a sub.
So much of your overall sound "always" comes down to your specific acoustic environment. In 30 yrs, I have found few acoustic absolutes.
Best wishes,
David Solomon
Era Design is offline  
post #75 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Newbie
 
purplesaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDeveloperDave View Post

PurpleSaber,
I auditioned the D5s with the current Decco. That setup sounded very nice. But then I added the Sub10. For the material I was listening to, it REALLY enhanced the experience. Subs tend to evoke an emotional response out of me and many others I have spoken with. It takes the music to a whole other level, assuming there is a good bass signal in the music. To me, getting a Decco 2 with D5 and sub should result in much better listening than the Nova and D5s without the sub. Depending on the price of the new Decco2 and Sub10s, the additional cost relative to the benefit makes it worth it, to me.

Thanks for the advice! That makes a lot of sense.

Now the biggest problem is waiting for the Nova/Decco2/sub10 to come out so I can decide and build a great music system!
purplesaber is offline  
post #76 of 2037 Old 03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Newbie
 
purplesaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Era Design View Post

Hi PS,
Yes, I do have a sub 10 in the corner to capture that last octave, but the D5's on their own do a great job before the last octave. Many prior posts will verify this. They have plenty of fundamental bass and good punch as well.

I like stands better, no doubt! The Sanus 26" Ultimate Foundation are my personal fav's in $/performance catagory...
They're on the credenza because it all matches and looks "real pretty" ...and this is how I sold it to my wife.... If you pull them to the front of the credenza, they sound really good... But this is a really heavy, thick piece. Most are not as heavy and all, heavy or light will add some resonances and standing waves somewhere. So it's a compromise to a degree and when I feel like it, I grab the stands and make a night of it.
Having said this, I am writing from a purest point of view..most who hear the system w/ speakers on credenza are quite impressed.

Sorry so long winded and hope this helps,
David Solomon

David,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. It's been very helpful! I'm looking forward to the new models coming out.
purplesaber is offline  
post #77 of 2037 Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Newbie
 
jollybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi David,

I too (like Bill Mac earlier) am very interested an a preamp/DAC only version of your product - and I thought that since you're doing some great work to reset expectations about what is possible in affordable but awesome quality products, I hope you consider adding another feature that's not normally included in high quality preamps or integrateds - and that feature is tone controls or an EQ.

Of course this EQ capability must be defeatable, but I can say that I have so much source material that really needs EQ to be listenable. It's frustrating that with rare exceptions, the only products to add EQ are really highend specialty or mid-fi garbage.

I'd suppose that you could implement EQ digitally and so wouldn't alter sound quality other than to the extent of the actual waveform manipulations.

If you could pull this off, you'd have yet another reason for folks to zero in on your product. Not only great sound - but a highly desired feature that rarely exists in other products.

Personally, I'll be using this coming product most likely with a Mac. I don't have it yet, but will likely be getting one soon (MacMini, maybe a MacPro or MacBook Pro). I mention this in case you're aware of any Mac-based software EQ or other external (Firewire, USB) processors that can do high quality EQ for a reasonable price - and also that don't constrain playback to specific applications (i.e. I want all sounds coming from the computer to be EQ'd - and not just those from a specific program - this is why it would be so nice if you built the EQ into your coming Pre/DAC). Again, I see lots of lowend or extremely high-end products, but nothing I'd consider for purchase.

So thanks again for the wonderful offerings so far - and I look forward to your answers and coming products!

-Bob
jollybob is offline  
post #78 of 2037 Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Member
 
TKYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a Decco and it's a great little amp but like the other guy mentioned the remote issue bothers me. Also the gain on this thing is a major issue. I don't like the automatic switch to USB/Volume down when powering on, but that isn't a huge issue for me.
I'm still within my 30 days so I guess I will see if the sound of this thing, which i love out weighs the issues.
TKYR1967 is offline  
post #79 of 2037 Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollybob View Post

Hi David,

I hope you consider adding another feature that's not normally included in high quality preamps or integrateds - and that feature is tone controls or an EQ.

EQ for a reasonable price - and also that don't constrain playback to specific applications (i.e. I want all sounds coming from the computer to be EQ'd - and not just those from a specific program - this is why it would be so nice if you built the EQ into your coming Pre/DAC).
-Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the post as I'm sure a lot of people wonder why we don't have even a simple Bass and Treble control. The simple answer is that it costs more and takes your signal through two more pods or through a splitter for bypass. I guess that's the bad news for some. And good news for others.

As for eq's, I've seen hundreds set up over the past 30-35 years and very few were set up right. However, some speakers need EQ just to get to a flat response or flat response in the room they're in. But most people tend to EQ songs.

So onto the potentially good news and maybe a bit of advice. Most music management systems have their own internal eq that can be assigned to different songs. i.e. Where one song may require a little bass boost, but if you use this same boost on Bela Fleck "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo", you're likely to blow your wooofers... At best, if you EQ everything and you're dealing w/a good recording, you're just adding distortion.

So when you say you want "everything" coming out of the computer eq'ed, I can almost promise you don't.

On the songs that do need eq and you're willing to take the time, you can eq the songs that need it individually with these programs. (iTunes, Windows Media)

Take in to account that I don't know what speakers you're using and if they do or do not need EQ to get them flat, or if you have a specific EQ need for your room from standing waves of one sort or another. Either way, if you really need one, I suggest using the one you have built in to the programs.

Hope this helps,
David
Era Design is offline  
post #80 of 2037 Old 03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Era Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKYR1967 View Post

I just purchased a Decco and it's a great little amp but like the other guy mentioned the remote issue bothers me. Also the gain on this thing is a major issue. I don't like the automatic switch to USB/Volume down when powering on, but that isn't a huge issue for me.

Noted and applied!
On all product going forward including the Nova,
the remote is very good and you don't have to be a sharp-shooter. The volume control is better and tracks well and has lower gain.
The volume no longer ramps down and the input will no longer default to USB...

Thanks for the feedback as we're always on the road to constant improvement and we do listen!

Best wishes,
David Solomon
Era Design is offline  
post #81 of 2037 Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Newbie
 
c_thur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just unpacked my Decco last night. I was trying to really hold out for a Decco2 for the Sabre, but I guess I'll trade up later. Haven't even had a chance to fire it up yet - I haven't made my cables yet.

I did notice that the volume knob was a little twangy. Sounds like it's using a plastic string to connect knob, motor and pot? An old JVC that I used to have made the same noise, when the joint holding the 2 ends of the tuning string used to ride over the pulley. Not a complaint, just a question; I like to guess how things are put together.

Driving home I did start to ponder about bi-amping using the Decco as the pre-amp and high-amp. Then I was crestfallen as I realized that it doesn't have a power-amp in jack. Then I was happy again when I realized that I can't active bi-amp anyway, the speakers still have their passive crossovers.

I'm going to try and passive bi-amp my RTiA3s with the Decco pre and feeding the highs with the pre-amp outs feeding my NAD's power amp in going to the lows.

I'm sure I'll be preening and playing with this for a while, trying various setups.

Chris
c_thur is offline  
post #82 of 2037 Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 42
The Decco was a great unit, looks like this one will be even better... The good thing is the unit isn't too tough on the pocket book. I would be curious on what the new Pre/Amp will look like and or sound like...
Garman is online now  
post #83 of 2037 Old 03-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Member
 
Dstone001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you're in Manhattan, I believe that David Solomon is going to be at Stereo Exchange, Broadway, just below Bleeker, on Tuesday afternoon, to discuss the new Nova.
Dstone001 is offline  
post #84 of 2037 Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Member
 
djn2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstone001 View Post

If you're in Manhattan, I believe that David Solomon is going to be at Stereo Exchange, Broadway, just below Bleeker, on Tuesday afternoon, to discuss the new Nova.

The only question I have is when is this thing coming out?
djn2004 is offline  
post #85 of 2037 Old 03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Member
 
Dstone001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think he may have one to demo at the store.

(P.s., I'm not being cheeky here, and I have no connection with the store. I was in on Saturday and the salesman who sold me my Decco said that Solomon would be there on Tuesday, and I think, but can't quite remember, if he said that Solomon was bringing a Nova demo unit.)
Dstone001 is offline  
post #86 of 2037 Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Member
 
SWDeveloperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DStone001,
I was anxious to hear today whether you heard the Nova on Tuesday at the store...
SWDeveloperDave is offline  
post #87 of 2037 Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Djoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Wish I would have know before today, might have taken the N train to Prince St. and check out the Nova..
That's where I first heard the Decco I was very impress by the sq on that little thing with some Totem speakers.

DJoel
Djoel is offline  
post #88 of 2037 Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Member
 
Dstone001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDeveloperDave View Post

DStone001,
I was anxious to hear today whether you heard the Nova on Tuesday at the store...

I got caught up at work and wasn't able to get to the store. I'm planning to call the store later today to see if there is a release date. Now the question is, having bought a Decco 1.5 years ago for $800, do I want to switch out for a Nova? There is a recession an all that.
Dstone001 is offline  
post #89 of 2037 Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Newbie
 
purplesaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So is the Nova released yet? Looks like from the Signalpath website it's not, but did have an estimate of March for availability.
purplesaber is offline  
post #90 of 2037 Old 04-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Member
 
bumboola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
David, any plans for a smaller integrated amp/dac combo? The current units are too large for desktop use and with a smaller footprint you could tap into a greater audience of computer audiophiles.
bumboola is offline  
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off