Peachtree Audio - Page 68 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2011 of 2024 Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks for the reply - Jason emailed me an RA and it's on its way in now for a tuneup.  I'm waiting for some of the new B&W 686s to come in to my local shop to set it up with, so I've got a few days I can bear to be without it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2024 Old 04-22-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Got an itch to replace the Emotiva XPA-5 amp. I am starting to use the system more for music listening. Looking at the Peachtree 220 to integrate into my old AVR. i want a small footprint and nice looking box rolleyes.gif I will get a new AVR in the near future with HDMI 2.0.

Peachtree amp good match with the Kef LS50?

Kef spec:

• Crossover frequencies: 2.2kHz
• Frequency response (±3dB): 79Hz - 28 kHz
• Frequency range (-6dB): 47Hz - 45kHz
• Maximum output (SPL): 106dB
• Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 85dB
• Amp Requirements: 25-100w
• Nominal impedance: 8Ω (min. 3.2Ω)

Thanks.
tractng
post #2013 of 2024 Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 PM

Liked: 12

For what it is worth, the Nova i125 is driving my KEF LS 50's beautifully.

I am thinking about hooking up a 220 on the end purely for power and yes I already have enough power for casual listening!

Perhaps i just want more power to handle dynamics but having said that this kit is way better than you would believe at this price point. Only way is to try it.

I think the DAC is fine  and the pre amp stage via the aux is very impressive indeed.

tractng and JonDerda like this.
post #2014 of 2024 Old 04-26-2014, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Thank you for your first post. I know a forum member on the LS50 thread has your combo too.
post #2015 of 2024 Old 05-11-2014, 06:38 PM

Considering buying the Nova Pre/220 combo and I've done a few searches but haven't found much. Any issues going with these? In particular any of the humming issues I've been reading about? I've read the customer service is great and can't go wrong but this is going to be with me for a long time. Any thoughts? I will be plugging these into Sonus Faber Venere 2.0's. Thanks guys!

post #2016 of 2024 Old 05-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDerda View Post

The KEFs would actually be a bit more difficult to drive with a decco65. Ultimately how much power you need comes down to speakers sensitivity, the distance from the speakers to where you're doing you're listening, and how hard you like to rock.

The Monitor Silver 6 are rated at 90dB 1W/1M, they're 3dB more efficient than the KEFs. To give you a rough idea, if you were to play the Monitors at 100dB measured from 3 meters away you'd need 90 watts. To play the KEFs at the same volume you'd need 180 watts!

Real world, the decco65 drives speakers with a 90dB sensitivity spec or higher very nicely. Speakers in the mid-80s usually need the nova125.
thanks again for the reply. I ordered a nova125 to go with a pair of kef r500s. I looked at the emotiva amps and they are good bang for buck but the nova125 really hits the sweet spot in terms of power, digital connectivity, and high WAF.

For you digital music guys, I am planning on using an airport express connected to the nova125 via optical. I know spotify does high bitrate streaming but was wondering what others have been using for digital music source to their peachtree amps?
post #2017 of 2024 Old 05-14-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisindahouse View Post

Considering buying the Nova Pre/220 combo and I've done a few searches but haven't found much. Any issues going with these? In particular any of the humming issues I've been reading about? I've read the customer service is great and can't go wrong but this is going to be with me for a long time. Any thoughts? I will be plugging these into Sonus Faber Venere 2.0's. Thanks guys!

Hi Kris-
The hums we've heard about are usually ground loops caused by the RF feed to cable boxes and can be resolved with coax isolation transformers.
post #2018 of 2024 Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

I am planning on using an airport express connected to the nova125 via optical. I know spotify does high bitrate streaming but was wondering what others have been using for digital music source to their peachtree amps?

We recommend the AppleTV for Airplay streaming. Unfortunately a lot of people have experienced drop outs and audible clicks when connecting the Express to a DAC due to timing errors on its digital output.

FWIW, most of us at Peachtree switched to Spotify after MOG was acquired by Beats. The latest version of the Spotify app is pretty sweet.
post #2019 of 2024 Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Ah interesting. I think I read somewhere that appletv resamples to 48khz. Does this introduce any noticeable audio quality issues?
post #2020 of 2024 Old 05-14-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Ah interesting. I think I read somewhere that appletv resamples to 48khz. Does this introduce any noticeable audio quality issues?

No quality issues at all.
post #2021 of 2024 Old 05-14-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I picked up an AppleTV when I bought my Nova125, as well, and it's been a great match. I highly recommend downloading the "remote" app to your phone (assuming you have a smart phone), cause it really offers nice functionality.
JonDerda likes this.
post #2022 of 2024 Old 05-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDerda View Post

We recommend the AppleTV for Airplay streaming. Unfortunately a lot of people have experienced drop outs and audible clicks when connecting the Express to a DAC due to timing errors on its digital output.

FWIW, most of us at Peachtree switched to Spotify after MOG was acquired by Beats. The latest version of the Spotify app is pretty sweet.
well I can confirm that my airport express with newest firmware is skipping like crazy also. Disappointing but I will just get an appletv.

I love the nova125, very attractive and the rosewood finish matches my rosewood kef r500s perfectly.

Thanks for such an awesome product guys!

post #2023 of 2024 Old 07-05-2014, 02:21 AM

Anybody have a chance to try out the new SE versions? Curious about the headphone amp changes.....or maybe the differences are too small.
post #2024 of 2024 Old Today, 04:17 AM

Liked: 17
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisindahouse View Post
No issues with mine. Definitely a great value and sounds awesome driving my Salks. I highly recommend it.

As far as streaming goes, the ATV works great, but I found I enjoy using the Oppo BDP103 a bit more. That, coupled with Jriver, and it's a serious winner. So easy and works flawlessly. Hell, I can even connect an external HD to a smart router and Jriver picks it up, loads the library and sends it to the Oppo. This can all be done with my laptop, or one of many DLNA apps on my smartphone. It's amazing how convenient and easy it is, not to mention it sounds superb.

I want to know more about this new DAC (Jon, or Jason)! I might have to replace my NovaPre with this piece. Very exciting!
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page