Peachtree Audio - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2071 of 2120 Old 01-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
As far as I can tell on my nova125, the tube makes a pretty light.

If you put a gun to my head I couldn't for my life tell you if it's on or off
But what a pretty light
10k and Em84 like this.
Rahul Sangole is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2072 of 2120 Old 01-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
As far as I can tell on my nova125, the tube makes a pretty light.

If you put a gun to my head I couldn't for my life tell you if it's on or off
Haha I would have to agree with this regarding the tube.

Also as you say above Rahul, I've never had to go past 8 o'clock on the volume knob. The max I've gone to was 9 o'clock and that was for a low volume album.

I'm surprised at the few reviews of Peachtree too. But the few reviews out there are very highly positive (for good reason!).

Fanastic grip and timing on fast music. Allows me to enjoy the music rather than think about the specs of all the gear!

Cheers :-)

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2073 of 2120 Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
How do you guys connect to the peachtree? I need a streamer of some sort; I'm thinking Bluesound or the Sonos. What would you recommend? 95% of my music is Spotify Premium. The rest is Amazon Music and Youtube.
Rahul Sangole is offline  
post #2074 of 2120 Old 01-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Sangole View Post
How do you guys connect to the peachtree? I need a streamer of some sort; I'm thinking Bluesound or the Sonos. What would you recommend? 95% of my music is Spotify Premium. The rest is Amazon Music and Youtube.
I Airplay music and vide (like Youtube) from my iPad to my Apple TV 3rd Gen.

If you're not in the Apple world (iPhone, iPad etc) then the Google Chromecast works in the same way and just as well, from an Android phone or tablet.

The old Chromecast and even the Nexus Player have HDMI out. If you have an Oppo 103 or 105, you can have coaxial audio out from the Oppo into the Peachtree.

The new Chromecast Audio is works with just optical audio out - check out the latest post on Peachtree's Facebook page :-)

But I like the Apple TV because it has both HDMI out and optical out. So HDMI goes straight to the TV and optical straight into my 220SE.

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3

Last edited by Em84; 01-17-2016 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Mistake
Em84 is offline  
post #2075 of 2120 Old 01-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
So I have to retract what I said about the tube. After some dedicated time spent with the amp, I can 100% tell if the tube is on or off now. The tube definitely rounds off the higher frequencies, and makes the sound a bit warmer. I actually did not prefer this. I liked the sound without the tube in 90% of the cases. Only in a few songs did I find that the tube actually tightened the bass.
Em84 likes this.
Rahul Sangole is offline  
post #2076 of 2120 Old 01-18-2016, 12:28 PM
10k
AVS Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,940
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Sangole View Post
How do you guys connect to the peachtree? I need a streamer of some sort; I'm thinking Bluesound or the Sonos. What would you recommend? 95% of my music is Spotify Premium. The rest is Amazon Music and Youtube.
I use an AppleTV and stream to it from ipad/iphone. I actually reclaimed an old ipad air I had and it serves dedicated music streaming duty.

I started out using an airport express but the optical audio was choppy when connected to the peachtree, appletv didnt have the problem.

It works pretty well overall, however I do prefer listening to records via my Marantz TT15 S1
Em84 likes this.

Calibrated settings for: Sony x930d (update: 4/8/16) | LG 65EF9500
4k60hz fanless HTPC build
10k is offline  
post #2077 of 2120 Old 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Newbie
 
lalelala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to lalelala
Greetings to everyone ,

I currently live in Serbia and I plan to move in October in Dallas ,TX

My setup consists of KORATO KTA-100 solid state power amp 100 W /8 Ohm 200 W /4 Ohm and KORATO KVP-10 preamp with TUBE stage and Spendor A6R and I plan to buy Peachtree Nova 220se .

Korato and Spendors sounds great but Korato does not work on 110V and it is too heavy to transport over the world . I can sold KORATO for the good amount of money and buy Nova 220se in Hungary ... I will enjoy in this new gear few monts and on the end of the year i will put them in the plane and brought them in USA .

Does anyone have any experience how to work this combination of Spendor and nova 220se ?

My music source will be laptop (Asus Zenbook UX501 ) connected over USB or USB/Spdif .

I prefer Spotify and jazz music ...

Thanks in advance .
lalelala is offline  
post #2078 of 2120 Old 01-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Newbie
 
lalelala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to lalelala
Nova 220SE with Spendor A6r

Greetings to everyone ,

I currently live in Serbia and I plan to move in October in Dallas ,TX

My setup consists of KORATO KTA-100 solid state power amp 100 W /8 Ohm 200 W /4 Ohm and KORATO KVP-10 preamp with TUBE stage and Spendor A6R and I plan to buy Peachtree Nova 220se .

Korato and Spendors sounds great but Korato does not work on 110V and it is too heavy to transport over the world . I can sold KORATO for the good amount of money and buy Nova 220se in Hungary ... I will enjoy in this new gear few monts and on the end of the year i will put them in the plane and brought them in USA .


Does anyone have any experience how to work this combination of Spendor and nova 220se ?

My music source will be laptop (Asus Zenbook UX501 ) connected over USB or USB/Spdif .

I prefer Spotify and jazz music ...

Thanks in advance .
lalelala is offline  
post #2079 of 2120 Old 01-30-2016, 05:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Auditioning Peachtree's new SonaDAC and SonaAmp

Greetings .........I am new to the forum.

I have been auditioning the new Peachtree Sona Amp/DAC pair, for about a week. Is there anyone else auditioning this new gear that would be willing to share observations/thoughts/questions? I am auditioning the peachtree gear with a new pair of KEF LS150's.

Thanks...........
Blockhead53 is offline  
post #2080 of 2120 Old 01-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead53 View Post
Greetings .........I am new to the forum.

I have been auditioning the new Peachtree Sona Amp/DAC pair, for about a week. Is there anyone else auditioning this new gear that would be willing to share observations/thoughts/questions? I am auditioning the peachtree gear with a new pair of KEF LS150's.

Thanks...........
Hi mate. The new amps aren't yet available where I am but I'd love to get your thoughts.

Especially since I previously owned the LS50's with a Peachtree 125SE and thought it was a fantastic combo.

Please feel free to share your thoughts! :-)

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2081 of 2120 Old 01-30-2016, 11:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Early Feedback on the new Sona gear.

Em84,

Sure……...here are some early thoughts on the amps. Keep in mind that I have these is in a
home office medium size bedroom. I am nowhere near a professional reviewer, so here goes...

Love the form factor. Small enough for desktop use and all controls and I/O's appear to be well designed. The units look great, with a classy, retro styling. Fit and finish are excellent.

There are some interesting features to the DAC. I haven't tried the balanced I/O yet. There is a “filter”
button on the rear of the unit that gives the option of “flat or smooth” digital/analog conversion. There is an audible difference, where the high frequencies are smoother and less clinical on the “smooth” setting. So far, I prefer the smooth setting. There is also a button for playback for music files exceeding 96kHz. Haven't fooled with this yet.

Performance so far, is blowing me away in these areas…….Soundstage!, its huge with good depth, no drift. The detail is considerable, which I prefer. Not too forgiving of lesser quality recordings. You can thank the LS50's for a part of this. Voices sound real, rich and smooth especially in the mid frequencies, both men and woman. Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks, comes across neither too warm nor clinical. Eva Cassidy, Nightbird Album, Over the Rainbow, is amazing. Her vocal range and styling is presented so well. In a word, the voices are convincing. So follows the rest of the music. Low's are tight with good balance considering the speaker's range. A couple of Patricia Barbers' cuts, show off the considerable low end power and control these units have. The mids are just a bomb! You just have to hear this. At this price point, I am just amazed. Plenty of power for my uses, and I have played these way louder than I normally listen. Interestingly enough, these sound quite good and detailed at low volumes, when my wife is asleep. I was listening to Pink Floyd's, Wish you were here, and then on to Ushers', Good Kisser, then on to a bunch of Tom Waits cuts. All good. These units like to be played loud! In my room, and to my ears, these units sound many times larger, more involving, and more convincing than I had hoped.

That brings me to an area, where I just need to do more listening, perhaps some room sound conditioning will be involved. On some recordings the high frequencies sound just a bit forward, or a hair louder. But this only occurs at certain volumes. Pump it up, and the high's seem to smooth out. That could be my room or perhaps speaker placement. Some of Bob Dylan's cuts and Dee Dee Bridgewater, on her Live At Oshis CD, show this...to be clear, most of my music listening has not shown this trait. Otherwise, well balanced………

More to come, but so far, I am impressed. Feel no need to spend more coin. These units Rock! I haven't tried the headphone or turntable features yet. Unfortunately, I no longer have a reference system, so take all this feedback, with that in mind. You will have to judge for yourself. In a previous life, I spent considerable money on “Class A” stereo gear. These units will not compare, but the gap is not as large as one might think. I'm thinking over 90% of the sound, especially in a smaller environment, for a fraction of the money, and way good enough for my aged ears.

Cheers!
Blockhead53 is offline  
post #2082 of 2120 Old 01-31-2016, 12:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead53 View Post
Em84,

Sure……...here are some early thoughts on the amps. Keep in mind that I have these is in a
home office medium size bedroom. I am nowhere near a professional reviewer, so here goes...

Love the form factor. Small enough for desktop use and all controls and I/O's appear to be well designed. The units look great, with a classy, retro styling. Fit and finish are excellent.

There are some interesting features to the DAC. I haven't tried the balanced I/O yet. There is a “filter”
button on the rear of the unit that gives the option of “flat or smooth” digital/analog conversion. There is an audible difference, where the high frequencies are smoother and less clinical on the “smooth” setting. So far, I prefer the smooth setting. There is also a button for playback for music files exceeding 96kHz. Haven't fooled with this yet.

Performance so far, is blowing me away in these areas…….Soundstage!, its huge with good depth, no drift. The detail is considerable, which I prefer. Not too forgiving of lesser quality recordings. You can thank the LS50's for a part of this. Voices sound real, rich and smooth especially in the mid frequencies, both men and woman. Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks, comes across neither too warm nor clinical. Eva Cassidy, Nightbird Album, Over the Rainbow, is amazing. Her vocal range and styling is presented so well. In a word, the voices are convincing. So follows the rest of the music. Low's are tight with good balance considering the speaker's range. A couple of Patricia Barbers' cuts, show off the considerable low end power and control these units have. The mids are just a bomb! You just have to hear this. At this price point, I am just amazed. Plenty of power for my uses, and I have played these way louder than I normally listen. Interestingly enough, these sound quite good and detailed at low volumes, when my wife is asleep. I was listening to Pink Floyd's, Wish you were here, and then on to Ushers', Good Kisser, then on to a bunch of Tom Waits cuts. All good. These units like to be played loud! In my room, and to my ears, these units sound many times larger, more involving, and more convincing than I had hoped.

That brings me to an area, where I just need to do more listening, perhaps some room sound conditioning will be involved. On some recordings the high frequencies sound just a bit forward, or a hair louder. But this only occurs at certain volumes. Pump it up, and the high's seem to smooth out. That could be my room or perhaps speaker placement. Some of Bob Dylan's cuts and Dee Dee Bridgewater, on her Live At Oshis CD, show this...to be clear, most of my music listening has not shown this trait. Otherwise, well balanced………

More to come, but so far, I am impressed. Feel no need to spend more coin. These units Rock! I haven't tried the headphone or turntable features yet. Unfortunately, I no longer have a reference system, so take all this feedback, with that in mind. You will have to judge for yourself. In a previous life, I spent considerable money on “Class A” stereo gear. These units will not compare, but the gap is not as large as one might think. I'm thinking over 90% of the sound, especially in a smaller environment, for a fraction of the money, and way good enough for my aged ears.

Cheers!
Hi mate.

Firstly, congrats on writing up possibly the very first review of the Sona range!

Secondly, well done on a great write-up.

Out of interest, what is the turntable feature? From the limited info out there, I thought the Sona DAC only had digital inputs?

Would love to know if you're considering trialling the 220se at any stage, with your LS50's? I have the 220se at the moment and would love to know if there are any significant sonic differences.

Of course, as soon as I'm able to demo the Sona range I will definitely be trying it out myself too! It's not yet available where I am though.

Cheers mate!

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2083 of 2120 Old 01-31-2016, 02:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em84 View Post
Hi mate.

Firstly, congrats on writing up possibly the very first review of the Sona range!

Secondly, well done on a great write-up.

Out of interest, what is the turntable feature? From the limited info out there, I thought the Sona DAC only had digital inputs?

Would love to know if you're considering trialling the 220se at any stage, with your LS50's? I have the 220se at the moment and would love to know if there are any significant sonic differences.

Of course, as soon as I'm able to demo the Sona range I will definitely be trying it out myself too! It's not yet available where I am though.

Cheers mate!
Em 84, Hi There.

First off, thanks for the kind words. Secondly, my bad! No analog inputs, you are correct. I had previously auditioned the PS Audio Sprout and its integrated phono input was of interest and still in my memory.

I have not heard the 220se, but I did spend a few days with the Nova 125se, I had ordered the 220se, but the salesman sent me out with the wrong model. The shorter story..............I read about the new Sona series and just went that way, mostly because of the smaller form factor, and what I read about an upgraded DAC chip.........."ESS 9018K2M". My expertise stops here! I am not able to talk intelligently about DAC chips. My encounter with the 125se, was too short for any judgement. If memory serves my right, I would rate the Sona DAC just a hint smoother in the highs.

I'm kind of liking the idea of a seperate amp, as it give me some future upgrade options.

All in all, I am left curious regarding the 220se, and how it would sound with the 150's. I just may try it out.

BTW, the Sona DAC has a motorized volume control, which can be bypassed from the signal path. I'm just trying that out now. The amps are very, very quiet.

I'm not a big county fan, but I've just been listening to the Chris Stapleton, Traveller Album. Check out the cut "Whiskey and You", if you might, and let me know what you think with your 220se.

Cheers, and thanks again for the feedback.

J
Blockhead53 is offline  
post #2084 of 2120 Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead53 View Post
Em 84, Hi There.

First off, thanks for the kind words. Secondly, my bad! No analog inputs, you are correct. I had previously auditioned the PS Audio Sprout and its integrated phono input was of interest and still in my memory.

I have not heard the 220se, but I did spend a few days with the Nova 125se, I had ordered the 220se, but the salesman sent me out with the wrong model. The shorter story..............I read about the new Sona series and just went that way, mostly because of the smaller form factor, and what I read about an upgraded DAC chip.........."ESS 9018K2M". My expertise stops here! I am not able to talk intelligently about DAC chips. My encounter with the 125se, was too short for any judgement. If memory serves my right, I would rate the Sona DAC just a hint smoother in the highs.

I'm kind of liking the idea of a seperate amp, as it give me some future upgrade options.

All in all, I am left curious regarding the 220se, and how it would sound with the 150's. I just may try it out.

BTW, the Sona DAC has a motorized volume control, which can be bypassed from the signal path. I'm just trying that out now. The amps are very, very quiet.

I'm not a big county fan, but I've just been listening to the Chris Stapleton, Traveller Album. Check out the cut "Whiskey and You", if you might, and let me know what you think with your 220se.

Cheers, and thanks again for the feedback.

J
Hi again mate

"Whiskey and You" sounded fantastic ! Great song.

To be honest, I would recommend you don't get too deep into the DAC chip debate. I've learnt the hard way that the overall implementation and other circuitry is more important than the chip alone.

For example, I owned a Pioneer SC-LX88 receiver which has similar power output to the 125se (and is also Class D in design) but had the ESS Sabre Ultra, which is a more expensive chip than the one found in the 125se. But even in Pure Direct it didn't sound as good to my ears as my 125SE did (with the same LS50 speakers and sources and cables etc etc).

So I've learnt the hard way to use the specs only to narrow down which gear to possibly audition - but to never purchase without hearing.

Having said that, I have no doubt that Peachtree would have improved their DAC implementation to make the new amps perform better with the better ESS chips.

But I think you might be surprised with the 220se, if you are able to try it risk free at home.

I think you will notice the bigger power supply over the 125se and it might perform just as well as the Sona range, but is cheaper and has the analogue input for a turntable.

Having separates does allow upgrading later on though, as you say.

Cheers again! :-)

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2085 of 2120 Old 03-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Cyberathlete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Getting my Peachtree Nova220SE this week. Will pair up with the RevelF208 (to be delivered this month) and see how that works out.
Not sure where to move the Polk Audio setup

[Home Theater] Projector: Epson 5030UB + 12 3D Glasses | Screen: 106" Silver Ticket White Screen | Receiver: Denon X5200 | Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic BDT-210 | HD-DVD Player: Toshiba A2 | Speakers: Def Tech: SM65 x3, SM45 x4 | Subwoofers: 2x Klipsch RW-12d | Gaming Systems: HTPC, Xbox 360, PS3, Dreamcast (Limited Edition Black), Gamecube | HTPC: i7-860, GeForce GTX 760 | [Music Room] Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM703 Bookshelves | Sub: MartinLogan Depth i 8" | Receiver: Harman Kardon HK3490
Cyberathlete is online now  
post #2086 of 2120 Old 03-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberathlete View Post
Getting my Peachtree Nova220SE this week. Will pair up with the RevelF208 (to be delivered this month) and see how that works out.
Not sure where to move the Polk Audio setup
I reckon you'll love it :-)

You'll have to let us know how it goes.

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2087 of 2120 Old 03-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Cyberathlete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I did have two questions though:

1) Is the tube easy to replace? And is there a preference for a particular tube with this unit?

2) What is the avg tube life and does the sound degrade as the tube decays over time? Thanks!

[Home Theater] Projector: Epson 5030UB + 12 3D Glasses | Screen: 106" Silver Ticket White Screen | Receiver: Denon X5200 | Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic BDT-210 | HD-DVD Player: Toshiba A2 | Speakers: Def Tech: SM65 x3, SM45 x4 | Subwoofers: 2x Klipsch RW-12d | Gaming Systems: HTPC, Xbox 360, PS3, Dreamcast (Limited Edition Black), Gamecube | HTPC: i7-860, GeForce GTX 760 | [Music Room] Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM703 Bookshelves | Sub: MartinLogan Depth i 8" | Receiver: Harman Kardon HK3490
Cyberathlete is online now  
post #2088 of 2120 Old 03-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberathlete View Post
I did have two questions though:

1) Is the tube easy to replace? And is there a preference for a particular tube with this unit?

2) What is the avg tube life and does the sound degrade as the tube decays over time? Thanks!
Peachtree told me the tube should last years. I asked them how to replace it and they sent me the instructions but I can't find the email. It was only a few steps from memory.

Just send them an email and they'll send you the instructions. They are one of the most helpful Hi-Fi companies I've dealt with!

Enjoy :-)

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2089 of 2120 Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Cyberathlete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Thanks!

I got my Peachtree last night. Do you run it with the tube on or off? I am trying to hear a difference between the two and hard pressed to find it. In all honesty I am comparing it against my HK3490 as well and the differences are extremely subtle.

The biggest difference being the power. Hands down the Peachtree has power and loads of it.

In terms of sound, they both have a similar characteristic. Both lean towards a bit warm, but with oodles of detail. I use the HK3490 with the External Creative HD Sound Blaster (fiber optic out).

And I use the Peachtree directly through USB. My PC is my music source. I will play a lot more with it over the weekend and see if I should stick with the $200 HK3490 combo (got the Creative sound card for free) or keep the $1000 Peachtree (got a deal on this as well)

[Home Theater] Projector: Epson 5030UB + 12 3D Glasses | Screen: 106" Silver Ticket White Screen | Receiver: Denon X5200 | Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic BDT-210 | HD-DVD Player: Toshiba A2 | Speakers: Def Tech: SM65 x3, SM45 x4 | Subwoofers: 2x Klipsch RW-12d | Gaming Systems: HTPC, Xbox 360, PS3, Dreamcast (Limited Edition Black), Gamecube | HTPC: i7-860, GeForce GTX 760 | [Music Room] Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM703 Bookshelves | Sub: MartinLogan Depth i 8" | Receiver: Harman Kardon HK3490
Cyberathlete is online now  
post #2090 of 2120 Old 03-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Broken?

Hi all, recently moved. When I reconnected my peachtree nova to my speakers the sound came on for a second but then stopped and the volume knob turned al the way down by itself. Unplugged and plugged in again and now the volume knob does that no matter what Inout you're on.

Any ideas? Appreciate any help. I've got an email into peach tree as well.
Jgregory80 is offline  
post #2091 of 2120 Old 03-16-2016, 02:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgregory80 View Post
Hi all, recently moved. When I reconnected my peachtree nova to my speakers the sound came on for a second but then stopped and the volume knob turned al the way down by itself. Unplugged and plugged in again and now the volume knob does that no matter what Inout you're on.

Any ideas? Appreciate any help. I've got an email into peach tree as well.
Hmm not a clue. But call or email Peachtree's service team (see their website). They are among the best for customer support that I have encountered!

EDIT: sorry just noticed you already have emailed Peachtree. Let us know how you go.

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2092 of 2120 Old 03-16-2016, 02:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberathlete View Post
Thanks!

I got my Peachtree last night. Do you run it with the tube on or off? I am trying to hear a difference between the two and hard pressed to find it. In all honesty I am comparing it against my HK3490 as well and the differences are extremely subtle.

The biggest difference being the power. Hands down the Peachtree has power and loads of it.

In terms of sound, they both have a similar characteristic. Both lean towards a bit warm, but with oodles of detail. I use the HK3490 with the External Creative HD Sound Blaster (fiber optic out).

And I use the Peachtree directly through USB. My PC is my music source. I will play a lot more with it over the weekend and see if I should stick with the $200 HK3490 combo (got the Creative sound card for free) or keep the $1000 Peachtree (got a deal on this as well)
Hey, I just leave the tube on now, not that I can hear a huge difference.

How are you liking the amp now you've had a chance to get it cranking ? :-)

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2093 of 2120 Old 03-16-2016, 10:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Dakota, USA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
SonaAmp/Dac combo vs 220SE

Hello everyone:

New to forum - was trolling this for a bit as I'm into Peachtree recently and noticed the horrible lack of user experiences regarding SonaDac/Amp on the web and thought I might be able to help some w/ my experience - here's the story:

Wanted a 2 channel system for music only - since I shut off cable tv and find myself reading more. Listen to anything from Hank Williams Sr. or III to Dead Kennedys to Yo Yo Ma.

Started w/ Sonos Connect, Golden Ear Triton 2s, Yamaha AS-801 - last fall (2015) - only source is Google Music subscription. That setup was amazing to me - but, wanted more.

So - got the Peachtree SonaAmp/Dac combo a month ago. Better in most every way compared to the Yamaha.

Well - now after seeing the 220SE so inexpensive thought I'd give it a go - so, the 220SE arrives tomorrow (got the refurb for $1100).

I'll then be comparing the 220SE to the SonaAmp/Dac combo - using the same Triton 2s, Sonos Connect, Google Music subscription (tried Tidal for a bit, but didn't think it was worth double Google Music).

BTW - the earlier post of the SonaAmp/Dac review (Jan 2016) was spot on w/ my experience to date. Very impressive in many respects - does seem to crave running at higher volumes - brings out better mids and highs in my setup at higher volumes (as in from 10 o'clock to 1 o'clock volume positions), the bypass volume control option works perfectly and I find it very handy as I almost always run the system from my phone's Sonos app.

More to come in 24 to 48 hours about the comparison. Feel free to ask any questions about the comparison.
10k and abd1 like this.

Charlie Coyote
Golden Ear Triton 2
Sonos Connect
Google Music subscription
Peachtree SonaAmp and SonaDac
And trying 220SE
CharlieCoyote is offline  
post #2094 of 2120 Old 03-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Dakota, USA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCoyote View Post
Hello everyone:

New to forum - was trolling this for a bit as I'm into Peachtree recently and noticed the horrible lack of user experiences regarding SonaDac/Amp on the web and thought I might be able to help some w/ my experience - here's the story:

Wanted a 2 channel system for music only - since I shut off cable tv and find myself reading more. Listen to anything from Hank Williams Sr. or III to Dead Kennedys to Yo Yo Ma.

Started w/ Sonos Connect, Golden Ear Triton 2s, Yamaha AS-801 - last fall (2015) - only source is Google Music subscription. That setup was amazing to me - but, wanted more.

So - got the Peachtree SonaAmp/Dac combo a month ago. Better in most every way compared to the Yamaha.

Well - now after seeing the 220SE so inexpensive thought I'd give it a go - so, the 220SE arrives tomorrow (got the refurb for $1100).

I'll then be comparing the 220SE to the SonaAmp/Dac combo - using the same Triton 2s, Sonos Connect, Google Music subscription (tried Tidal for a bit, but didn't think it was worth double Google Music).

BTW - the earlier post of the SonaAmp/Dac review (Jan 2016) was spot on w/ my experience to date. Very impressive in many respects - does seem to crave running at higher volumes - brings out better mids and highs in my setup at higher volumes (as in from 10 o'clock to 1 o'clock volume positions), the bypass volume control option works perfectly and I find it very handy as I almost always run the system from my phone's Sonos app.

More to come in 24 to 48 hours about the comparison. Feel free to ask any questions about the comparison.
I hope those considering either of the components I'm goofing around with will find this helpful.

After a couple hours of listening - I'm finding the 220SE to be better than the SonaAmp/Dac in the following respects:

Listened to: Tracy Chapman, Hank III, Yo Yo Ma, AC DC, Taj Mahal.

220SE is more musical, more quiet in dead spaces of certain songs, plays more clearly at lower volumes, staging is quite a bit more 'front' where my experience with the SonaAmp/DAC, the staging was intermediate to behind the equipment (my description is in regard to my perception of where the singer is located with eyes closed while listening). Also, so far I find the 220SE to be less 'bright' during peak mid/upper range moments of songs - staying in better control of certain songs.

To keep this simple - in my situation I much prefer the 220SE fresh out of the box over the SonaAmp/Dac. A refurbed 220SE for $1100 is a screaming buy to me.

Thanks for listening - I'm getting back to some more myself - there's still 3 more beers in this 6 pack.

Charlie Coyote
Golden Ear Triton 2
Sonos Connect
Google Music subscription
Peachtree SonaAmp and SonaDac
And trying 220SE
CharlieCoyote is offline  
post #2095 of 2120 Old 03-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Very helpful buddy. Looks and sounds like another winning Triton + 220SE combination :-)

When I saw a video of Sandy using the Triton/220SE combination at one of his GoldenEar shows, I had to demo that system for myself and I was sold.

Enjoy those beers and enjoy the music :-)



Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCoyote View Post
I hope those considering either of the components I'm goofing around with will find this helpful.

After a couple hours of listening - I'm finding the 220SE to be better than the SonaAmp/Dac in the following respects:

Listened to: Tracy Chapman, Hank III, Yo Yo Ma, AC DC, Taj Mahal.

220SE is more musical, more quiet in dead spaces of certain songs, plays more clearly at lower volumes, staging is quite a bit more 'front' where my experience with the SonaAmp/DAC, the staging was intermediate to behind the equipment (my description is in regard to my perception of where the singer is located with eyes closed while listening). Also, so far I find the 220SE to be less 'bright' during peak mid/upper range moments of songs - staying in better control of certain songs.

To keep this simple - in my situation I much prefer the 220SE fresh out of the box over the SonaAmp/Dac. A refurbed 220SE for $1100 is a screaming buy to me.

Thanks for listening - I'm getting back to some more myself - there's still 3 more beers in this 6 pack.

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2096 of 2120 Old 03-31-2016, 05:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Peachtree 2.0?

Hey all, I was just looking at Peachtree's Facebook website and there's mention of new Peachtree 2.0 integrated amps being announced today/tomorrow.

Curious what this is about.

The NovaSE line of integrated are already so good! Wonder if they're getting upgraded?

I guess we'll find out shortly! :-)

GoldenEar Triton One
Peachtree Audio 220SE
Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 Speaker Cables
Oppo BDP-105
Apple TV Gen3
Em84 is offline  
post #2097 of 2120 Old 03-31-2016, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Freehold, NJ U.S.A.
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em84 View Post
Hey all, I was just looking at Peachtree's Facebook website and there's mention of new Peachtree 2.0 integrated amps being announced today/tomorrow.

Curious what this is about.

The NovaSE line of integrated are already so good! Wonder if they're getting upgraded?

I guess we'll find out shortly! :-)
FWIW, this article on Computer Audiophile may be of interest.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/co...-launches-nyc/

greyscale
72.greyscale is offline  
post #2098 of 2120 Old 03-31-2016, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
wgerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72.greyscale View Post
FWIW, this article on Computer Audiophile may be of interest.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/co...-launches-nyc/

greyscale
I wander if Peachtree will still sell their line of speakers? Showing with Elac? Interesting.
wgerman is offline  
post #2099 of 2120 Old 03-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
wgerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
And is the new wifi platform included in the new Nova products?
wgerman is offline  
post #2100 of 2120 Old 03-31-2016, 12:21 PM
Member
 
abd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I read a couple of PR's about the new line and haven't heard anything about the tube stage buffer on the new products. The photos don't show the tube window either, at least the ones I could see. Wonder if they're dropping it? I wonder how many warranty claims led to issues with the tube section? Most people state they can't hear a difference with it on or off or with a different tube. I think my Nova 220 sounds slightly better with the tube off, but its negligible.
abd1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 2-Channel Audio

taboola here


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off