23Likes

post #2161 of 2176 Old 11-21-2016, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by soretummy View Post
Hi, you have your Oppo 105 running direct to your amp. This something i have been considering, but with the newer Oppo which is supposedly will be coming out early 2017.

I am just interested as to where you have the volumes set to on the Oppo and your 220se?.

And you running analogue into 220se?
Hi mate, I've sold the Oppo. I'll update my signature shortly. I had my Oppo's volume set to fixed, which I think is 100%, and only used the 220se's remote control for volume. I think DAC's with 32 bit architecture allow digital volume control with no loss in quality but the 220se's DAC is 24 bit.

But perhaps lowering the Oppo's digital volume say to 90% allows more range on the 220se's volume knob and no noticeable/significant drop in sound quality. Give it a try.

I'm in Australia too. I would tell Peachtree you're in Australia and you should be able to send your unit to their Aussie distributor in NSW for any repairs - shouldn't have to go back to the US.

sonicTransporter i5 with Roon Server > mRendu & LPS-1 > Peachtree Audio 220se > GoldenEar Triton Ones

Analysis Plus Oval 9 Black Mesh Speaker Cables & Power Cables
Elgar High Isolation Transformer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2176 Old 11-21-2016, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Are the new Nova's (Nova 150, 300, 500) dual mono designs like the Nova 220 is?
post #2163 of 2176 Old 11-21-2016, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em84 View Post
Hi mate, I've sold the Oppo. I'll update my signature shortly. I had my Oppo's volume set to fixed, which I think is 100%, and only used the 220se's remote control for volume. I think DAC's with 32 bit architecture allow digital volume control with no loss in quality but the 220se's DAC is 24 bit.

But perhaps lowering the Oppo's digital volume say to 90% allows more range on the 220se's volume knob and no noticeable/significant drop in sound quality. Give it a try.

I'm in Australia too. I would tell Peachtree you're in Australia and you should be able to send your unit to their Aussie distributor in NSW for any repairs - shouldn't have to go back to the US.
Thanks mate, When you had it setup as mentioned what was your volume knob on the 220se usually set at for normal listening?

And i don't think i will be able to set the Oppos output as fixed because i will be running in 2 channel with stereo subs and having the fronts set at large. Which will be Oppo---- To Sub/High pass out to----220se----KEFS. So i think i may have to set the volume on 220se and use the Oppo with a variable output

The reason for setting it up like that is because the sub out on the Oppo 105 i used to have going into PB13s i could barely hear them and was with set to max volume both in the sub and the Oppos trim set to max!, So that was no good, I gather there was an input impedance issue of some sort
post #2164 of 2176 Old 11-21-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks mate, When you had it setup as mentioned what was your volume knob on the 220se usually set at for normal listening?

And i don't think i will be able to set the Oppos output as fixed because i will be running in 2 channel with stereo subs and having the fronts set at large. Which will be Oppo---- To Sub/High pass out to----220se----KEFS. So i think i may have to set the volume on 220se and use the Oppo with a variable output

The reason for setting it up like that is because the sub out on the Oppo 105 i used to have going into PB13s i could barely hear them and was with set to max volume both in the sub and the Oppos trim set to max!, So that was no good, I gather there was an input impedance issue of some sort
Ah right, I get you. I had the LS50's with the 125se and a pair of SB2000's and that combination sounded unreal, so I can only imagine how much better it will sound with your 220se and P13's. LS50's + Peachtree + SVS subs seems to have been a winning combination for a few years now.

As mentioned a few posts up to 10k, I can't listen past 9 o'clock with my 220se. Most normal listening is at 8 o'clock but that's with 93db speakers. I'd never tried my LS50's with this 220se - only the 125se but from memory I had the same issue as 10k, I could never go past say 10 o'clock. The Peachtree's must have really high gain.

Your Oppo has the 32 bit Sabre DAC so you won't have any issues with digital volume control and loss of quality. Once you get it tweaked that will be a cracking system.

sonicTransporter i5 with Roon Server > mRendu & LPS-1 > Peachtree Audio 220se > GoldenEar Triton Ones

post #2165 of 2176 Old 11-22-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Ah right, I get you. I had the LS50's with the 125se and a pair of SB2000's and that combination sounded unreal, so I can only imagine how much better it will sound with your 220se and P13's. LS50's + Peachtree + SVS subs seems to have been a winning combination for a few years now.

As mentioned a few posts up to 10k, I can't listen past 9 o'clock with my 220se. Most normal listening is at 8 o'clock but that's with 93db speakers. I'd never tried my LS50's with this 220se - only the 125se but from memory I had the same issue as 10k, I could never go past say 10 o'clock. The Peachtree's must have really high gain.

Your Oppo has the 32 bit Sabre DAC so you won't have any issues with digital volume control and loss of quality. Once you get it tweaked that will be a cracking system.

Yeah it was actually my old system that had dual PB13's and an Oppo 105 Direct to Parasound A23 (but i sold all that)

Then i missed it to much, so recently got the Kefs and the Peachtree, And i have ordered a pair of the new SB16 Ultras. So i think with the Kefs being high passed and having handle the low stuff and letting the SB16's handling the low stuff, It should sound pretty darn good. Providing i can get it all dialed in .

My only issue now is having read the new SB16 manual today it doesn't mention having a high pass filter..unlike the previews PB13 and SB13...

So maybe have look into miniDSP type arrangement
post #2166 of 2176 Old 11-22-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Yeah it was actually my old system that had dual PB13's and an Oppo 105 Direct to Parasound A23 (but i sold all that)

Then i missed it to much, so recently got the Kefs and the Peachtree, And i have ordered a pair of the new SB16 Ultras. So i think with the Kefs being high passed and having handle the low stuff and letting the SB16's handling the low stuff, It should sound pretty darn good. Providing i can get it all dialed in .

My only issue now is having read the new SB16 manual today it doesn't mention having a high pass filter..unlike the previews PB13 and SB13...

So maybe have look into miniDSP type arrangement
Ah yes, I know that feeling of remorse after selling something and thinking "what have i done". Hope you get the SB16 Ultras going.

Email the SVS guys for advice too. I remember when I had the SB2000's for the first time (few years ago now) both SVS and Peachtree went above and beyond with helping me find the right cut-off frequency.

post #2167 of 2176 Old 11-22-2016, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I didn't use the tube much, but the crackle was there either way. I also could not turn it up very high. Even with mirage omd28 shaking the neighbors two floors down I couldn't turn it up anywhere near 12.

Peachtree has had my unit for over a week now, and I have no idea when it'll be sent back. I have to say the repair side is very unresponsive to emails, and it's not like I'm sending a bunch or asking a lot of questions. The customer service side is always great though.

I'm going to sell it if it ever comes back since I find the denon to sound the same to my ears. It has much better volume control and is more versatile.
post #2168 of 2176 Old 11-27-2016, 06:49 PM

Question to those that had the static/crackle problem. Was the static upon changing volume consistent? or could you change the volume sometimes without issue?. Reason i ask is mine is very inconsistent now. And my dealer will obviously need to hear it before they can take any further action. I'm curious as to whether others heard the problem on a specific input or volume?
post #2169 of 2176 Old 11-29-2016, 02:19 PM

Does anyone have alternative email address's to sales@peachtreeaudio.com or service@peachtreeaudio.com ?

Neither have even bothered to respond to my sent email's

pretty pathetic if you ask me, Wont be buying any of their products in the future that's for sure!
post #2170 of 2176 Old 11-29-2016, 02:43 PM

This is who I dealt with before getting the service dept. he arranged the return.

jasont@peachtreeaudio.com

Last edited by nycmtber; 11-29-2016 at 08:04 PM.
post #2171 of 2176 Old 11-29-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Does anyone have alternative email address's to sales@peachtreeaudio.com or service@peachtreeaudio.com ?

Neither have even bothered to respond to my sent email's

pretty pathetic if you ask me, Wont be buying any of their products in the future that's for sure!
They can be a bit slow at times (possibly busy with Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales I'm guessing) but once they do reach you their customer service is awesome.

Just give it a couple days and try Jason as per above. Was that about the noisy volume control?

post #2172 of 2176 Old 11-30-2016, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
They can be a bit slow at times (possibly busy with Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales I'm guessing) but once they do reach you their customer service is awesome.

Just give it a couple days and try Jason as per above. Was that about the noisy volume control?
Jason at Peachtree is also the guy i've emailed (i think i spoke with him on the phone as well, nice guy), the two times i emailed him he responded to the first inquiry the very next day and the 2nd inquiry 4 days later.

His email is the one listed above by member 'nycmtber'

Jason's phone# is: 704-391-9337 ext. 2
post #2173 of 2176 Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well good news and bad news. I've had the new Nova300 for 7 days. Beautiful amp that mates well with my Magnepan's .7. It's amazing what this amp has done to the .7's. Better bass, depth, and soundstage. I think they were made for each other. Now the bad news. The amp won't turn off when using the remote. It takes two tries to turn it off. I've phoned Peachtree and emailed them today. It was after hours so they were closed. I guess I'll get to see how good their repair service is. I would prefer a new amp instead of sending this one back and waiting for a repair.
post #2174 of 2176 Old 11-30-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmtber View Post
This is who I dealt with before getting the service dept. he arranged the return.

jasont@peachtreeaudio.com
Thank you nycmtber, appreciate it

Quote:

Yeah mate. Was just trying get an answer from 'tech' type at the company as to what (if any) conditions were the most likely for the static to appear (any particular input/volume etc). So i have returned the peachtree today, and the static is just so damn random lately as opposed to every volume change of a couple of days ago. I just need my dealer hear it, I don't wont him trying to evaluate it for a couple of weeks and for the static to not appear. Anyway regardless of what happens to the 220se i have just then brought the Parasound Halo integrated from him. So if they cant fault the peachtree (during their time with it) i will just have to keep it make another systen out of it somewhere. maybe use it for a 2 channel gaming PC, overkill i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksas View Post
Jason at Peachtree is also the guy i've emailed (i think i spoke with him on the phone as well, nice guy), the two times i emailed him he responded to the first inquiry the very next day and the 2nd inquiry 4 days later.

His email is the one listed above by member 'nycmtber'

Jason's phone# is: 704-391-9337 ext. 2
Thanks marksas
post #2175 of 2176 Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Thank you nycmtber, appreciate it

Yeah mate. Was just trying get an answer from 'tech' type at the company as to what (if any) conditions were the most likely for the static to appear (any particular input/volume etc). So i have returned the peachtree today, and the static is just so damn random lately as opposed to every volume change of a couple of days ago. I just need my dealer hear it, I don't wont him trying to evaluate it for a couple of weeks and for the static to not appear. Anyway regardless of what happens to the 220se i have just then brought the Parasound Halo integrated from him. So if they cant fault the peachtree (during their time with it) i will just have to keep it make another systen out of it somewhere. maybe use it for a 2 channel gaming PC, overkill i know.

Thanks marksas
Fair call. Have you had the 220se for a while? Not possible for a swap with another unit or even a full refund?

The Halo Integrated is a good one.

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

post #2176 of 2176 Old Today, 05:54 AM

I received my 220SE yesterday from the warranty repair on the volume crackle.

They did not install the front panel properly, or perhaps it was caused during shipping. The box was perfectly fine though...

I had a new black case installed because it was damaged during transit to them, so my guess it is the installation and not shipping.

Also, I heard a noise when I was unpacking it, like something loose inside. I discovered when repacking the 220SE into the shipping box a loose zip tie inside the rectangular vent on the bottom of the unit.

So I guess it is back to them again. I emailed them yesterday but havent heard back yet. Definitely my last product from them....

I regret sending it in for repair and should've just dealt with the crackle. Not only did I have to pay nearly $70 to ship it, it was damaged in transit so I had to pay an additional $100 for a new cover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page