NAD C326BEE Integrated Stereo Amplifier - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 53 Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have problems with Nad C326bee amplifier. Can any of you tell me how the sleep timer can be turned off? It was enabled by default, but I do not understand how to get it off. The amplifier will automatically shut down every 30 minutes. No red lights do not show up, just turn off the amplifier itself. This is really annoying.

I tried to read the manual, but there was not enough information. What +10 key do?

I hope I get answers here, because I did not get them from Finnish sites. Thank you!

I from Finland, so my english not a perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Liked: 42
I see what you mean, the manual does not help much in this area. One thought is to go to the nad web site and click on the "where to buy" button. Find a dealer and phone them directly.

So if you press the sleep button does any light on the C326 come on? If you press it 3 or 4 times does that change the time that the C326 stays on? It seems that it might not even have a sleep function, do you have any other Nad components that are going to sleep when you push the sleep button?

I'm getting a C326 in a few days, if no other owners respond I'll experiment with mine when it comes.
post #33 of 53 Old 05-05-2013, 04:16 AM

I do not have any other Nad components.
Then when i press the sleep button i see the blue light flashing to the amplifier. I tried many times to press the button 3-4 and 6 times, but it still turns off after about 30 minutes.

Otherwise the amplifier will work just fine. The sound is normal. No overheating. The only problem is the sleep timer.
post #34 of 53 Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 AM

Yes, that is strange. Too bad there are no Nad owners on this forum right now, receivers are really popular here and Nad isn't very big in the USA. My C326BEE will be here in 2-3 days and I can help you then. I suggest you might get help from a dealer in Helsinki if you can phone them. Anyway, too bad about your experience.
post #35 of 53 Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 253
The sleep timer function is not supposed to control the amplifier itself.

The remote will control the sleep timer function on certain other NAD products when used with THEM (such as certain NAD CD players).

The instructions are in the manuals of the other applicable NAD equipment.
post #36 of 53 Old 05-05-2013, 11:55 AM

Yeah, but how do i use other devices? I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player. If I'm right, the other devices should work as normal. I watched the movie, but it came to nothing. I tried different inputs and the same problem.
post #37 of 53 Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 AM

I asked directly to NAD Electronics Support Centre. The device is defective. The device does not recognize the sound, and this reason turn itself off.

Nad's answer:
"Auto standby function which turns off the amplifier after 30 minutes if there is no audio detected and no button presses. An auto standby function is a requirement under the latest EuP directives.

If the C326BEE turns off after 30 minutes when you are actually using it then there is a fault and the unit should be brought in for service."

Thanks to both of you for your reply. And runnin'....Have a nice listening experience when you get yours. I hope your will work better than mine. smile.gif
post #38 of 53 Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Thanks, hope your situation gets taken care of quickly!
post #39 of 53 Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM

Okay, I've had the C326BEE for a few days now, and have compared it with the C372, which is about 6 years old. I've swapped speakers and tried different sources and the C326 has a nicer sound to me. The C372 is no slouch, but it just seemed a bit warmer with a bit less detail while the C326 has warmth yet with more detail. Something more live sounding about the soundstage and voice, but maybe that's what the extra detail gets you. It also has a more functional power button and a nicer remote. Of course at 150 wpc the C372 can really take the volume to another level, and it can really pound if you want it too. For anyone looking for an under 1000 integrated amp, you should give the NAD BEE models a look.
post #40 of 53 Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin' View Post

The C372 is no slouch, but it just seemed a bit warmer with a bit less detail while the C326 has warmth yet with more detail. Something more live sounding about the soundstage and voice, but maybe that's what the extra detail gets you.
I find that hard to believe.
NAD - C326BEE:
Frequency response: ±0.1 dB (ref. 20 Hz - 20 kHz) 3 Hz – 70 kHz (ref. -3 dB)

NAD C372:
Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz, ±0.3dB (–3dB at 3Hz and 70kHz).
1006NADFIG1.jpg
post #41 of 53 Old 05-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Then I suggest you don't believe it, or at least find a thread you can believe in.
macddmac likes this.
post #42 of 53 Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 255
How did you level-match during your comparisons?

I have an NAD 326BEE and find its volume control to be such that it's really hard to level-match it with other components (the volume control is a little touchy and almost its entire range is from 7 o'clock to 11 o'clock).

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
post #43 of 53 Old 05-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Do you mean the volume when controlled by the remote? The volume is fine for me but a single press of the volume button brings a larger than usual increase. Although that's compared to my Onkyo 876, which increases in too small increments. Anyway, the C372 has an even coarser control by remote. They both sound great though.

On the level matching, I did not attempt to level match, the differences were easy enough for me to tell. But if one doesn't believe that such differences exist, then one may want to disregard the poster called runnin'. In the last month I've auditioned 9 different integrated amps and receivers and it's been real fun! Also, I find that the all-amps-sound-the-same crowd is missing something. YMMV.
post #44 of 53 Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:

On the level matching, I did not attempt to level match,
I've been there done that. I've also level matched and listened to amps in blind condition which is something you've never done.
Quote:
Also, I find that the all-amps-sound-the-same crowd is missing something.
Until you've done level matched blind test of amps, you should reserve such assumption.
post #45 of 53 Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM

Liked: 34
Quote:

Also, I find that the all-amps-sound-the-same crowd is missing something.

yes... like the effect of expectation bias.

To make comparisons of amps w/out volume matching is, imho, utterly pointless.
post #46 of 53 Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomania View Post

I've been there done that. I've also level matched and listened to amps in blind condition which is something you've never done.
Until you've done level matched blind test of amps, you should reserve such assumption.

Really? You're going to assume to know what I have and haven't done? Finally someone who knows it all, you must be so proud in your ignorance! biggrin.gif
post #47 of 53 Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:

Do you mean the volume when controlled by the remote? The volume is fine for me but a single press of the volume button brings a larger than usual increase. Although that's compared to my Onkyo 876, which increases in too small increments. Anyway, the C372 has an even coarser control by remote. They both sound great though.

On the level matching, I did not attempt to level match, the differences were easy enough for me to tell. But if one doesn't believe that such differences exist, then one may want to disregard the poster called runnin'. In the last month I've auditioned 9 different integrated amps and receivers and it's been real fun! Also, I find that the all-amps-sound-the-same crowd is missing something. YMMV.

I don't understand what you're getting at here. It reminds me of a discussion I had a few years back on another forum. A guy was contrasting two different integrated amps, both of which I owned. When I asked if he level-matched for his comparison, he said "no need to do so, the differences were obvious." That makes no sense. Unless you're comparing the two at the same level, you're not comparing apples to apples.

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
post #48 of 53 Old 05-12-2013, 08:55 AM

One unit is 150 wpc, the other 50. Is can't be an apples to apples comparison. I was merely comparing the sound signature of each preamp section, but I believe you prefer the sort of blind testing that is popular on this particular site. Fair enough.
post #49 of 53 Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

One unit is 150 wpc, the other 50. Is can't be an apples to apples comparison. I was merely comparing the sound signature of each preamp section, but I believe you prefer the sort of blind testing that is popular on this particular site. Fair enough.
Are you open to learning something? Or just going to continue to assume that your current level of knowledge is 100% of all knowledge available on the topic?
post #50 of 53 Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Quote:

Unless you are comparing at ear-splitting levels it certainly can. Volume level matching is a must when comparing.

This is a site where members not only discuss audio and video, there is also a heavy dose of science. You're going to have an extremely difficult time with any argument that dismisses it. I'm glad you like your system, but you're probably better off getting slaps on the back with your theory on a dedicated NAD website.
Quote:
you must be so proud in your ignorance!

Well, that didn't help your cause at all.

post #51 of 53 Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 AM

Liked: 35
I've read here and elsewhere anecdotal accounts of the smaller amp's superiority. I'm sure you've read them too. Expectation bias?

That being said, I'm willing to entertain the possibility of real differences before writing off the experiences of others. If there are differences as reported, they should be identifiable, reducible differences that can be measured. Here are my thoughts, having only possessed the C372 myself. The pre-amp stages are pretty much identical between the two amps in question. The smaller amp might rely on the gain from the pre stage more than the big amp, which could result in measurably superior s/n on what's fed to the amp section. Op amp output stages typically have better specs with greater output. Now, I've never known anyone to put this to the test, but it could account for some folks preference for the smaller amp.

edit: Input sensitivity for the smaller amp is specified at 630 mv. The big amp's data sheet does not provide that information at all. Previous iteration C372 input sensitivity is 770 mv. I think that makes it backwards from my theory, but it would make the smaller amp louder at the same input, and we know that louder is preferred, even very slight differences.
post #52 of 53 Old 05-12-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:

So how many of you actually own the Nad C326BEE in question, and would like to share their experience with it?
That would be nice if it's useful to others.
Quote:
If all you're going to do is thread crap, then really, what's the point? Surely you could do more than skulk about on the web, seeking out all posts that don't line up with your beliefs on audio? Surely you have more pressing things to do.
What's the point of posting the amp observation useful only to the observing individual? rolleyes.gif
post #53 of 53 Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Quote:

If all you're going to do is thread crap...

It's also fun to correct the crap in some threads. cool.gif

Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page