Musical Fidelity M6 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 130 Old 10-02-2010, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the M3 review.

Last week I bought a Denon SACD/CD Player DCD-1510AE all I can say is WOW The sound is amazing very rich detail smooth mid range and a open bass that is very Transparent I could not be more happy with it.

The SACD sound wonderful also and the CD to me sounded better then my ex A5-5 Musical Fidelity the denon used the advanced AL32 processing I don't know if that whats making the cd sound so good but what ever it is it's working for me and my setup.

So I have pulled my 4 month old V-DAC out of my setup going to put it on e-bay if so I will have a link in this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM

I am seriously considering the M6i to drive my B&W CM9 speakers. Am also considering the Rotel separates (RC1580/RB1582). I actually like the fact that the M6i is described as being a little on the warm side, as the CM9s are certainly not in the same "warm" category as some other B&W models (I've had the 685s and auditioned the 683s). The Rotels I guess are the "safe" option without auditioning.

I am in a Swedish town where it looks like the only amps I can audition (if I wait another couple of weeks) with the power I want are the Hegel H200, Bladelius Thor mkIII and NAD M3. Have tried the NAD and whilst capable, I wasn't overly impressed, it seemed a little thin if that's the right word? The Hegel and Bladelius may be a little too "clinical" and the Bladelius is more than I wanted to pay anyway.

The source will be my Oppo BDP-83SE.

So it looks like I will be ordering online without an audition. I've waited long enough, so I think I'll pull the trigger this weekend.

Any thoughts on the MF/CM9 match?
post #123 of 130 Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM

Liked: 15
(Allow me to resuscitate this thread...)

What do you folks think of the M6i integrated amplifier to be used alongside a pair of Sonus Faber Toy Towers?

I am currently using a Marantz SR-5005 receiver with the Sonus Fabers, with surprisingly decent results, but I'm seriously considering the M6i for 2-channel only sessions, to be used in conjunction with the Marantz. Since the M6i includes a "home-theater pass through" input, I could be able to completely bypass the Marantz for 2 channel listening, and use the M6i essentially as a power amp only to drive my main front speakers during a 5.1 set-up (the Marantz would power the center channel and both surround channels).

The M6i has everything I am looking for at the moment: a home-theater pass through, more than enough power to drive the Sonus with plenty of headroom, XLR connectors, USB input, excellent build quality, audiophile pedigree, and an elegant and beautiful (to my eyes) design.

Digital source will hopefully be the Oppo 95 (once it becomes available), in order to take advantage of the XLR connection...

What do you guys think of that combination?
post #124 of 130 Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I think it'll be too soft. No real edge on the top end, but people's ears are different...
post #125 of 130 Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat-like View Post

I am seriously considering the M6i to drive my B&W CM9 speakers. Am also considering the Rotel separates (RC1580/RB1582). I actually like the fact that the M6i is described as being a little on the warm side, as the CM9s are certainly not in the same "warm" category as some other B&W models (I've had the 685s and auditioned the 683s). The Rotels I guess are the "safe" option without auditioning.

I am in a Swedish town where it looks like the only amps I can audition (if I wait another couple of weeks) with the power I want are the Hegel H200, Bladelius Thor mkIII and NAD M3. Have tried the NAD and whilst capable, I wasn't overly impressed, it seemed a little thin if that's the right word? The Hegel and Bladelius may be a little too "clinical" and the Bladelius is more than I wanted to pay anyway.

The source will be my Oppo BDP-83SE.

So it looks like I will be ordering online without an audition. I've waited long enough, so I think I'll pull the trigger this weekend.

Any thoughts on the MF/CM9 match?

Try to find an Audio Research DSI 200 integrated, it is one of the best integrated amplifiers on the market today, and plays on the same level as the best separates.

I had people here that could not believe that is was coming from this amplifier, they all own seperate gear.

It is not a digital amp.

My source is an upgraded Oppo nuforce.

Good luck
post #126 of 130 Old 05-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Sorry to kick an old thread. I recently purchased the nem MF M6 500i and it is a real beautiful ampflifier! I'm thinking about coupling it with the M6 CD. I'm only wondering how well it works with CDr's of CDrw's? My current Classé CDP doesn't accept all CDr's and CDrw's, which can be annoying sometimes (my wife uses them, they're demo discs from the orchestra she plays in). So to the owners of the M6 CD: what are your experiences with recordable disc playback?
post #127 of 130 Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Sorry if this is not exactly what this thread is about but I was wondering if anyone here owns the M3i as I'm about to buy KEF XQ40 speakers and had my eyes on that amp but wonder if it'll have enough power as my room is rather large
post #128 of 130 Old 10-19-2011, 01:40 PM

My M6 CD plays CDr's without a problem. Haven't tested CDrw's.

FairvsFree - Have you noticed increased electricity bills with the 500i? I was considering it but 2000W power consumption!
post #129 of 130 Old 02-23-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Medaglia View Post

(Allow me to resuscitate this thread...)

What do you folks think of the M6i integrated amplifier to be used alongside a pair of Sonus Faber Toy Towers?

I am currently using a Marantz SR-5005 receiver with the Sonus Fabers, with surprisingly decent results, but I'm seriously considering the M6i for 2-channel only sessions, to be used in conjunction with the Marantz. Since the M6i includes a "home-theater pass through" input, I could be able to completely bypass the Marantz for 2 channel listening, and use the M6i essentially as a power amp only to drive my main front speakers during a 5.1 set-up (the Marantz would power the center channel and both surround channels).

The M6i has everything I am looking for at the moment: a home-theater pass through, more than enough power to drive the Sonus with plenty of headroom, XLR connectors, USB input, excellent build quality, audiophile pedigree, and an elegant and beautiful (to my eyes) design.

Digital source will hopefully be the Oppo 95 (once it becomes available), in order to take advantage of the XLR connection...

What do you guys think of that combination?

Hey Esteban,

I know that this thread is pretty old but I was wondering if you had ended up buying the m6i & if so what your impressions are, especially when using it in HT bypass mode.

I am looking at the m6-500i or the AMS-35i to use with my Yamaha RX-Z7 AV receiver. It will be driving a pair of Focal Diablos as fronts, so stereo though the integrated & HT via the pre-outs from the Z7.

I really would prefer to get the AMS but it doesn't have HT pass through. It sounds better to me with the Diablos, but as a good chunk of my usage will be HT, I don't think I will be able to deal with not having integrated volume control.

Has the HT bypass in the M6i been a good feature for you?
post #130 of 130 Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohns56 View Post

My M6 CD plays CDr's without a problem. Haven't tested CDrw's.

FairvsFree - Have you noticed increased electricity bills with the 500i? I was considering it but 2000W power consumption!

Helo "longjohns56" !
Have You still been happy with MF M6 CD player? Please help me to review the sound of this CD Player if the source from CD or the source from Lossless (using the DAC of M6 CD player from HD player). Please also review how this CDP work with CDr and CDrw?
Note: My current Stereo is CDP NAD 565Bee, Musical Fidelity M6i Int amp, B&W 803s. I plan to upgrade my CDP and looking for MF M6 CDP.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page