"the upgrade company" <component mods> - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
2-Channel Audio > "the upgrade company"
classba's Avatar classba 07:08 AM 12-09-2009
All I ever wanted is for my player to be repaired and to know that I have been lied to all this time really got me. I wouldn't had found all this out if I hadn't asked for my player to be shipped to EMM's and what they had told me and finally getting the reaction from MRHIEND when confronted. A professional company should do all they can to assist a customer regardless and not to lie, threaten etc etc... the good thing for him to do is to own up and comply with my requests and not tell me to resolve it myself with threatening words. I'll pay for the repair and get my player back but sure will NEVER have anything to do with him or recommend his company to anyone.

mclsound's Avatar mclsound 07:55 AM 12-09-2009
Still using the stolen theory for my $850 DV-9600 that is still getting fixed.YOU SAID TO MAIL IT (TO AVOID COSTS)....2wks to go 4.5hrs....I have been screwed over and i have learned a lesson.You should get your facts straight Dave.OR maybe it is EXTORTION,i believe you said,or was it that i also opened the lid as you told me to checking for loose wire connections,or was it because??????????????????
I am sure many people are happy with his work and i am sure after 800hrs of breakin time they noticed a wonderful difference but my player is still a mess and after what i learned about this mans upgrade pitch...I will never recomend his service...HEY but thats just me....the boards all yours Dave..
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai 08:11 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHiEndAudio View Post

Here are the facts:

MCLSOUND: After expressing his total delight and complete satsifaction with his first upgrade, bragged that he "got a super deal on 3 players in new unopened condition for $600" when pressed how he got such a deal, MCLSOUND admits that they were "hot", as in stolen.

Perhaps they were. Perhaps he meant they were gray market products which is not necessarily illegal but generally means you're not entitled to factory authorized service. Happens with a lot of stuff like Nikons. If you're of the position that they stolen you should contact the appropriate authorities with whatever information you have and let them act upon it.

Quote:

He went on to state that "the players were a new Denon DVD-2930Ci, new Denon DVD-3930Ci and the Marantz DV-9600" that he had just sent in for upgrades and was "sweating it on return because it took longer through customs then he had expected" and that he "would like to drive up and meet halfway to hand deliver the 3930 upgrades".

I assume he's in Canada and wouldn't be the first person who has had to deal with delays from customs. On your part, I probably wouldn't drive 1/2 way and unless you were known to have people drive to your place to pick up product, I'd just handle it using your normal approach. Of course, one might reasonably speculate that the reason you don't want anybody over at your place would have to do that seeing what you do and don't have might not inspire the greatest confidence. After all an aerial view of your address indicates that it's a private home situated right next to the Cestnut Valley Golf Course.
Quote:

Immediately upon learning of this, I was quite surprised to say the least. I refused to do any further busines with MCLSOUND. This is all on audio tape loud and clear. Then MCLSOUND called back with threats and tried to stir up all kinds of crap on other websites.

Goes with the business model doesn't it? If you're willing to take and use public praise, man up and be prepared to take the converse.

Quote:

Interesting that we have yet another crook turn up here: "classba" who we have learned deals in black market stolen merchandise in the UK, including cell phones (his Audiogon ID is "FLASHUNLOCK" no less!), hot EMM LABS, dCs and other gear ogftensold in Hong Kong and Singapore. "CLASSBA" sent us what turned out to be a black market/stolen EMM LAbs CDSA-SE player. All was well for many months until CLASSBA decided to remove the top cover to "have a look around at the magic" in his words. Per his own admission on tape, CLASSBA decided to dissassemble some of the CDSA and look at the player in greater detail, and ended up pulling wires loose from inside of a connector, which he attempeted to resolder it himself, admitting right on tape over the phone that he "cannot solder too well", it wont work now, will you have a look?" "If you send it to EMM LABS PLEASE remove the serial number off the back". "It is not an uauthoried EMM's unit. I get them from a "special source". Well we have the serial number from your player which ou asked us to remove, right here "classba". And "No" we are not going to repair the player when you have voided your warranty, published out and out lies to the internet, and have turned out to be a complete crook with a hot black market player. Secondly, the inside was a filthy mess of dust and pet hair when your EMM arrived. Third, you cannot work on electronics without following proper grounding procedures including wearing a grounding strap aroud your wrist to prevent static discharge into the player when touching it in any manner whatsoever inside. You admitted on tape that you had the top cover off to show friends and that your pet sheds a lot, and that you were totally unaware that static discharge can cause serious damage, especially when you said loud and clear "It might have some black pet hair in it because I had it sitting on the floor trying to fix it".

Am I to take this that you knowingly work on stolen merchandise? You've yet been able to sufficiently substantiate the merchandise is stolen and not gray market.

Quote:

I think a call to Scotland Yard is in order you crook.

Then call already and stop threatening.
Quote:

The Upgrade Company LLC has a SPOTLESS Michigan Atty General and BBB record, with hundreds of new satisfied customers every year. I urge both you and MCLSOUND to file a formal report as it will only aid in the investigation and hopefull full-prosecution by authorities against criminals like yourselves.

The BBB has insufficient information on you and you're not an accredited member of the BBB. It has given you a C- based on limited information which can be found here. It is interesting that you choose to cite them specifically for in that link they state,

Quote:

BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, BBB may not have current information about the company.

A formal report against you which can be filed here, will not have the desired effect you purport which is to somehow investigate the accuser. If your position is that they're committing illegal acts, then filing a complaint with an American agency seems rather a piss-poor way of doing things.

Quote:

Neither one of you were even able to get a charge back. Our record is spotless, and I'll bet authorities are onto you now. You try lying in a police or any official report and I will personally so to it that you both are additionally prosecuted for filling out a false police report. Hopefully with some jail time to straighten you crooks out.

Well one is in Canada and one is in England. Good luck. As to getting a charge back, perhaps we'll hear more from the poster. Not getting a charge back does not necessarily mean they're guilty or that you are.

Quote:

ClassBA's Audiogon ID "Flashunlock" says it all: bragging that you know how to unlock the flash memory of stolen and black market cell phones for resale.

I'm not about to go searching Audiogon, but if that's the case, then bring it to the attention of Audiogon.

Quote:

Michigan Law indeed states that any person directly participating in any conversation may lawfully tape record that conversation. 1 on 1 is legaly admissable into a Michigan Court of Law. My father was a prominent Michigan attorney and we have coporate counsel who have just informed me that this still the law in Michigan.

Good for Upgrade Company LLC, bad for crooks like MCLSOUND, CLASSBA and others....

Ummmm...no. Things could certainly have changed but according to this brief rundown of states, Michigan requires two party consent. So do 11 other states.

The same website states in a different area,
Quote:

Any person who willfully uses any device to overhear or record a conversation without the consent of all parties is guilty of illegal eavesdropping, whether or not they were present for the conversation. Illegal eavesdropping can be punished as a felony carrying a jail term of up to two years and a fine of up to $2,000. Mich. Comp. Laws § 750.539c.

In addition, any individual who divulges information he knows, or reasonably should know, was obtained through illegal eavesdropping is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for up to two years and a fine of up to $2,000. Mich. Comp. Laws § 750.539e. Civil liability for actual and punitive damages also are sanctioned. Mich. Comp. Laws § 750.539h.

The eavesdropping statute has been interpreted by one court as applying only to situations in which a third party has intercepted a communication. This interpretation allows a participant in a conversation to record that conversation without the permission of other parties. Sullivan v. Gray, 324 N.W.2d 58 (Mich. Ct. App. 1982).

The state Supreme Court stated in a July 1999 ruling that a participant in a conversation may not unilaterally nullify other participants' expectations of privacy by secretly broadcasting the conversation and that the overriding inquiry should be whether the parties intended and reasonably expected that the conversation was private. Therefore, it is likely that a recording party may not broadcast a recorded conversation without the consent of all parties. Dickerson v. Raphael, 601 N.W.2d 108 (Mich. 1999).

If you feel secure in recording conversations with your clients, more power to you. Maybe the 1982 ruling protects you. Maybe there are subsequent rulings that don't. I'm sure that if you're right, then any complaint to the Colorado Attorney General regarding this will result in a reply that there's nothing they can do about it. OTOH, now anyone who does business with you knows you record their conversations.
classba's Avatar classba 08:22 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclsound View Post

Still using the stolen theory for my $850 DV-9600 that is still getting fixed.YOU SAID TO MAIL IT (TO AVOID COSTS)....2wks to go 4.5hrs....I have been screwed over and i have learned a lesson.You should get your facts straight Dave.OR maybe it is EXTORTION,i believe you said,or was it that i also opened the lid as you told me to checking for loose wire connections,or was it because??????????????????
I am sure many people are happy with his work and i am sure after 800hrs of breakin time they noticed a wonderful difference but my player is still a mess and after what i learned about this mans upgrade pitch...I will never recomend his service...HEY but thats just me....the boards all yours Dave..

OMG..... he too knew I opened the lid to check for the fault and even asked me to swap the small board with my friend's player to eliminate the problem.... why did he not warned me about his BS warranty then?????
It wasn't until after 3 months that I lost my patient and asked him to ship it to Emms because he had no clue in the fault.... surely, he is so professional in his field with 28+ years of experience he can pinpoint it out without sweating but NO..... this just proofs his warranty is just a waste of time and when things turn bad, he will use the BS warranty against you to get out of the issue.

I also had a ML 32 pre amp done by him way before and charged me a forturn to do it and when I recieved it, it sounded the same and upon opening it to see what was done supposibly had changed 30 odd so parts including capacitors etc, I only found 4 stupid cheap ferrites on some power wires. when confronted, his professional reply was.... I didn't want to change the character sound of the pre amp...WTF, I thought thats what he is supposed to do to improve the sound.

I asked for a full refund which he honoured but I had to ship back his stupid certificate and the sticker to him.

It makes me LOL for the FOOL to keep addressing conversations are recorded LOUD & CLEAR... I NEVER GAVE HIM ANY PERMISSION/ ACKNOWLEDMENT TO RECORD ANY CONVERSATIONS. YOU ARE DIGGING YOURSELF A DEEPER HOLE.....his recording machine must also be faulty because all mentioned are wild false claims. I WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SLANDER REMARKS ABOUT DEALINGS WITH STOLEN GOODS...........I have to laugh at all this.... Mannnnnnnnn, where the hell does he get off from?

My player will be fixed this week and they are still urging mrhiend to ship the parts back to them instead to me so that they can use it because it's new and stock.

Why are you scared/ refused to ship my new stock un used parts to Emm's mrhiend ???????????????????
MrHiEndAudio's Avatar MrHiEndAudio 09:08 AM 12-09-2009
Ah, it's not "eavsdropping" when you are a "direct party to the conversation".
Don't try and play lawyer when you're clearly not. I have consulted several lawyers on this recording technique used to catch liars and crooks, and they have all said that it is perfecty legal. Michigan Law clearly states that "any person may record the conversation as long as you are a direct party to the conversation".
MrHiEndAudio's Avatar MrHiEndAudio 09:10 AM 12-09-2009
CLASSBA I have to hand it to you, you ae one slick crook and a fantastic story teller!
MrHiEndAudio's Avatar MrHiEndAudio 09:12 AM 12-09-2009
MCLSOUND You're forgetting one thing with your story telling: You admitted on tape that you purchased 3 brand new stolen players! If I had known you were sending in a "hot" player I would have refused the job.
classba's Avatar classba 09:21 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:

CLASSBA I have to hand it to you, you ae one slick crook and a fantastic story teller!

Crooks don't pay for any services and hold on to something that doesn't belongs to them and as the story telling side.... I will publish the full report here by Emms soon after they repaired my player so lets see who is the better story teller.

Did I not get a full refund from you for the ML32 mr story teller??????????????? I'm sure you also recorded our conversation about the only stupid ferrites in the pre amp upgrade.

Oh, not to mention you also e mailed Emm's telling them they too are story tellers???

MRhighend...according to your slander, you worked on my player knowingly it was stolen??????? what does that make you??????

I ask you again...... Why are you scared/ refused to ship my new stock un used parts to Emm's mrhiend ???????????????????
mclsound's Avatar mclsound 09:44 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:

MCLSOUND You're forgetting one thing with your story telling: You admitted on tape that you purchased 3 brand new stolen players! If I had known you were sending in a "hot" player I would have refused the job.

If this is so...Why did you ask me to return my player to you directly after your Audio Circle debut(he did offer to pay for my repairs and buy it back for $600 but i would have to send it to him first..so if it is stolen why would you want it??????) from the repair shop i have it at and they refused to send this apparent stolen player....i have had enough of your sickness my friend...i to have documented everything but only to prove your lying and are quite the story teller
sorry for this AVS but he is all yours
classba's Avatar classba 10:07 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:

Why the hell did you not report him and myself to the police since you're such a law obeying citizen? Go on, make my DAY.
MrHiEndAudio's Avatar MrHiEndAudio 10:07 AM 12-09-2009
CLASSBA Obviously I could not have suspected your player was black market/stolen until AFTER the upgrade had been performed and you became friendly and admitted in a round about way that you obtain cell phones and EMM and other brands from a "special source". The real proof came when you demanded that I remove the EMM LABS serial number placard off the rear of your CDSA.

By the way EMM LABS hates The Upgrade Company. EMM LABS had to abandon one of their 2007 Rocky Mountain AudioFest (RMAF 2007) demo
rooms becuase it was right next door to Upgrade Company's demo room, wherein we were openly displaying for the public the stock versus our "Signature Edition" CDSA-SE players. We were also openly showing the public about all the cheap parts and cost-cutting techniques EMM LABS employs in their $10,500 MSRP (at that time) player. Having 10 cent surface mount capacitors and absolutely no audiophile grade electrolytic capacitors is clearly fraud in a $10,500 player.

EMM LABS promptly removed the demo gear from their room next door and kept the door locked.

Immediately following RMAF 2007, EMM LABS complained to Audiogon about Upgrade Company LLC's ad's which we were running on Audiogon which alerted EMM LABS customers as to the huge number of dirt cheap parts EMM LABS employs while charging customers a small fortune. EMM was spending big bucks on banner advertising on Audiogon while Upgrade Company was spending next to nothing advertsing. Audiogon cancelled Upgrade Co's account for our tactics of informing cutomers about the truth.

EMM Labs, and other manufacturers, will continue to do whatever they can to prevent consumers from finding out the truth about their "For Profit Built" equipment.

This has included coming here on AVS and other Forums to smear Upgrade Company's name in hopes they'll drive us out of business.

Fortunately we're as busy as can be.

Based on the colorful history with EMM LABS, I fully expect that they'll provide CLASSBA with the most awful report they can muster up!
classba's Avatar classba 10:10 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:

You have yet to answer my question soon I hope...

Why are you scared/ refused to ship my new stock un used parts to Emm's mrhiend ???????????????????
RUR's Avatar RUR 10:18 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:

CLASSBA Obviously I could not have suspected your player was black market/stolen until AFTER the upgrade had been performed and you became friendly and admitted in a round about way that you obtain cell phones and EMM and other brands from a "special source". The real proof came when you demanded that I remove the EMM LABS serial number placard off the rear of your CDSA.

By the way EMM LABS hates The Upgrade Company. EMM LABS had to abandon one of their 2007 Rocky Mountain AudioFest (RMAF 2007) demo
rooms becuase it was right next door to Upgrade Company's demo room, wherein we were openly displaying for the public the stock versus our "Signature Edition" CDSA-SE players. We were also openly showing the public about all the cheap parts and cost-cutting techniques EMM LABS employs in their $10,500 MSRP (at that time) player. Having 10 cent surface mount capacitors and absolutely no audiophile grade electrolytic capacitors is clearly fraud in a $10,500 player.

EMM LABS promptly removed the demo gear from their room next door and kept the door locked.

Immediately following RMAF 2007, EMM LABS complained to Audiogon about Upgrade Company LLC's ad's which we were running on Audiogon which alerted EMM LABS customers as to the huge number of dirt cheap parts EMM LABS employs while charging customers a small fortune. The net result? EMM was spending big bucks advertising on Audiogon while Upgrade Company
spent next to nothing advertsing on Audiogon because we don't need to advertise to get business in the door.

EMM Labs, and other manufacturers, will continue to do whatever they can to prevent consumers from finding out the truth about their "For Profit Built"
equipment.

This has included coming here on AVS and other Forums to smear Upgrade Company's name in hopes they'll drive us out of business.

Fortunately we're as busy as can be.

Based on the colorful history with EMM LABS, I fully expect that they'll provide CLASSBA with the most awful report they can muster up!

Archived
classba's Avatar classba 10:18 AM 12-09-2009
[quote=MrHiEndAudio;17687194]CLASSBA Obviously I could not have suspected your player was black market/stolen until AFTER the upgrade had been performed and you became friendly and admitted in a round about way that you obtain cell phones and EMM and other brands from a "special source". The real proof came when you demanded that I remove the EMM LABS serial number placard off the rear of your CDSA.

BS......what round about way???? my player is a gray import bought from Audiogon and the serial number was changed unknowningly to me until I received it for that matter. Emm have since extracted the real serial number from within which I'm glad and will even place a new sticker for me with a 3 years warranty after being repaired. Surely, they will report me if the player is stolen and refuse to work on it.

Why avoid my question and stop making slander remarks about me and others which won't hold a candle.

Why are you scared/ refused to ship my new stock un used parts to Emm's mrhiend ??????????????????

With holding my paid for parts and not doing as instructed only make you a what??????. I think you know the answer to that, it starts with the letter "C" .enough said.
MrHiEndAudio's Avatar MrHiEndAudio 10:33 AM 12-09-2009
Just called the BBB: We need to register with them and then we'll have a high rating.
classba's Avatar classba 10:38 AM 12-09-2009
Quote:

Just called the BBB: We need to register with them and then we'll have a high rating.

Why now and not before you opened your big mouth???

Answer my question please as it is more important. the main man has gone very quiet and keeps avoiding my question.............
John Robert's Avatar John Robert 02:33 PM 12-09-2009
That any of the parties involved don't discuss this dispute through PM or private email tells me all I need to know about both sides. Sheesh...

John
classba's Avatar classba 04:21 PM 12-09-2009
Quote:

Here are the facts:

Interesting that we have yet another crook turn up here: "classba" who we have learned deals in black market stolen merchandise in the UK, including cell phones (his Audiogon ID is "FLASHUNLOCK" no less!), hot EMM LABS, dCs and other gear ogftensold in Hong Kong and Singapore. "CLASSBA" sent us what turned out to be a black market/stolen EMM LAbs CDSA-SE player. All was well for many months until CLASSBA decided to remove the top cover to "have a look around at the magic" in his words. Per his own admission on tape, CLASSBA decided to dissassemble some of the CDSA and look at the player in greater detail, and ended up pulling wires loose from inside of a connector, which he attempeted to resolder it himself, admitting right on tape over the phone that he "cannot solder too well", it wont work now, will you have a look?" "If you send it to EMM LABS PLEASE remove the serial number off the back". "It is not an uauthoried EMM's unit. I get them from a "special source". Well we have the serial number from your player which ou asked us to remove, right here "classba". And "No" we are not going to repair the player when you have voided your warranty, published out and out lies to the internet, and have turned out to be a complete crook with a hot black market player. Secondly, the inside was a filthy mess of dust and pet hair when your EMM arrived. Third, you cannot work on electronics without following proper grounding procedures including wearing a grounding strap aroud your wrist to prevent static discharge into the player when touching it in any manner whatsoever inside. You admitted on tape that you had the top cover off to show friends and that your pet sheds a lot, and that you were totally unaware that static discharge can cause serious damage, especially when you said loud and clear "It might have some black pet hair in it because I had it sitting on the floor trying to fix it".

I think a call to Scotland Yard is in order you crook.
The Upgrade Company LLC has a SPOTLESS Michigan Atty General and BBB record, with hundreds of new satisfied customers every year. I urge both you and MCLSOUND to file a formal report as it will only aid in the investigation and hopefull full-prosecution by authorities against criminals like yourselves. Neither one of you were even able to get a charge back. Our record is spotless, and I'll bet authorities are onto you now. You try lying in a police or any official report and I will personally so to it that you both are additionally prosecuted for filling out a false police report. Hopefully with some jail time to straighten you crooks out.

ClassBA's Audiogon ID "Flashunlock" says it all: bragging that you know how to unlock the flash memory of stolen and black market cell phones for resale.

HOW DARE YOU EVEN TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING SO BELOW THE BELT??????

Why did you e mailed me just last week asking me for the best price of a DCS Scarlatti stack to ship to you to re-sell for a profit knowing according to you I deal in stolen goods? You know I totally ignored you because of my player issue.

If they are the FACTS as mentioned above, can you please e mail me in writting confirming my criminal activities of stolen goods in the Uk especially my Emm Labs CDSA-SE player?. I have already taken this up with my lawyer since this is a very serious accusational matter. mod, please do not remove this thread as it can be used as evidence.

Also you have parts that belongs to me which are paid for in full as I have the invoice for it paid by pay pal.

MY AUDIOGON ID IS AS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE SO GO AND CHECK IT OUT BY ALL MEANS.

I TRUELY HOPE YOU KEPT ALL THOSE UNAUTHORIZED CONVERSATIONS RECORDINGS OF YOUR SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS.

rock_bottom's Avatar rock_bottom 05:26 PM 12-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Shep View Post

Hey chris, please pass the popcorn...this thread is going to get interesting in a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

sure... i made a BIG batch after reading that, since i was thinking the same as you...

Well, it took a little longer than expected to get going, but definitely didn't disappoint .
kitsum's Avatar kitsum 11:02 PM 12-09-2009
Some time ago my friend paid $700 to upgrade the internal wiring and critical parts of his Marantz PM94 amp with heavy 12-14 ga Cardas cable. Even 1" jumpers were replaced for a total of about 30-40 pieces, 1" to 6" long.
Now the amp interior looks like a jungle, with heavy solder joints and thick wire everywhere. He insists the amp now sounds better. I still think he's crazy.
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai 11:30 PM 12-09-2009
Quote:

Ah, it's not "eavsdropping" when you are a "direct party to the conversation".
Don't try and play lawyer when you're clearly not. I have consulted several lawyers on this recording technique used to catch liars and crooks, and they have all said that it is perfecty legal. Michigan Law clearly states that "any person may record the conversation as long as you are a direct party to the conversation".

Perhaps you can cite the law you're referring to. I am not a lawyer but there's no reason people can't complain to Michigan's legal entitiies if they're dissatisfied with their dealings with you. If there's merit maybe something will be done and it doesn't necessarily mean a refund of monies. They could consider pulling your license to operate a business in the state of Michigan. OTOH, if there's no merit then so it goes, right?
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai 11:35 PM 12-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by classba View Post

[/u][/b]

HOW DARE YOU EVEN TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING SO BELOW THE BELT??????

Why did you e mailed me just last week asking me for the best price of a DCS Scarlatti stack to ship to you to re-sell for a profit knowing according to you I deal in stolen goods? You know I totally ignored you because of my player issue.

If they are the FACTS as mentioned above, can you please e mail me in writting confirming my criminal activities of stolen goods in the Uk especially my Emm Labs CDSA-SE player?. I have already taken this up with my lawyer since this is a very serious accusational matter. mod, please do not remove this thread as it can be used as evidence.

Also you have parts that belongs to me which are paid for in full as I have the invoice for it paid by pay pal.

MY AUDIOGON ID IS AS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE SO GO AND CHECK IT OUT BY ALL MEANS.

I TRUELY HOPE YOU KEPT ALL THOSE UNAUTHORIZED CONVERSATIONS RECORDINGS OF YOUR SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS.

This is precious. Can you copy/paste the emails here and just redact any personal information or perhaps send them my way? PM me and I'll give you details.
Fanaticalism's Avatar Fanaticalism 01:19 AM 12-10-2009
Boy, things sure get saucy around this company.
classba's Avatar classba 06:10 AM 12-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

This is precious. Can you copy/paste the emails here and just redact any personal information or perhaps send them my way? PM me and I'll give you details.

Thanks a million for your advice and help. I will know very soon what I need to do regarding the whole matter.

Cheers
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 09:39 PM 12-10-2009
Throw the Mod word in a thread and the fun begins. Two things I really find hard to believe. One that people actually send off brand new units without even listening to them to have them modded. How can you actually have any idea on what improvements there are if any at all? The second thing is I am shocked that this thread is still up and going.

Bill
Fanaticalism's Avatar Fanaticalism 10:30 PM 12-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Throw the Mod word in a thread and the fun begins. Two things I really find hard to believe. One that people actually send off brand new units without even listening to them to have them modded. How can you actually have any idea on what improvements there are if any at all? The second thing is I am shocked that this thread is still up and going.

Bill

Because it wouldn't matter when you take into account our aural memory cannot resolve the differences in sonics played within seconds of each other with any kind of certainty.
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 11:46 PM 12-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

Because it wouldn't matter when you take into account our aural memory cannot resolve the differences in sonics played within seconds of each other with any kind of certainty.

How about if you at least listen to the component first and then decide hmmm it sounds pretty damn good. So then why bother with the Mods.

Bill
Kpt_Krunch's Avatar Kpt_Krunch 07:19 PM 12-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

How about if you at least listen to the component first and then decide hmmm it sounds pretty damn good. So then why bother with the Mods.

Bill

That makes sense to me. Why would anyone this side of Shaquille O'Neal or Tiger Woods (i.e. people with more money then they know what to do with) buy a transport for 10 grand and then get it modded? Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Wish I knew those people though - I could use some money right about now myself
denon a1xva's Avatar denon a1xva 12:29 AM 12-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke69 View Post

I have a very modest system by AVS standards (but I have always gotten great and REALISTIC advice from this august body)

Sony ES CD
Music Hall DAC
Adcom GFP-565 Pre
Bryston 2B-lp amp
B&W cdm-1 speakers
Velodyne DD series sub
14 gauges home depot speaker wire and cheap bluejean interconnects

I would love to imrpove my systems overall performance when playing both CD's and lossless files from my computer (through USB on Music Hall tube DAC).

I stumbled upon "The Upgrade Company" and contacted them for a quote. The price to upgrade my CD,DAC, Pre and Amp, while high seemed quite reasonable compared to purchasing new.

Does anyone have any experience with "the Upgrade Company"? Is it worth the cost? Does it work or is it more audiophile black magic/snake oil? Given the expense I am only interested in clear and obvious audible improvements.

Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Today we did a little test between a TUC (The upgrade Company) upgraded Oppo 83 SE (signature Edition) and a stock Oppo.

I have to tell you that i´ve never heard a stock Oppo before and ordered one directly from The upgrade company, so i could not tell the difference.

The upgraded version did run a 100 hours, according to David Schulte the burn in period is a little longer.

We connected the Oppo signature edition only analog 7.1.

We played sacd, cd´s, and we tested a blu ray music disc from ´Sting´ live.

The big differences we´ve noticed were that the midrange was better and the voices were much more clearer than the stock edition.

We played from Jazz to Soul.. the Oppo sounded great and didn´t have any problems.. playing any kind of music.

The owner of the stock Oppo was really impressed with the Signature edition and we both agreed that it was worth the extra money.

On PQ there was no difference between the Signature and the stock but that will also improve in time when the videoboard will be used.

The test was done with stock cables (speaker cable, power ).

I also own a Denon A1XVA dvd player but i really think the Signature Oppo sounded better analog.

In February next year when my new house will be finished, i will be connecting the Oppo signature edition to my Denon AVC A1HDA amp and the rest of my setup and then i can really compare it with my old setup.

It´s a shame you guys live on the other side of the ocean ;-) or else i would have passed by with this Signature Edition to do a little shootout test.

For the people who read this first and got a little confused:

On the moment we have:

Oppo BDP 83
Oppo BDP 83 SE (Special edition)
Oppo BDP 83 SE (Signature edition from The upgrade company)
Oppo BDP 83 SE Nuforce edition

Thanks for reading
Leviathan.jk's Avatar Leviathan.jk 07:31 AM 12-13-2009
denon a1xva: Was the TUC upgraded Oppo player a SE version or the normal version?

Because the comparison is a little off if it was a SE version. A non-upgraded SE version should beat a stock Oppo 83 without any upgrade. You cannot know if the TUC upgrade made the difference or not .
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop