Let's see pics of your stereo setup! - Page 22 - AVS Forum
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last
2-Channel Audio > Let's see pics of your stereo setup!
Will2007's Avatar Will2007 04:55 PM 11-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGibby View Post

New guy to the forum. Here's a quick shot of mine after hanging the TV and refinishing the walls.

Nice. Also, I wanted to congratulate you on having the balls to post after robertintemple's pics of his amazing room and speakers and gear. I couldn't have followed that.

Trainleader's Avatar Trainleader 03:46 AM 11-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

Trainleader, what speakers are those? They look amazing on those stands!

Thanks Summa! Well it's the Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (mk1) with the original stands. I like the mk1as I think that the more traditional Sonus Faber caracter of the sound suits my quite analytic gear a little bit better tha mk2 the M-model.
Summa's Avatar Summa 12:04 AM 11-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainleader View Post

Thanks Summa! Well it's the Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (mk1) with the original stands. I like the mk1as I think that the more traditional Sonus Faber caracter of the sound suits my quite analytic gear a little bit better tha mk2 the M-model.

Ah, I should have guessed Sonus Faber...I've always admired the extra effort they put into aesthetics...just beautiful speakers. ]

You have excellent taste!
Trainleader's Avatar Trainleader 01:16 AM 11-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

Ah, I should have guessed Sonus Faber...I've always admired the extra effort they put into aesthetics...just beautiful speakers. ]

You have excellent taste!

Well.. thanks! smile.gif I think.. either you like the SF looks and sound or hate it. It's not much left in the middle there. smile.gif I like all sorts of gears. I like the posts of a little bit older and much cheaper setups in this forum. Guess they sound both fun and impressive most of the times! I bought a 2-channel for my 20 years old son for his exam this year. I bought used stuff piece by piece. I've got him a mint wooden turnable (Pioneer PL-10) and bought a new belt, a Ortofon OM-20 picup (demo ex £50) and changed the signalcable for a pure copper £70 new one. Then I got him Cambridge Audio riaa, dac, tuner, cd-player and integrated amp. Futhermore shielded copper signalcables for about $30 each, speakercables for $150 just thick copper with $10/pair connectors, heavy stands with spikes and great sounding bookshelves from the early nineties (Mordaunt Short), all together for about £900 (that's almost the price for my speakercables! ) and it's sounds WOW in his bedroom! From heavy rock /techno to jazz/classical it sounds beautiful! A lucky combo! He's not impressed of my gears anymore.. it sounds ok he says... OK!!?? eek.gifmad.gif !!
Trainleader's Avatar Trainleader 01:51 AM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

Please tell me that you only put your PSB speakers together for
The pic you took? eek.gif

That kit should rock if you spread them!
Trainleader's Avatar Trainleader 01:55 AM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips0762 View Post

That kit should rock if you spread them!

Trainleader's Avatar Trainleader 02:09 AM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndo View Post

My first 2 channel setup. Still investigating the necessity of a subwoofer.

That combo is interesting! Should work just fine! It should sound nice allready. A sub will add some wow i guess. smile.gif
drewTT's Avatar drewTT 01:05 PM 11-24-2013
Living room stereo/movie system:

Nearfield setup:

Rodrigues_Brazil's Avatar Rodrigues_Brazil 02:49 AM 12-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

Living room stereo/movie system:

Nearfield setup:

Gorgeous systems!
shawndo's Avatar shawndo 06:38 AM 12-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainleader View Post

That combo is interesting! Should work just fine! It should sound nice allready. A sub will add some wow i guess. smile.gif
I did end up getting an SVS SB12-NSD. great combo
zuluwalker's Avatar zuluwalker 01:32 PM 12-08-2013
Hello,

We built our Theatre room with expectation that other parts of our home would grow their own character, and create unique places to visit. My wife envisioned her own library room. I made it to meet her desires, and then added a little rig to add music. She is in love with the romance that Vinyl introduces to her special room.

I have a Pro-Ject Xpression Classic III turntable, an Anthem MCA2 amp, and a Classe SSP25 set up to a pair of Paradigm Studio 10's for my little two channel rig. I plan for many more changes and upgrades over the next few years.

Thanks for looking.

JD NC's Avatar JD NC 09:23 AM 12-23-2013
I put my home theater gear into a 1973 Magnavox stereo console and hooked everything up to my in-wall HT speakers. Still a work in progress, but I'm liking the results a lot so far.

The rest of the theater setup. Display is a 50" Panasonic plasma. R and L speakers are DefTech 6.5" in-walls, and the center is a DefTech Mythos 7. The surrounds are 5.5" Def Tech in walls on the opposite wall. Subwoofer is a MartinLogan Dynamo 500 across the room. Wires are run in the walls and under the floor to a central panel behind the cabinet.
This is the top right well, with the tuner and micromatic turntable changer.
This was another happy coincidence. My Sony S390 blu ray fits perfectly in the left well. It's only 14" wide and 10" deep, so the tray can open and close freely. It also has Wifi, so I don't have to run an ethernet cable.
AV components in the left speaker bay. AVR is a Yamaha V673, which is a pretty tight fit. It's deep and tall, so reorienting it sideways doesn't save much space. The DirecTV DVR and AppleTV are on top, with room to spare. Once the IR repeater is wired up, cable management will be a high priority. I will probably leave the back cover off permanently, though, so that I can get quick access to the components if I need to. The grilles provide a decent amount of ventilation, but the AVR and DVR both get pretty hot, so that's another reason to leave the back cover off. The unit is on casters, so it's easy enough to move the cabinet away from the wall, but it's heavy enough that it won't move unless you want it to.

Lots more pictures of my build in this gallery:

http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2309810/vintage-maganvox-console-as-a-diy-home-theater-cabinet/
sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 05:25 PM 12-23-2013

Here's my living room setup.  

Its a bit of an old photo.  I've upgraded to a 65" Panasonic S64 Plasma since then.  The receiver is a Harman Kardon HK-3490 120 watt model with Klipsch Legend KLF-10 speakers.  Not pictured is a 400 watt Infinity 12" sub and a hidden Adcom GFA 555 power amp I recently added to the mix.  I also have a Technics sl-1200 mk5 off to the side.

The Harman Kardon is hands down the sub 300 dollar receiver for 2 channel listening!  Its heavy, simple, and 120 watts is plenty to drive most speakers that would match that budget.

Klipsch has always been my go to speaker.  Having ultra sensitive speakers has always been a must for me.  Im a rock and roller and I need ballistically loud Van Halen at all times.

I love 2 channel setups for critical listening as well as regular TV Viewing.  Eventually, Ill upgrade probably to a used Onkyo 809 as i run everything digitally as it is now.  As I see it the older 809 can basically decode and handle every format i need, as well as upconvert video to 1080p/24 so why go newer?  Ill sitll of course use the Adcom!  for 300 dollars there is nothing better you can do to a simple 2 channel system!  I used just recievers for my whole life until now, mostly high powered stuff from the 80's.

I do pose a question.  How many of us are using a sub in their 2 channel setup? any recommended models or setups or general advice? i have mine set to around 50hz to help with the bottom end.  The system already images great bass without it, but adds just enough punch and isn't terribly out of phase.  It also mainly helps for when when are watching film on the gorgeous new tv (not pictured)

Ill update with a newer photo someday but I thought I would share!

scottvamp's Avatar scottvamp 11:23 AM 12-25-2013
This is my current setup. I do listen to a lot of two channel music lately via Pandora One on DirectTV and the sound is close to basic CD quality. House has 10 foot ceilings and full open floor plan. I am sure I could use room treatments but I am just renting for now. Does bring a smile to my face for music and movies.smile.gif
Tekton ~ Oppo ~ Onkyo ~ Monster ~ SVS ~ Ultimax Diy

sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 11:35 AM 12-25-2013
Your rack for gear looks great!
scottvamp's Avatar scottvamp 12:32 PM 12-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrocker5150 View Post

Your rack for gear looks great!
Thanks, VTI stands & racks look great and are affordable.
FMW's Avatar FMW 06:52 PM 12-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post

Here is my 2-channel rig in the living room. The speakers are DIY horns veneered in sapelel pommele.

Oooh! Nice job with the speakers. They remind of me the Altec A5's from years past but they appear to be quite a bit larger.
Wardsweb's Avatar Wardsweb 09:37 AM 12-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

Oooh! Nice job with the speakers. They remind of me the Altec A5's from years past but they appear to be quite a bit larger.

Thank you. They took a very long time to complete and are my favorites. Here is a picture with the grills on.

FMW's Avatar FMW 10:48 AM 12-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post

Thank you. They took a very long time to complete and are my favorites. Here is a picture with the grills on.

Excellent work.
Cruzin's Avatar Cruzin 04:28 PM 12-28-2013
HI guys,

Thought I'd post a photo of my 2 channel/HT set up.

I seem to be listening to more 2 channel as of late,which prompted this post.
My mains are Martin Logan Aerius-I ,driven by an Aragon 4004 dual mono amp. Nakamichi MB2 is doing the CD duty.

Of course when I do listen to music,the mains are moved out from the wall by about 5 feet ,unlike in the photo.

A new turntable will be added shortly.

I know it's not half as nice looking as Wardsweb,but I like it.

Alan
JA Fant's Avatar JA Fant 06:15 PM 12-29-2013
Outstanding! pics All!

here's to 2014.
drewTT's Avatar drewTT 04:51 PM 01-02-2014
Couple changes to my nearfield/headphone setup.

Added KEF LS50 speakers and Woo Audio WA2 tube preamp/headphone amp.

Summa's Avatar Summa 01:55 AM 01-08-2014
Nice Drew...are those T1s I see in the background? I love my pair...
sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 02:38 AM 01-13-2014

Here's what I'm working with these days.  A new Panasonic TC-P65S64 Plasma.  I've upgraded my stereo a bit. I've added a Adcom GFA-555 that just had had servicing.  The Klipsch KLF-10's and Infinity sub (not pictured) are unchanged.  I'm still using a Harman-Kardon HK-3490, which is an excellent 2 channel budget reciever.  It's currently just being used as a pre amp, which its not terribly good at.  It doesnt handle or decode all the fantastic digital signals I want it to. It will be replaced by a used Onkyo 809 in the future I'm sure.  Eventually this will turn into a 5.1 once we move, but I dont have the space to properly place surrounds, or widen the front speakers for better imaging.

Newvintage's Avatar Newvintage 12:06 PM 01-13-2014

6.JPG 151k .JPG file 5.JPG 131k .JPG file 4.JPG 162k .JPG file 3.JPG 144k .JPG file 2.JPG 142k .JPG file These are my vintage 1980's SAE audio equipment in a very modern rack fit for the 2014 home theater gears.Got them at Crazy Eddies' and J&R here in the east coast when I was in my 20's and poor.Gradually fulfilled my dreams via eBay.I still have to upgrade my mid level Polk Audio (1k watts total) speakers to a much high end brand and add an Ipod dock and a vinyl turntable to complete the system.Never give up on your dreams !!

1.JPG 110k .JPG file

Attached: 1.JPG (109.8 KB)  2.JPG (141.8 KB)  3.JPG (144.0 KB)  4.JPG (162.0 KB)  5.JPG (130.6 KB)  6.JPG (150.7 KB) 
Newvintage's Avatar Newvintage 12:57 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newvintage View Post

6.JPG 151k .JPG file 5.JPG 131k .JPG file 4.JPG 162k .JPG file 3.JPG 144k .JPG file 2.JPG 142k .JPG file These are my vintage 1980's SAE audio equipment in a very modern rack fit for the 2014 home theater gears.Got them at Crazy Eddies' and J&R here in the east coast when I was in my 20's and poor.Gradually fulfilled my dreams via eBay.I still have to upgrade my mid level Polk Audio (1k watts total) speakers to a much high end brand and add an Ipod dock and a vinyl turntable to complete the system.Never give up on your dreams !!

1.JPG 110k .JPG file

kiwi2's Avatar kiwi2 03:00 AM 01-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneertop View Post

hey kiwi2 ...am not sure what your trying to say.... can you elaborate ..a bit more...

Yes. Room symmetry. If one speaker is in a corner and/or right up against a side wall and the other speaker is in the middle of the wall length in virtually free space - the two speakers are going to produce radically different sound fields. Both in frequency response measurements and in the time arrivals of reflected sounds. You may as well of brought two different speakers rather than buying a pair of speakers.

It's funny in these AVS forums as everybody here seems to like to make fun of those "stupid audiophiles" that spend more money on and worry about equipment rather than their rooms and then your typical AVS forum member takes the high road as if they understand the science behind it and those "stupid audiophiles" don't.

Yet at least browsing through their show us your equipment threads, that a greater majority of them have at least tried to achieve some symmetry and you don't see nowhere near as many horrendously placed speakers in a room.

Going by this I would say your typical audiophile has a much better understanding of things.
Stanton's Avatar Stanton 09:48 AM 01-14-2014
Here's a "before and after" TV viewing vs. projector/screen viewing:

...and here's a close-up view of the rack (door open):

Full disclosure: my Onkyo cassette deck has recently been replaced with a Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1 (yea!). At some point I need to update my rack photo.
DrDon's Avatar DrDon 11:59 AM 01-14-2014
Enough with the condescending remarks.
Summa's Avatar Summa 11:33 PM 01-14-2014
Love seeing people using projectors...as much as I love my Panny plasma, nothing compares to a huge, bright, beautiful image when it comes to movies
Tags: Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker , Rega , Sonus Faber , B W , Mcintosh Labs , Arcam , Denon , Vienna Acoustics , Auralex , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Marantz , Pioneer , Psb , Velodyne , Sonos , Nad , Polk Audio , Infinity
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop