AVS Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 748 participants last post by  Geoff4RFC 
#1 ·
It would be fun to see pics of your classic stereo setup !

Thanks,

Rob

#2,262 ·
So, this is my setup:
-Onkyo tx-sv303 pro, quite basic actually BUT POWER****NFUL
-5 RCA speakers
-1 jbl center
-1 big ass sony subwoofer
-4 sony speakers
I attached a video. So, let me know what you guys think. I tried to make it an invisible setup since you only see the RCA center, on the floor, you see the 2 RCA surround speakers at the back and that is all you see in the room. The subw and the L and R are hidden. The L and R behind the TV and the subw and the sony speakers inside a closet and cabinet or buro as shown in the video.
The audio is so balanced, bass is deep VERY deep and mids and lows are incredible. It sounds great IMO. http://sendvid.com/84oxbkpv http://sendvid.com/84oxbkpv :eek: I made it invisible because I get distracted by speakers and I want the room to look as clean and incognito as possible.

Attachments

#2,264 ·
So, I have 11 speakers connected to the amp.

2 centers (JBL, RCA)

3 left (sony and rca)

3 right (sony and rca)

1 subw ( Sony)

2 surround speakers (rca)

And 1 main amplified subwoofer, this is not connected to the onkyo directly but to the computer through 3.5 mm. The amp does not power it. Leave your comments! If you want more videos let me know!

#2,267 ·
I have nothing against ripping music (lossless) to my computer. Sometimes it's just a matter of convenience. Which is why I mainly use it as background listening. I still prefer dropping a shiny disc in the tray, hitting play and sinking into my chair with a nice beverage. Cheers.

#2,268 ·
Nice gear

I was gonna upgrade my MCD301 to the MCD500 but I was so "fearful" of Mac sources at that point that I decided to stand pat with the 301 as it works like it should...

I sure could use those digital inputs now though. :(

Reactions: ecaman
#2,273 · (Edited)
Nothing to fancy.

Marantz PM8004 Integrated Amplifier
Oppo BDP-105D Universal Player
Music Hall MMF-5.1/Ortofon 2M Bronze/Project Speed Box
iFi iPhono Pre Amp
Apple Airport Express
Paradigm 7se MkII Speakers
Wireworld/Audioquest cables

Attachments

#2,295 · (Edited)
My modest listening room 2-channel setup.

Technics SL1200mk2 Turntable w/Ortofon Red MM (from my DJing days)
Clearaudio Concept Turntable w/Concept MC
Clearaudio nano v2 Phono Preamp
Schiit Mani Phono Preamp
Sansui Au-999 Integrated Amp (recapped)
Marantz 2250 Receiver
Marantz 5220 Cassette Deck
Rotel RCD-971 CD Player
B&W CM1 Speakers (not shown)
Onkyo Integra Integrated A-809 (not shown)
Marantz 2226 Receiver (not shown)
Pioneer CT-F900 (not shown)

Attachments

#2,315 ·
Rearranged my audio room and moved the TV out. Added the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers and you can see the box to my newly acquired VPI 16.5 record cleaning machine.

Attachments

#2,321 ·
Niiiiice....

Lovin' the "audio only" dedicated vibe of just the two channel components...;)

#2,322 ·
TV: 65" 4K OLED UHD - LG B6
Speakers: Martin Logan Motion 60XT
Integrated Amp: Peachtree Nova 150 - 240w x 2 @ 4ohms.
Gaming Console: PS4
DVR / Set-top Box: Tivo Romio
Power Line Conditioner: Panamax M5400-PM
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 33 - Biwired.
Media console / Table: EQ3 - Reclaimed Teak Plasma Unit.

Music source: iPad Pro, Tidal 24bit lossless audio.

#2,323 ·
TV: 65" 4K OLED UHD - LG B6
Speakers: Martin Logan Motion 60XT
Integrated Amp: Peachtree Nova 150 - 240w x 2 @ 4ohms.
Gaming Console: PS4
DVR / Set-top Box: Tivo Romio
Power Line Conditioner: Panamax M5400-PM
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 33 - Biwired.
Media console / Table: EQ3 - Reclaimed Teak Plasma Unit.

Music source: iPad Pro, Tidal 24bit lossless audio.
LOVE the simplicity of the system - how does it sound?!

#2,338 ·
Here's my 2-channel room, or more like area since its open to the kitchen, dining and living room. It's a pair of Totem Hawks that I found last year used and a Peachtree Nova220. I stream Tidal, iTunes, and Pandora via an AppleTV. Pretty simple and I've really come to love the Hawks. They absolutely disappear into the music and the bass is astonishing for such a small speaker. They play into the lower 30's and don't distort until pushed into really high volumes -- higher than I care to listen.

I'll post pics of my downstairs room later as I'm working on rearranging things.

Attachments

#2,342 ·
Here's my 2-channel room, or more like area since its open to the kitchen, dining and living room. It's a pair of Totem Hawks that I found last year used and a Peachtree Nova220. I stream Tidal, iTunes, and Pandora via an AppleTV. Pretty simple and I've really come to love the Hawks. They absolutely disappear into the music and the bass is astonishing for such a small speaker. They play into the lower 30's and don't distort until pushed into really high volumes -- higher than I care to listen.

I'll post pics of my downstairs room later as I'm working on rearranging things.

Really nice, I was seriously considering picking up a pair of Hawks before I got my Tekton Lores.

#2,343 ·
Here's my set up for both 2 and Multi Channel. I have some older Infinity Speakers I was using for Surrounds in an Atmos configuration until I can get some decent replacements. Still in the process of upgrading but here is the current config.

Marantz SR-7010
Marantz MM-7025 2-Channel Amplifier
Klipsch RP-260 Mains - RP440 Center Channel - RP160 Surrounds (not pictured) - Sony WM500 Subwoofer (not pictured)

I purchased these back in November and have been a joy to use with my Klipsch set up. The Klipsch RP 260 Speakers I've had for a bit over a year now.

Technics SL1200 Turntable with a standard Stanton 500 Cartridge for now.
NAS Server with FLAC files for streaming.
Spotify Connect via the SR7010

#2,353 ·
Here's the downstairs room. It's more than 2 channel but when I listen to music I primarily listen in 2 channel or 2.1.

The system is:

Pioneer SC1323k receiver
Emotiva XPA-100 amps (2 for L/R channels)
Aperion Audio Intimus 6T speakers and 6C center
Paradigm Cinema speakers for surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
Vizio e65 4k TV

Attachments

#2,354 ·
My 2-Channel Setup:

VPI Classic Signature/SoundSmith Zephyr
Jolida JD-100 CDP
Rogue Audio Ares Phono Stage
Rogue Audio Perseus Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblocks
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires/Cables

Attachments

#2,361 ·
Hi all thought I'd share my 2 channel setup,

Just moved into our new house this weekend gone, speakers arrived on Monday.

Being from little ol NZ the choices aren't as far ranging as the US of A, but I've got a Rotel RA1592 driving some Klipsch RF7 II and some Velodyne Impact 10 subs to fill out the low end.

I have the Rotel RCD 1570 to pick up on the weekend for a self xmas pressie, a bunch of cables and a furman power conditioner coming, then I might get a cabinet or something., just having a few brews and listening to music at the moment!

I have a bunch of vinyl that my old man gave to me so need to look into a turntable at some point, got some great Bowie and Floyd in there somewhere.

Currently listening my way thought the 60's aiming to get to get to the present at the end of next year, mainly listen to electronica but these speakers love vocals (horns?) so might diverge for a while.

Chur

Attachments

#2,363 ·
Yup. Just remember to remove the EXIF data from your photos, specifically your geo location, when using your mobile device :)

Reactions: Matt2026