Let's see pics of your stereo setup! - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2913Likes

post #2341 of 2636 Old 12-17-2016, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
I sit about 13 feet away due to room constraints and really, despite at times feeling I wanted a 65", 60" is perfect. Recently moved it 1 foot closer to the seating position so that the screen was in line with the front 3 speakers.

I'm actually dreading the day when that 60" Plasma fails as the picture is still marvelous and I doubt there is anything better out there for what I'm willing to spend, (ie. less than $1500).
Thanks for your feedback, gaj; so you are happy with a 60 at 13 feet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2636 Old 12-17-2016, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3477 Post(s)
Liked: 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
Thanks for your feedback, gaj; so you are happy with a 60 at 13 feet?
Yes it is certainly not inadequate and as the room is only about 15 wide it leaves enough room for my tower speakers on each side with the additional constraint of a gas "wood stove" in the far right hand corner looking at the TV from the MLP.

A room that size really can't handle much more than that IMHO otherwise it starts to look like half the room is TV!

I could likely squeeze in a 65 but certainly nolarger than that.
IntelliVolume likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #2343 of 2636 Old 12-17-2016, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
Here's my 2-channel room, or more like area since its open to the kitchen, dining and living room. It's a pair of Totem Hawks that I found last year used and a Peachtree Nova220. I stream Tidal, iTunes, and Pandora via an AppleTV. Pretty simple and I've really come to love the Hawks. They absolutely disappear into the music and the bass is astonishing for such a small speaker. They play into the lower 30's and don't distort until pushed into really high volumes -- higher than I care to listen.

I'll post pics of my downstairs room later as I'm working on rearranging things.

Really nice, I was seriously considering picking up a pair of Hawks before I got my Tekton Lores.

post #2344 of 2636 Old 12-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Here's my set up for both 2 and Multi Channel. I have some older Infinity Speakers I was using for Surrounds in an Atmos configuration until I can get some decent replacements. Still in the process of upgrading but here is the current config.

Marantz SR-7010
Marantz MM-7025 2-Channel Amplifier
Klipsch RP-260 Mains - RP440 Center Channel - RP160 Surrounds (not pictured) - Sony WM500 Subwoofer (not pictured)

I purchased these back in November and have been a joy to use with my Klipsch set up. The Klipsch RP 260 Speakers I've had for a bit over a year now.

Technics SL1200 Turntable with a standard Stanton 500 Cartridge for now.
NAS Server with FLAC files for streaming.
Spotify Connect via the SR7010

post #2345 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Quote:
That's a handsome unit. Wondering if the top can be removed. Then you can fit a larger tv above it and it would still look good and you wouldn't have to buy new furniture.
Thanks for the compliment on the unit; hence, the reason we'd like to keep it. It really does warm up our living room.

The top can be removed, as well as the bridge above where the TV sits, but that presents another host of issues -- if we did that, I'd lose the shelf where I place my center channel and it doesn't really help with the diagonal sizing of a larger set fitting in there. Is that what you meant by "fit a larger TV ABOVE it"?

Quote:
Even the 65" from 12' could be bigger. I wanted a 70", or like I said an 84" screen, but couldn't justify the cost jump on the 70" and already explained the screen/projector issue.
I understand that at our seating distance we could go for a stadium/multiplex-sized screen but we just can't afford it, nor have the room to fit a massive display if we keep the entertainment unit (which I prefer the look of compared to just hanging a flat screen on a plain wall). I, too, wanted one of those Sharp 80-90-inch LCDs they were making a few years back (1080p) but couldn't possibly fit one in our room, given the furniture layout.
My thought was to remove the top portion and wall mount the tv. You could get whatever size makes you happy. Then you could use the bottom as a shelf for a center channel.
nlpearman likes this.
post #2346 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
My thought was to remove the top portion and wall mount the tv. You could get whatever size makes you happy. Then you could use the bottom as a shelf for a center channel.
This is the exact change I'm considering for my entertainment unit.
However, I do love how, with the center on a shelf above the TV, the TV is very near the perfect eye level.

It's a game of trade-offs...

Upgraditis Anonymous
post #2347 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
If we do that, we lose at least a foot of viewing distance -- the way it is now, the screen is pulled out off the wall, in the wall unit, at least a foot and a half...so we'd be losing that even in a bigger screen...plus, we really don't like the way the "on the wall" hanging method looks for a TV (just preference). Additionally, the bottom portion couldn't be used for the center because we're keeping a cable box there now (though this could be moved to the VERY bottom of that center piece and I can add an acoustic panel in place of the glass and place the center there)...

I know what you're suggesting, and I totally envisioned that for this room, too -- perhaps losing the entire wall unit and putting a screen on the wall and then adding two separate "pier" pieces to the left and right of the screen to "mimic" an entertainment center...my wife and I always come back to that preference of a full entertainment unit surrounding a display...

We have to keep thinking of ideas on this one; if you guys can continue to suggest ideas, I would be most grateful and it would be most helpful!

Thanks!
post #2348 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpearman View Post
This is the exact change I'm considering for my entertainment unit.
However, I do love how, with the center on a shelf above the TV, the TV is very near the perfect eye level.

It's a game of trade-offs...
Precisely.
post #2349 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 10782
Quote:
We have to keep thinking of ideas on this one; if you guys can continue to suggest ideas, I would be most grateful and it would be most helpful!
Thanks!
What if you put a stereo set up in then post pics in this thread?

Nice set up groove93, thanks for posting pictures of your gear.
djreef likes this.

¿lɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ

post #2350 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen arcane View Post
What if you put a stereo set up in then post pics in this thread?

Nice set up groove93, thanks for posting pictures of your gear.
T-W-O Channel Audio.

DJ

8.8kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
post #2351 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by heywaj10 View Post
LOVE the simplicity of the system - how does it sound?!
Thanks. I think it sounds great. I've only compared the sound of the Peachtree to a Rotel, as far as integrated amps goes, and the Motion 60XT against B&W lower end CM and 600 series floor standing speakers. The folded motion tweeters have so much clarity and the 8" drivers gives them more than enough base that a subwoofer is not necessary.

TV: LG B6 OLED 4K HDR Smart TV - 65" Class | Set-top Box / DVR / Content sources: Tivo Roamio, Apple TV, PS4
Integrated Amp: Peachtree Audio Nova 150 -- 240 watts x 2 @ 4Ω | A/V Receiver: Marantz SR-5011 5.2.2 configured (fronts powered by integrated amp)
Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XT, 50XT center, Dynamo 700 Subwoofer, Def Tech Mythos 6 surrounds
Power Line Conditioner: Panamax M5400-PM
post #2352 of 2636 Old 12-18-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
We've been thinking about a 65-inch 4K set to replace our 50 in the living room; your LG looks pretty darn big....do you like it?
65" is big enough. I could have gone 75" as I have the wall space, but 55 v 65 v 75, you are getting the same # of pixels. I think that a 65" is the sweet spot since the screen is large enough, but with a higher pixel density than its larger brothers. I also didn't want the TV to be the focal point of the living room as it already is I'm still ordering some furniture to even out the weight between the two ends of the room.

TV: LG B6 OLED 4K HDR Smart TV - 65" Class | Set-top Box / DVR / Content sources: Tivo Roamio, Apple TV, PS4
Integrated Amp: Peachtree Audio Nova 150 -- 240 watts x 2 @ 4Ω | A/V Receiver: Marantz SR-5011 5.2.2 configured (fronts powered by integrated amp)
Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XT, 50XT center, Dynamo 700 Subwoofer, Def Tech Mythos 6 surrounds
Power Line Conditioner: Panamax M5400-PM
post #2353 of 2636 Old 12-19-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loft23 View Post
65" is big enough. I could have gone 75" as I have the wall space, but 55 v 65 v 75, you are getting the same # of pixels. I think that a 65" is the sweet spot since the screen is large enough, but with a higher pixel density than its larger brothers. I also didn't want the TV to be the focal point of the living room as it already is I'm still ordering some furniture to even out the weight between the two ends of the room.
Thanks; I'll keep this in mind as I continue looking at sizes.
post #2354 of 2636 Old 12-19-2016, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Here's the downstairs room. It's more than 2 channel but when I listen to music I primarily listen in 2 channel or 2.1.

The system is:

Pioneer SC1323k receiver
Emotiva XPA-100 amps (2 for L/R channels)
Aperion Audio Intimus 6T speakers and 6C center
Paradigm Cinema speakers for surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
Vizio e65 4k TV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	downstairs.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	1841177  
post #2355 of 2636 Old 12-19-2016, 12:55 PM

Liked: 41
My 2-Channel Setup:

VPI Classic Signature/SoundSmith Zephyr
Jolida JD-100 CDP
Rogue Audio Ares Phono Stage
Rogue Audio Perseus Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblocks
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires/Cables
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4630 (1024x683).jpg
Views:	254
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	1841417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4631 (1024x683).jpg
Views:	238
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	1841425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4440.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	1841433  
post #2356 of 2636 Old 12-19-2016, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MReeter View Post
My 2-Channel Setup:

Jolida JD-100 CDP
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Nice rig.

DJ

8.8kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
post #2357 of 2636 Old 12-20-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djreef View Post
Nice rig.

DJ
Thank you, it's an enjoyable ride.
post #2358 of 2636 Old 12-20-2016, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
My 2-Channel Setup:

Jolida JD-100 CDP
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
I love the Rogue/Dynaudio combination I have, but yours takes it to a new level.

2 Channel
Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, Dynaudio Confidence C1, Clearaudio Performance DC, Clearaudio Maestro V2, Lehmann Silver Cube
post #2359 of 2636 Old 12-20-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertaint View Post
I love the Rogue/Dynaudio combination I have, but yours takes it to a new level.
I'm enjoying the combo also, I just took delivery of the Dyns a week ago today, so they are still breaking in. Great detail and depth, but smooth as Buttha.

btw, I owned the Cronus Magnum for over three years, a wonderful Integrated that has to be one of Audios "Best Values". I'm sure that it drives your C1's beautifully.

Last edited by MReeter; 12-20-2016 at 04:53 AM.
post #2360 of 2636 Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
What a gorgeous room; those speakers are interesting looking, what are they?

60, been riding street since I was 16.

Always wish I'd been able to ride dirt but never close by enough and now I'm too old as dirt = falling if you're doing it right!

Current rides are Suzuki DRZ400SM, (replaced my perfectly sorted TL1000S because the TL sat after I bought the DRZ), and BMW F800ST.

Lots of great riding here in Sonoma County; but the roads are progressively getting worse, especially the back roads, hence the DRZ.

But again, what a freaking gorgeous place; where is that?

Colorado?
Thanks for complement! Yes, we're in Colorado, along the continental divide. Great riding right out the door.

My wife travels to Sonoma County a few times each year. I've never been, but it sounds very appealing, especially the climate. SM DRZ sounds a lot of fun. You must be doing something right to have 44 years of riding under your belt!

Quote:
In my large living room/dining room space I recently replaced my ancient Pro LX5 dipole bookshelves with Martin Logan LX16s paired with a couple of small subs and while the LX16s are superior in every way as a speaker the dipoles were better in spreading the sound across both spaces due to the dipole design.

Both were aimed at the couch which is one half of the combined room and the dipoles sounded better in the whole space while the LX16s were far superior in the main listening position.

So those speakers are likely perfect for you situation.
Ah, I remember the old LX5's from Radio Shack. I used them as PC speakers for years.

Is that a ribbon tweeter on the LX16's? I've always wanted a nice two way with a ribbon for a bedroom system.
post #2361 of 2636 Old 12-20-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3477 Post(s)
Liked: 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve71 View Post

Is that a ribbon tweeter on the LX16's? I've always wanted a nice two way with a ribbon for a bedroom system.
It's a version of an AMT; gives a very detailed sound but the LX16s do benefit from a small sub, (in my case Yamaha SW012 which is perfectly satisfactory and dirt cheap...but you need an AVR with bass management as it has not crossover or speaker level inputs).

"The Air Motion Transformer (AMT) is a type of electroacoustic transducer or loudspeaker, also called Air Velocity Transformer (AVT) or JET transducer. Invented by Dr. Oskar Heil, it operates on a different transduction principle than other loudspeaker designs, such as moving coil, planar magnetic or electrostatically driven loudspeakers, and should not be confused with planar or true ribbon loudspeakers. In contrast to a planar ribbon loudspeaker the diaphragm of the AMT is of pleated shape similar to a bellows. The AMT moves air in an augmented, semi-perpendicular motion using a folded sheet (made of polyethylene, polyester or polyimide), structured around a series of aluminum struts positioned in a high-intensity magnetic field."

They are getting harder to come by now but are still available refurb from HiFiHeaven.

If you like wine, beer or food it's hard to beat what we have around here...and of course the ocean is close by as are Tahoe and SF.
steve71 likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #2362 of 2636 Old 12-20-2016, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all thought I'd share my 2 channel setup,

Just moved into our new house this weekend gone, speakers arrived on Monday.

Being from little ol NZ the choices aren't as far ranging as the US of A, but I've got a Rotel RA1592 driving some Klipsch RF7 II and some Velodyne Impact 10 subs to fill out the low end.

I have the Rotel RCD 1570 to pick up on the weekend for a self xmas pressie, a bunch of cables and a furman power conditioner coming, then I might get a cabinet or something., just having a few brews and listening to music at the moment!

I have a bunch of vinyl that my old man gave to me so need to look into a turntable at some point, got some great Bowie and Floyd in there somewhere.

Currently listening my way thought the 60's aiming to get to get to the present at the end of next year, mainly listen to electronica but these speakers love vocals (horns?) so might diverge for a while.

Chur
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161221_185546_resized.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	1845153   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161221_185532_resized.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	1845169  
post #2363 of 2636 Old 12-21-2016, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 267
This thread is a burglars' paradise lol
djreef, bmcn and Pacodutaco like this.

H/T Set up:
Oppo UDP-203
FrontL&R - Polk TSx550t, Centre - Polk CSiA6 all in Cherry
Surrounds - Mission 77DS & Mission 780s
Subwoofer - Polk PSW125 in Cherry
Receiver - Pioneer VSX-9140THX
post #2364 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsculpture View Post
This thread is a burglars' paradise lol
Yup. Just remember to remove the EXIF data from your photos, specifically your geo location, when using your mobile device
Matt2026 likes this.
post #2365 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 647
especially when you are disabled with multiple firearms in the home and have 20+ years military training. I actually might enjoy a burglary. either end my misery or end someone elses. but yea crime isnt something most normal peeps look forward to.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #2366 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 11556
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
disabled with multiple firearms in the home and have 20+ years military training. I actually might enjoy a burglary. either end my misery or end someone elses
As a fellow veteran, thank you for your service.

If you're in misery, please contact https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/ or call 1-800-273-8255.
arftech, djreef and Matt2026 like this.
post #2367 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
As a fellow veteran, thank you for your service.

If you're in misery, please contact https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/ or call 1-800-273-8255.
Im fine, probably overstated in original post. thieves a sore spot for me.
Clarence, MReeter, djreef and 2 others like this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #2368 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1634 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
My 2-Channel Setup:

Jolida JD-100 CDP
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE

Congrats on the table.

Me too.
MReeter likes this.
post #2369 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Congrats on the table.

Me too.
Great table. In a few days I will have a VPI Scout hooked up with a Dynavector 10X5 cartridge. I'm very excited.

The system will be:

VPI Turntable/10X5 cartridge
Paradigm Studio 100 Speakers
Jolida JD602B Integrated Amp
Vincent PHO-700 phono stage
Digital front end running JRiver through a Dragonfly USB DAC.
post #2370 of 2636 Old 12-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Congrats on the table.

Me too.
Yep, love my Classic Sig. What cartridge are you pairing with yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
Arcam , Auralex , B W , Denon , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Infinity , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Marantz , Mcintosh Labs , Nad , nikko , Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Pioneer , Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker , Psb , Rega , Sansui , Sonos , Sonus Faber , Velodyne , Vienna Acoustics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page